Covid testing in Pattaya, Restaurants and everywhere else....

redwood1

I thought starting a thread on what's going on with this new testing in Pattaya would be good.....Because this could affect a lot of people..

I have not yet been asked to be tested myself... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

Going along Beach Rd, 2nd Rd and Soi Buakhao this lunchtime and plenty people sat in bars, restaurants and cafes drinking beer. Were they tested first? I doubt it; I saw nothing to suggest testing before entering the premises.

I find it difficult to see how these new rules are going to be enforced. There isn't enough manpower nor the will.

The thing is, if testing fails the next step is closures

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The thing is, if testing fails the next step is closures

That may be so, but it doesn't get rid of all the tourists that are now here. Where will they all go? Is the genie out of the bottle?

5 hours ago, treetops said:

The testing order wsa only for Banglamung, Pattaya and Nongprue (no, I don't know exactly how the districts here work either) so Mueang Chonburi wouldn't have been affected?

Ah .... I see.  Interesting situation for the casual restaurants on the borders.  

14 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Entered a decent restaurant in North Pattaya yesterday evening and enquired about this ne procedure. The first lady did not understand me and the second said 'ATK, what ATK', 'we do not know ATK', 'please come in'...

Yes there is the reaction, one of ignorance in both senses. 

I am fairly sure there will be many Farang bricking it in Pattaya right now.

They will all have to a negative test prior to flying back to their relative Countries, and some could be finding themselves having to stay a few Days longer than planned.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I am fairly sure there will be many Farang bricking it in Pattaya right now.

They will all have to a negative test prior to flying back to their relative Countries, and some could be finding themselves having to stay a few Days longer than planned.

I agree, and they'll be PCR's that are required so tested at expesive hospitals, i'm sure they will have to spend their extra days there and not at hotels....

bummer.

19 hours ago, champers said:

Going along Beach Rd, 2nd Rd and Soi Buakhao this lunchtime and plenty people sat in bars, restaurants and cafes drinking beer. Were they tested first? I doubt it; I saw nothing to suggest testing before entering the premises.

I find it difficult to see how these new rules are going to be enforced. There isn't enough manpower nor the will.

Give it time - they're probably concentrating on getting the motorcyclists to wear helmets first!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LittleBear57 said:

I will not be going anywhere near Pattaya for the foreseeable future. I do test myself now and again as the 7/11 kits are only 49 bht now.

no reason to be s.h.i.t. scared now! I have a byrd in Patty and whenever we are together she just orders all the food and drinks we need, great house party. And the pool and beach are no danger

Edited by thurien
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why haven’t supermarket, bank, fresh food market etc employees not been asked to test everyday like wise customers, they have as much close contact in fact in the fresh food markets it can be

This isn’t law only an order so unless the Police go round every ‘restaurant’ it is unenforceable, if they really mean business let’s make make it mandatory for everyone to have a test before stepping outside the door !

Testing will most likely only be enforced (maybe) at the places they want gone like bars and clubs... 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

The Thai hazmat gang was doing rapid tests at 4 pm at the entrance to Walking Street yesterday. Today no white suits or testing, same time.

That hazmat suit thing is nothing but theater.......I did not see the ladys giving out vax jabs wearing hazmat suits.......I see no one wearing them anywhere except at street testing sites and airports...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2