Jump to content

Rabies alert in Pattaya City zone


snoop1130
 Share

Recommended Posts

288150786_582660083285190_6780439134192121080_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Animal Army Foundation ช่วยเหลือ ปกป้อง ป้องกัน

 

Rabies alert in Pattaya City zone. Two new confirmed cases were found on June 13th.

 

A 2-year-old child and 6 adults have been bitten. One was an unvaccinated owned dog and the other was an unvaccinated street dog. There is currently a 14-day high-risk alert from June 13th to June 27th.

 

Please report any animal displaying the following symptoms:

 

  • erratic behaviour
  • excessive drooling
  • not eating
  • unusual air biting
  • disorientated staggering

 

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/15/rabies-alert-in-pattaya-city-zone/

 

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-15
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pity the article doesn't make it really clear where effected

 

Current red zone: Moo 6 Pattaya City, Banglamung and 100 Moo 6 Pattaya-Naklua, Muang Pattaya (click)

From the article.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, champers said:

 

Current red zone: Moo 6 Pattaya City, Banglamung and 100 Moo 6 Pattaya-Naklua, Muang Pattaya (click)

From the article.

i saw that, like i said not clear enough, most people won't understand where that is

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pity the article doesn't make it really clear where effected

Yes, at least then one might stay clear......

It  does say Moo 6  Pattaya City and 100 Moo 6 Pattaya Naklua . Doesn't help me much. A 'Moo' is a large area. I think one of these is near the railway station. 

Edited by jacko45k
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Until one of these soi dogs bite and kill some officials baby , it aint gonna happen. They mauled to death the PM's kid, then he'd be signing the death warrant of all dogs tomorrow, but the poor and people walking the streets do not matter to the people in the high towers

Won't happen then either, more than likely. Dogs maul people young and old all over Thailand but the dogs are protected by religion, they may be some ones relative.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pity the article doesn't make it really clear where effected

Yes...I have a friend who walks miles each day...is not a member here and I'd like to be able to ask...hey...do you walk near...????

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i saw that, like i said not clear enough, most people won't understand where that is

Just look at the packs of dogs roaming free at the back of Banglamung Hospital, city hall do nothing to reign in the problem. The packs of dogs congregate as people encourage it by feeding them. Wish they would take them home and care for them there instead. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With so many stray dogs around this was bound to happen.  Surprised it doesn't happen more often.  Maybe this will motivate them to clean up the problem but I doubt it.

Edited by shdmn
Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, at least then one might stay clear......

It  does say Moo 6  Pattaya City and 100 Moo 6 Pattaya Naklua . Doesn't help me much. A 'Moo' is a large area. I think one of these is near the railway station. 

exactly it's too vague to be helpful, I've seen maps used before which is miles better 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pity the article doesn't make it really clear where effected

The article does not make it clear that the dogs that bit the people had rabies either.  No mention of the dogs being tested at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:
  • erratic behaviour
  • excessive drooling
  • not eating
  • unusual air biting
  • disorientated staggering

Blanket habits within all go-go's in Pattaya.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Time to start culling all those street dogs.

 

How come controlling rats and cockroaches is OK, but not not mangy soi dogs?

 

Species-ism?

 

i agree 100%   

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, rwill said:

The article does not make it clear that the dogs that bit the people had rabies either.  No mention of the dogs being tested at all.

I presume the people bitten have been confirmed as having rabies. Two confirmed cases is what it says. Sometimes one has to join up the dots and not be in denial because the lines have not been penned in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Just look at the packs of dogs roaming free at the back of city hall do nothing to reign in the problem.

Thats the government workers on their lunch break.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A sterilization of street dogs is long overdue, especially in suburbs around Bangkok, but longterm probably need to address the root of the problem which I'd guess is pet abandonment - influenced people thinking a puppy is cute, an aggressive sterilization would just be reset after a year or so

 

Whilst there thrown in a culling of the instagrammers that walk around with silly dogs in child pushchairs, further encouraging the puppy for Christmas effect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Time to start culling all those street dogs.

 

You mean restart.

In years gone bye there were various control mechanisms in place but foreign do-gooders brought them to an end. Obviously in the interests of publicity they picked on a particular aspect of the mechanisms that were in place. They embarrassed the government in the international press and view now is to avoid doing anything controversial.

It is wrong to say they did nothing. Prior to the pandemic they had vehicles going round trying to vacccinate as many animals as possible, came to our house a few times, we have around 60 cats and 10 dogs, did them all for free. The program was suspended with the pandemic and as far as I am aware not been restarted.

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/ricky-gervais-and-dame-judi-dench-back-campaign-to-stop-thailand-dog-meat-trade-9818198.html

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Time to start culling all those street dogs.

 

How come controlling rats and cockroaches is OK, but not not mangy soi dogs?

 

Species-ism?

 

Look at the best selling book!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mnomad said:

A sterilization of street dogs is long overdue, especially in suburbs around Bangkok, but longterm probably need to address the root of the problem which I'd guess is pet abandonment - influenced people thinking a puppy is cute, an aggressive sterilization would just be reset after a year or so

 

Whilst there thrown in a culling of the instagrammers that walk around with silly dogs in child pushchairs, further encouraging the puppy for Christmas effect.

Soidog do gooders have done less than 100 a day in almost 20 years, and the numbers still rose. Extermination is the answer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Please report any animal displaying the following symptoms:

 

  • erratic behaviour
  • excessive drooling
  • not eating
  • unusual air biting
  • disorientated staggering

 

Farang barstool occupants take cover!.......😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...