Thailand will not rush to condemn Russia over Ukraine, says Foreign Minister Don

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Millcx said:

By sitting on the fence Thailand and their cowardly officials will pay dearly when dust settles

the rest of World will not forget what they are doing

TAT won’t save them with their propaganda 

Thailand needs to stand up & be counted. 

Interesting attitude, I wonder how this will affect the order for ukranian AFV. Would a principled country want to sell arms to one lacking principles.

With my Nostradamus hat on I predict a few years from now trouble with China. SE Asian countries baulk at paying the 'vig' on loans to fund various projects and a little anti-chinese sentiment is whipped up.

China invades Loas to protect chinese interests/people. The world condemns the action and does nothing and SE Asian countries fall into line with the China demands.

Thais think the saying 'kill a chicken to scare the monkeys' is theirs, but its origin is chinese.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Trade deals, big baht for Thailand. Of course it is smart.

Condemning achieves nothing.

Hate to say it but there is an element of truth in your post . However when this event hopefully comes to a safe non-nuclear conclusion , the countries who failed to condemn Russian actions will ostracised . It is my belief that Thailand will follow China to a neutral position and abstain from taking sides .

Totally Agree, good to see Thailand with taking a common sense approach. Western leaders are pathetic and weak and have only their own interested at stake. Just remember the west unsettled the entire Arabic world over notions of weapons of mass destruction that didnt even exist.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

....wil not rush.....but rather wait until Ukraine has been occupied and then congratulate Putin to his "glorious victory" ?

Is that the self isolating foreign politics of Thai government ? That ridge is very narrow, be careful, it can be very harmful for complete Thailand.

• Like 2

He's right. War should not have been an option. The  west has made it one. When the USSR collapsed the US made a deal with Gorbachev - you don't stand in the way of re-uniting Germany, and we won't move east. Great: end of cold war. But then the west ratted on their promise, inaugurating cold war II, and have been moving east as fast as they can ever since. This makes war an option for  Russia - maybe the best option from their point of view? Were they laying a trap for Russia, heedless of possible consequences? Whatever, their irresponsible conduct shares responsibility for the mess we're now in. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, robert888d said:

I suppose he has taken his orders/advice from China.I thought Anutin was deputy Primeminister?

... yeah, well, they've got a whole assfull of these deputies ... and this anal-ogy fits quite perfectly here as they're mostly useless ...

Unsurprisingly, as I may add.

• Like 2

having a moral compass does not necessitate prejudice or inhuman judgement. To the contrary. It requires significant quantities and application of both. Sadly the world we now live in seems to have stepped down yet again to lower depths and absence of both.

he doesnt want to upset russia as they are one of Thailands big tourist people plus they have business/sales arangements with them, again we see Thailand putting financial gain ahead of peoples and another countries lives, what else can you expect from these pathetic degenerates

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said today (Tuesday) that Thailand may need to fine-tune its policy on the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but it will not rush to condemn Russia, like many other countries have done, because it will not help to improve the situation.

So in his eyes failure to submit a 90-day report on time is presumably a far more serious crime than the invasion of a sovereign country and the gleeful slaughter of innocent civilians, right?