Say goodbye to Big Carl as Carl’s Jr leaves Thailand by the end of March

webfact

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No loss.  If memory serves, they sourced their patties from the same as BK.

According to the linked article, one of the reasons they couldn't afford to stay in business is because they had to import all their ingredients from the USA.

I enjoyed Carl's because they served fresh brewed iced tea on a free refill basis, with lemon wedges available.  They also had genuine napkins on the tables instead of having to ask for them.  And their burgers were generally good, with one inedible one at their Silom store, but just one time out of a few dozen that I ate at the 3 Carl's I knew in BKK.   I had to wonder why they opened one up right next to Burger King around Nana...  But I ate there often.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Nooooooooo

First we lose A and W root beer and now Carls....

Carl's burgers are good, I like Central Festival Carls..

I have been waiting for years now to have a Hooters closing celebration.... But they just will not go out of business....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nightfox said:

I hope they don't replace Carl Jr's with Jollibee's as at least the burgers at Carl's are decent. 

I actually liked eating Jollibee's when I was in the Philippines. Better than some of the other food down there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Nooooooooo

First we lose A and W root beer and now Carls....

Carl's burgers are good, I like Central Festival Carls..

I have been waiting for years now to have a Hooters closing celebration.... But they just will not go out of business....

We still have at least one A&W here at Terminal 21 in BKK on the lower floor.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

A list of healthy restaurants that are opening, please. Good to have someone with solid info. Thanks

One good thing about the 'situation' the past 2 yrs, it weeded out the not so good restaurants that relied on the overflow of the better ones.

Sadly a few good upstarts, fell through the cracks, and simply bad timing, if not owning the building.  Was out & about, and happily our favorites were hanging in there, or doing a brisk business, as they always did.

Larger chains simply closing their tourist area franchises.  Even 7-11s.

I’m not a big fast food eater.  There is a Carls down the street from my condo in Bangkok.  I tried it for lunch.  The food was horrible.  It was burger and fries. 
I actually tried Mos Burger.  Once in Tokyo. And here in Bangkok.  I thought the burgers and fries were pretty good for fast food. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, greg71 said:

That would be Burger King here innit . 

Don't know, Ive never eaten Burger King.

Popped over to Aus last year and my friend brought me a takeaway Mega Jack meal, it was lush.

Do Burger King here do the Mega Jack ?

Edited by Ralf001