Thai PM’s failure to answer an interpellation in person irks opposition MPs

snoop1130

52 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Am I the only one who needed to Google 'interpellation'?

"Interpellation is a formal request of a parliament to the respective government. It is distinguished from question time in that it often involves a separate procedure".

No ????

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I looked it up as well, but still don't understand.

Not surprised Prayut couldn't answer either, especially as he doesn't speak English.

I was confused as the first entry read this ????

Interpellation

Philosophy

In Marxist theory, interpellation—the process by which we encounter a culture's or ideology's values and internalize them—is an important concept regarding the notion of ideology. It is associated in particular with the work of French philosopher Louis Althusser.Wikipedia

Until I looked at the next definition in the search list -

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/interpellation

an occasion when questions are formally asked of a government minister in parliament; the process of asking questions in this way:

• Like 2

Well, my irrelevant input to the subjection would be the following. Create a "Ministry of Busy Affairs", fill it with hundreds, and if not sufficient thousands, of those family members of all those other funny overworked ministers. It is called Nepotism and as we've learnt this week - that is the way to go. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Arkhom, however, claimed in a letter to the House speaker that he would not be free, but had assigned his deputy, Santi Promphat, to act on his behalf, but Santi also claimed he was busy and could not attend the session.

An office cleaner was available but could not understand the question.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thai PM’s failure to answer an interpellation in person irks opposition MPs

Come on, give the guy a break, 'interpellation' is a long word and he may not have understood it.

Oh. Misunderstanding.

That's OK..

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a very good line of questioning, and could not be closer to the truth. That is precisely why the empty suit preferred to avoid having to answer it. This is just another indication of the callous disregard for the masses, and their difficult financial plight, at this time. This tone deaf, ivory tower administration continues to demonstrate their unworthiness on a daily basis. If they want to demonstrate they are serious people, and care about the interests of both the people and the future of the nation, they need to start making some sacrifices. So far, only the masses are making sacrifices, with no concessions from the multi millionaire leaders. Barely any assistance in this time of crisis.

I suggest Prayuth begin by giving up the ridiculous submarine vanity project. Show us something. Show us any reason why you guys deserve to remain in power. Thailand might have been the tiger of SE Asia a decade or so ago, having been the 22nd largest economy in the world, but those days are long gone. So, I would say it would be safe to refer to Thailand as an up and coming country, post Covid. Assuming they can get it together, and put things back on track, which I seriously doubt will happen. I would not be surprised to see Thailand fall to 75th place in terms of GDP, 20 years from now. There is absolutely no doubt the nation is moving backwards, on at least a dozen levels. And unless a dynamic leader like Thanathorn comes along, the great tiger will continue to devolve into a whiny little street cat. 

So, he ignored the meeting because he felt he could. Let us hope that the near future proves him wrong, let us hope he and his filthy band of goons are ousted, and let us hope history shows them as the callous and corrupt fools they truly are.

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpeg

Unfortunately it is not just him that is bringing Thailand down, it's others also. To kill a snake you first have to cut its head of but whilst that is a metaphorical statement it does require a real and persuasive leader, free of the encumbrance of any of the corrupt families and ruling classes. I am not sure whether Thailand has one yet unfortunately.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

Unfortunately it is not just him that is bringing Thailand down, it's others also. To kill a snake you first have to cut its head of but whilst that is a metaphorical statement it does require a real and persuasive leader, free of the encumbrance of any of the corrupt families and ruling classes. I am not sure whether Thailand has one yet unfortunately.

Well, that applies to most nations. There are very few high levels politicians anywhere, that are not highly compromised. But, anything is better nothing, and Cha Cha is a true nothing, and the very definition of an empty suit. A guy like Thanathorn, or even Korn, could be an enormous improvement, though youthful would be a great quality in a leader here. 

We need another Thaksin style election, where the control is wrestled away from the crocodiles (the so called elites). and the people have more of a say in decisions. Idealistic, yes. Impossible, no. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Well, that applies to most nations. There are very few high levels politicians anywhere, that are not highly compromised. But, anything is better nothing, and Cha Cha is a true nothing, and the very definition of an empty suit. A guy like Thanathorn, or even Korn, could be an enormous improvement, though youthful would be a great quality in a leader here. 

If any country needs a social coalition government at the moment this one certainly does.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the prime minister claimed he was busy

Arkhom, however, claimed in a letter that he would not be free,

Santi also claimed he was busy and could not attend the session.

All shirking their responsibilities?????

• Like 1

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha or any of his representatives to respond to an interpellation over the current economic problems

Does he still think the WAR in Ukraine by Russia has nothing to do with the economic  situation in Thailand ? Not long ago he said I'm too busy with the economic problems to talk about Russia and Ukraine. ????

Edited by brianthainess