Mild, asymptomatic COVID-19 cases not entitled to claim under new insurance rules

webfact

"Patients who are symptomatic or who have mild symptoms being treated in hospital or in home isolation and are without doctor’s certificate stating the need for treatment in such facilities will not be covered by the medical care or compensation scheme."

This is common sense! I don't know if the wording is off but it sounds like it is saying that a doctor must consider it "medically necessary" in addition to testing positive. I don't know why people would want to but it sounds like there are overly paranoid people who want to be treated just because they are positive (even with no symptoms).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DezLez said:

No it's not mild flu. The symptoms are generally less severe and may well not require hospital treatment but that's not all cases otherwise there wouldn't be so many people in hospital with Covid.

Does anyone know an insurance company that a "tourist " can use to stay for 60 days or less that is cheaper or much better than let's say AXA which is about 3,100 baht per month for short term 50k covid insurance?  If Thai companies don't cover this do others?  Can ANYONE from most countries be accepted as well?  If not I guess most will just buy the Thai covid insurance that never really paid for asymptotic positive test result on day 1 or day 5 after arrival.  I have to buy insurance by tomorrow or next day to apply for Thailand Pass. I'm sure others have to soon as well. As a side note. I need to come to Thailand. Florida, Greece , Spain and Philippines as well as Mexico and others are NOT options????