Face masks still mandatory on public transport, cinemas in Thailand

webfact

11 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I will predict as long as the Thais see people wearing the silly masks on Thai T.V shows they will keep wearing the masks...When the News broadcasters take their masks off then many Thais will then feel safe to take theirs off.....

But I am sure loads will keep wearing the masks for year if not decades...

Are they copycat singing with a mask on too?

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

The reasons is because they believe they themselves are in danger from catching dangerous COVID, and also they don't want people to gossip or think bad of them for not wearing one. 

A codependent nation.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Wow, 18 hrs old and 7 pages long.............boggles the mind.  I have the absolute solution to all the posters questions and imagined fears.  The Thai Govt should make it a Law that masks are "Required" in all piublic places where more than two people congregate.  A fine of 100 baht for Thais, and 1000 baht for Farang - reason is, if I am reading this thread correctly, the Farang here think they are 10 times smarter than Thais so should have to pay 10 times more in fines.   I'll go get my popcorn now.              Peace

Taxi for TunnelRat to China...

Don't forget your PPE and face visor, and take no more than 10x100ml of hand sanitizer in your hand luggage...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Nicknoodle said:

So why has it not been mandatory on the sky trains for weeks now? The announcements at the stations advise that mask wearing has been relaxed and is only recommended. 

It was most likely just a poor translation or lazy reporting.  It remains a recommendation, not mandatory, despite what the article says.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It was most likely just a poor translation or lazy reporting.  It remains a recommendation, not mandatory, despite what the article says.

Dont think so... it's straight from the govt, in English to boot....

b184.jpg.fbcce6de557099c9c99d4a118cd3fa88.jpg

https://aseannow.com/topic/1273523-face-masks-still-mandatory-on-public-transport-cinemas-in-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=17642376

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

So do you see the Thais wearing the masks indefinitely ? It seem like they would tire of the masks eventually... 

I hope they will get bored of them eventually....but really, who can guess? There may be another disease come along in the future. 

Edited by jak2002003

20 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I was wondering the same thing - if the Emergency Decree has ended, then based on what legal basis is this doctor saying this? Sounds more like opinion than an actual rule.

Exactly, that's exactly what I think it is. Having said that, TIT and I'm not sure making this argument when asked to mask up would work all that well.

I'm not going to be wearing a mask (or even having one on me) anywhere but if asked by a staff member or cop, I'll probably just leave without making a scene. 

8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I will predict as long as the Thais see people wearing the silly masks on Thai T.V shows they will keep wearing the masks...When the News broadcasters take their masks off then many Thais will then feel safe to take theirs off.....

But I am sure loads will keep wearing the masks for years if not decades...

What is it like to feel so superior? Like many keyboard warriors here, you have doubtless always felt that everyone was wrong but you. Sure in the knowledge that your knowledge is scientifically stellar. And the sheeple who live in Thailand ...

Two things:

Most of us have come through the pandemic unscathed. Many of us because we followed best practice. Some of us genetically predisposed. Others in spite of themselves.

For all of your cockiness and snarky remarks, this is a developing country in many respects and many people are afraid of COVID and they are right to be.

Just give them some respect...

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comments to another member removed
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

This is a good example of culture difference between east and west. Westerners are all about freedom and liberty. Asians are more about respecting authorities, social norms and consideration for others. 

I may strongly believe in one set of values but if they differ from those of the country I’m living in, I will either adapt or leave. 

I'm not anti-mask, and wore one before most Thais did when COVID began in China.

I don't wear one now except when it seems logical to do so, for example on a busy train.

I like Thai people and have done so for the best part of 25 years here.

I respectfully disagree that Thais have more respect for authorities and social norms, or have more consideration for others than people elsewhere. Some do. Some don't. 

Pretty much on a par with other parts of the world.

Edited by Sunderland
Yee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anrcaccount said:

I can see you want this to be true, but it is very much looking like a poor translation.

If it was true and a real mandate , airlines and the BTS would be enforcing it (as they were previously) - neither of them are. 

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/plan/travel_information/making-your-travels-safer.page#:~:text=Face masks are not compulsory,the one you are wearing.

As for Cinemas, what a strange single indoor venue to single out. 

Again, there is no mask mandate law in Thailand. 

True.  And I wouldn't expect much from a government translator anyway!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I heard that in the UK the COVID, or SARS2 numbers are spiking again. Remember expats that you are living in the Kingdom of Thailand

with basically military rule, so what do you expect? Do you remember that the current leader is an ex general 

and they all dress like they were all military in the past. Just saying.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:19 PM, Snig27 said:

And here we have a so called medical professional telling people that you need to clean surfaces to prevent it. According to the CAC there is no evidence anyone has ever caught it from a surface, it’s airborne.

But we are in a country where they were disinfecting the streams, forests and beaches, and, as recently as a couple of months ago washing vast quantities of noxious chemicals down public roads.

Paranoid fanaticism ! ! 

On 10/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, hayden5650 said:

even says it is still encouraged, although no longer required.

Does the announcement really say the second part? Ive heard the first part many many times. I have never heard the second part.  (second part is true, Ive just never heard them announce that, BTS,  Airports. )

2 hours ago, marcusb said:

Does the announcement really say the second part? Ive heard the first part many many times. I have never heard the second part.  (second part is true, Ive just never heard them announce that, BTS,  Airports. )

not quite, he obviously wasn't paying attention. here's the actual announcement on the BTS as of 3 October...

• Like 1