Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order

webfact

9 hours ago, John Drake said:

Who is going into immigration without a mask today?

I didn't know anything about dropping the mask mandate when I went to Udorn Immigration this afternoon around 14:00hrs (updating new passport). I wonder if the IO's knew about it too because they were all wearing masks. When I had finished I went around 200 meters to my bank to update my accounts. All were wearing masks.

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'm going to be surprised if you can mange to get inside a shopping mall without wearing one.

A while back (summer 2021) people started to take them off while inside the malls but for sure they had them on to get past the security checkpoint.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Given that you’re in Hua Hin I’ll assume you’re talking about Market Village. It’s always been predominantly foreigners not wearing masks or at best using a mask to keep their chin warm. 

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, we are not exactly crying. I am triple vaccinated, with only the good ones. But, the mask thing here is so far over the top, and many of us non lemming types know exactly what that is all about. Outdoor masking has very little to do with health, prevention or public safety. It has infinitely  more to do with Cha Cha's job security. Keep the people scared. 

So, no more masks for us. Not outdoors, unless in a very crowded area. Good riddens. 

"Only the good ones". I didn't realize that they had released any good ones. 

• Thanks 1

Could these people stoutly insisting that masks stop or reduce the spread of a virus maybe back up what they’re saying? I read through the whole thread and wasn’t surprised to see that not one person had posted any link to anything that proves their wild claims beyond doubt 

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, we are not exactly crying. I am triple vaccinated, with only the good ones. But, the mask thing here is so far over the top, and many of us non lemming types know exactly what that is all about. Outdoor masking has very little to do with health, prevention or public safety. It has infinitely  more to do with Cha Cha's job security. Keep the people scared. 

Oh, I know very well what it's about and the science does not indicate that mask wearing outdoor helps much with anything. But please enlighten me, in this context what exactly is a lemming? Is it one who has followed the government regulations? If that's the case I'm guilty as charged. What about you?

"Well, we are not exactly crying."

And that's where you're wrong, if by "we" you mean the anti-mask brigade. Many do cry and the poster I replied to is a great example of that.

Edited by Phoenix Rising

15 minutes ago, Dave Dave said:

Could these people stoutly insisting that masks stop or reduce the spread of a virus maybe back up what they’re saying? I read through the whole thread and wasn’t surprised to see that not one person had posted any link to anything that proves their wild claims beyond doubt 

Wild claims? You and I must have very different definitions of what constitutes a wild claim????

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Thanks 1

Saw loads of people not wearing them in Central Beach mall, also 7/11 I went in.

I had not heard the news so still was wearing mine, I wondered why they were not getting shouted at

Happy days

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Given that you’re in Hua Hin I’ll assume you’re talking about Market Village. It’s always been predominantly foreigners not wearing masks or at best using a mask to keep their chin warm. 

I tend to go to Bluport but I must admit that when I went there last week the 'entrance checkpoints' were not manned at all. and that was before the change.

Maybe it was just the time of day I went but who knows.

27 minutes ago, Dave Dave said:

all i know is the amount of excrement that shows on the outside of a mask that hasn't entered my lungs...personally i will keep wearing one.

• Thanks 1

It apparently has not trickled down to the regular folks here in BKK, out tonight on our walk, 99% wearing masks except the occasional foreigner. The temperature scanners are also still in place entering buildings and shops.  

11 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I tend to go to Bluport but I must admit that when I went there last week the 'entrance checkpoints' were not manned at all. and that was before the change.

Maybe it was just the time of day I went but who knows.

Mo day while in Hua Hin we popped into Bluport. The scanners at the door were not manned and half if the foreigners we saw had no masks on while all others did.

11 hours ago, stoner said:

711 and central are public areas too. this is going to be interesting. 

They are and they aren't.  They are public in that people generally are allowed to freely access them, but they are also private property, so of course the owners can make their own rules.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Mo day while in Hua Hin we popped into Bluport. The scanners at the door were not manned and half if the foreigners we saw had no masks on while all others did.

Interesting, looks like they had already dropped enforcement requirements then.

When I was there which was at least 10 days ago the checkpoints were not manned but everyone was still wearing masks - that I noticed anyway.

The last barrier to tourism has at last been removed. I expect a lot more westerners will be eventually be arriving. Arrivals will probably be on a geometric or even exponential volume curve. Starting small rising slowly at first with the rate increasing month by month maybe 1.3 times the volume of the month before until the cooler season (Christmas New Year etc.) when it will spike. Word has to get around that Thailand is now open for business. The Tourism authority should invest in adverts extolling the beauty of Thailand in Europe and the USA to hasten the process. It's easy to make one advert with voice over in the language of the country where it is displayed. Invest in adverts on social media get things moving again get people earning money and lift them from the poverty of Covid. Advertise the 3 month retirement Visa for Older people as part of the deal. These people often have a higher disposable income than younger people with families and would be less troublesome than single males looking for sex and service

10 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Geez, a week ago I was never coming back to Thailand until they dropped the Thai Pass, covid insurance and mask mandate...now I have no excuse ???? 

And don’t forget having a few bongs

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

"Only the good ones". I didn't realize that they had released any good ones. 

Well, it was universally recognized that Thailand chose the vaccine with the lowest efficacy, as it's primary vaccine. Any other one appears to have been better. 

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Oh, I know very well what it's about and the science does not indicate that mask wearing outdoor helps much with anything. But please enlighten me, in this context what exactly is a lemming? Is it one who has followed the government regulations? If that's the case I'm guilty as charged. What about you?

"Well, we are not exactly crying."

And that's where you're wrong, if by "we" you mean the anti-mask brigade. Many do cry and the poster I replied to is a great example of that.

Some of us have followed policy to avoid massive fines, arrest, and panicking our communities. I gave up masking outdoors already. Now, thankfully it is official, or at least "allowed". 

Being a covid lemming, means not constantly questioning the highly questionable official narrative. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Some of us have followed policy to avoid massive fines, arrest, and panicking our communities. I gave up masking outdoors already. Now, thankfully it is official, or at least "allowed". 

Being a covid lemming, means not constantly questioning the highly questionable official narrative. 

"Some of us have followed policy to avoid massive fines, arrest, and panicking our communities."

Those are excellent reasons to follow the rules, whatever you think of the rules.

"Being a covid lemming, means not constantly questioning the highly questionable official narrative."

Well that's a relief then, means I'm not a lemming.

I was in our locale town last Friday ,Big C, Macro,and Robinson, and the local fresh market,I was wearing a mask the  whole time ,first time I have been they for a good few weeks .

Tuesday  morning fell a bit hot ,did a Covid  test, positive, just like a bad cold  for 2 days, moral of the story, masks do not do a lot .

In fact, I ride a motorbike and have been using  face masks for some years now, helps against all the dust and <deleted> from the road.

• Like 2