Government asks public not to panic over surging covid number; increase in line with predictions

webfact

Who is panicking with giving all kind of restrictions and no idea how to solve adequate this wave??? The Government needs 4 weeks they wrote yesterday.. See what will happen next week...

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The government warned the public on Friday to not worry about the surge in Covid numbers as they were in line with ministry predictions following the new year period and the spread of the omicron variant.

And yet to climb even further.

52 minutes ago, Airalee said:

The Thai people I know aren’t so much panicking over Covid as they are to the constant shutdowns of their businesses leaving them with no way to have an income.  They all seem to be aware that the symptoms are usually mild and most of those that I know live healthy lifestyles and don’t have the same comorbidities that the Thaivisa bar brigade have so they don’t live in fear of the virus.  

The Thais I know are panicking having attended NY parties, are getting tested and are finishing up in Hospitels

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

Thai people shouldn't worry  !!  Delusional dickheads running the country.

I think the word used in the PM's message (Thanakorn Wangs words) was "panic", not "worry".

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha asked the public not to panic over the increasing number of Covid cases in the country which is in line with the global outbreak situation,” said Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, the government spokesman.

7 hours ago, Airalee said:

The Thai people I know aren’t so much panicking over Covid as they are to the constant shutdowns of their businesses leaving them with no way to have an income.  They all seem to be aware that the symptoms are usually mild and most of those that I know live healthy lifestyles and don’t have the same comorbidities that the Thaivisa bar brigade have so they don’t live in fear of the virus.  

Nurses,doctors, front line staff are already over whelmed.

No panic unless you need to go to a hospital.