Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

19 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Accurately names the injured, but not the deceased

Depends on the newspaper you read.

Marcus Evans, 49, from Weston Super Mare started drinking on Friday afternoon with his girlfriend and friend Shaun Dagnan, from Nuneaton

1 minute ago, Harsh Jones said:

Stabbed to death for loud music eh ? and you think he asked for it.

Two sides to each story honestly .. But he does like a drink by the box honestly .. plus staying in one of these thai style housing complex where you are so close to one and other isn't helpful when you like to drink and party ,, 

To be honest if the story is a true reflection of how things were, then I think wouldn't have held back until 3am.

I remember when my first child was born they were having national elections here. About every half an hour the pick ups would all come past my house blaring out the numbers of the candidate they were promoting. They travelled in convoy and the beat from their Tannoy systems was so loud that the windows in the house rattled.  And consequently, due to their selfishness, my daughter couldn't sleep during the day. I have to admit that I never confronted them but I did take action for my peace of mind. I used to throw eggs on the pictures of the candidates they were canvassing for. They knew what i was doing but did nothing. I did feel better for doing so.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

UK DM. I don't think I can put the name but it ends in L

Indeed, thought so.   Apart from the very first news (Kanchanaburi News) which named him as Marcus John, all the other Thai are giving the 'name withheld until relatives informed' line.

3 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

What you have to is acquire your own weapon if you really want to be  out amongst the low grade trash .. now we know what the projectile type is and can be easily got with money in the land if everything can be purchased . Especially living in a place with morethan it's fair share of folk with 'mental problems '

No need for a weapon if you keep the music down. Sure loud music does not deserves a brutal murder like this. But not antagonizing people usually makes sure you don't get into trouble. Drinking and loud music combined will get you in trouble eventually. 

If you like drinking and loud music either find a secluded space or make sure your house is sound proofed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harsh Jones said:

Stabbed to death for loud music eh ? and you think he asked for it.

I don't think anyone asks to be stabbed to death, well maybe a Japanese student who just received a B- in a math exam.  But if you play silly games , you win silly prizes. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you like drinking and loud music either find a secluded space or make sure your house is sound proofed.

Or, if Thai, just keep the local police on-side and no-one will complain.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mancub said:

if Thai, just keep the local police on-side and no-one will complain.

Where I live, this is how it is. You wanna have a party you go to the police and get permission. They will send a cop around and he checks on the venue. He also makes arrangements with regards to closing the road off if needed. A time of finishing will be agreed on with the host and the neighbours. All amicably done and times abided by. Obviously the farang were ignorant of protocol?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jwest10 said:

So very sad indeed and yes RIP and normally it would be the other way around and accepted that loud music would be played at a wedding or special occasions and that would be no problem and a get together of a few friends.
There are also very many other instances of very annoying noises at all hours of the night  by bike riders but also and not just from the Soi dogs but so-called pets which are not properly trained and allowed to bark and bark  for a very long time and disturb a lot of peoples sleep and people do get very upset and most sleep at night and not during the day as these dangerous dogs do.
I do hear of people rattling their metal doors and also understandably occasionally  some swearing and yes even from the most mild mannered.
Sometimes, I really believe that they care more about any animal before any human beings and yes including their own family but yes of course the proper pet lovers look after their dogs and family too.
So cheap the price of  life but same as when one is owed a substantial amount of money and then you hear it was given as a gift but they drive top of the range cars and own loads of land.

Personally I care more about animals than I do about most human beings, Animals don't usually play loud music in public, in a foreign country, at 3 o'clock in the morning.

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Thai media already playing up the fact guy has mental health problem.  I will be back out on the streets in no time.

Edited by Adumbration

4 minutes ago, bbko said:

The Thai chat sites are saying people with mental health issues shouldn't be allowed to act with impunity, they need to be punished, and I agree, mental problems should never be a "get out of jail free" card.

He also has disabilities on top of the mantel health problems.? the attacker was thai with unconscious cerebral palsy. 

Edited by NicholasTH

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Personally I care more about animals than I do about most human beings, Animals don't usually play loud music in public, in a foreign country, at 3 o'clock in the morning.

...and not many animals attack you with a scythe.

But your point is ?

• Like 2