has the west gone woke?

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Men and women are different and children learn different things from their father and their mother. A child who grows up with only one parent has deficits and a child who grows up with two mothers or two fathers is handicapped.

The problem with marriage is that a lot of things come attached to that status. I.e. a married partner can decide about his/her partner in a hospital. That is an important aspect and IMHO gays and lesbians should have those rights.

But with marriage come also (often? always?) the right to adopt children. Because 100 years ago nobody thought about married men. The laws are old and it would be an enormous amount of work to change the parts which make sense and to restrict the parts which are not good. As far as I know that is why civil partnerships exist.

Today we have the Gretas and Britney Griners of the world, or am I wrong.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

All this nonesense will evaporate when people have real challenges in their life.  And a combination of Russian aggression, environmental degradation and rising religious extremism will provide these real challenges in the next few years.

People coping with homes destroyed by floods, fire, bombs or rockets don't tend to worry about pronouns 

• Thanks 2

Yes in many ways it has won as outlined in the book. "How woke won" See the outline below.

"Woke has conquered the West. Identity politics, cancel culture and trans ideology reign. Censorship and public shaming are the price you pay for dissent. Where did woke come from? How did it conquer so many of our institutions? How can we fight back? These are the questions at the heart of How Woke Won, Joanna Williams’ brilliant new book, published by spiked in partnership with John Wilkes Publishing. It is your essential guide to our maddening times."

‘Clear thinking and gripping storytelling’ – Jonathan Haidt

‘A brave and lucid book’ – Robert Tombs

‘One of Britain’s sharpest writers on woke’ – Julia Hartley-Brewer

‘A searing read’ – Paul Embery

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes in many ways it has won as outlined in the book. "How woke won" See the outline below.

"Woke has conquered the West. Identity politics, cancel culture and trans ideology reign. Censorship and public shaming are the price you pay for dissent. Where did woke come from? How did it conquer so many of our institutions? How can we fight back? These are the questions at the heart of How Woke Won, Joanna Williams’ brilliant new book, published by spiked in partnership with John Wilkes Publishing. It is your essential guide to our maddening times."

‘Clear thinking and gripping storytelling’ – Jonathan Haidt

‘A brave and lucid book’ – Robert Tombs

‘One of Britain’s sharpest writers on woke’ – Julia Hartley-Brewer

‘A searing read’ – Paul Embery

Today I Woke and had coffee which Woke me up completely, am I now Woke or just caffeinated.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

The west has not but the western media see it as something else they can sensationalise and write about.

The media is killing the west slowly.

Sensationalism sells newspapers. Sensationalism produces clicks. Organisations, trying daily to help the poorest of the poor can not be "sensationalised".

But who is supporting "sensationalism"? We are!

Rupert Murdock (and others) has disovered early in his live, that the only inexhaustible Gold Mine is "human nature".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A child who grows up with only one parent has deficits and a child who grows up with two mothers or two fathers is handicapped.

And you KNOW this because.....?  I hope your answer isn't "it's obvious".

I don't think you have answered or even asked an equally important question: are children with two fathers or mothers in a poorer or better situation than those with only one parent with a same sex lover/partner?  I think that question is the better one to ask if you want to have an informed understanding of the same sex marriage issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Woke's origin was in black culture and has nothing to do with the meaning you obviously think. All woke is now is an attack word of white resentment etc. right wing culture wars. 

They're not documentaries, they're comedies, and would probably be banned today...

... nuff said

1 hour ago, swissie said:

Sensationalism sells newspapers. Sensationalism produces clicks. Organisations, trying daily to help the poorest of the poor can not be "sensationalised".

But who is supporting "sensationalism"? We are!

Rupert Murdock (and others) has disovered early in his live, that the only inexhaustible Gold Mine is "human nature".

That's is a an over simplification of the seismic change the woke cult is causing and the real changes in society and legislation that is  destroying lives.

• Thanks 1

Who are all these invisible awake people?

I've personally met just one person who honestly believes that jet aircraft are spraying us with chemicals, the earth if flat and the government is controlling us.

And everyone knows she's a complete nutter and gives her a wide berth.

14 minutes ago, sipi said:

Who are all these invisible awake people?

I've personally met just one person who honestly believes that jet aircraft are spraying us with chemicals, the earth if flat and the government is controlling us.

And everyone knows she's a complete nutter and gives her a wide berth.

There are woke and there are nutters. Similar - but different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1