Circumcision

RabidRenu

I was born in the 60s when it seemed to be a middle-class thing to circumcise boys.  I had no choice in the matter and it wasn't a religious thing.  My son is now 7 and it was never even a question whether to have him circumcised and I hadn't even realised that people still did it to their boys, other than for religious reasons!  

As a circumcised man myself, I hadn't realised cleanliness was such a big issue with uncircumcised men, and always assumed that apart from normal showering and bathing, the penis was self-cleaning. When would a 7-year-old need to know about this and is there an established procedure for teaching young boys to do it properly?

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't think you understand how statistics work, just because your figures quote uncircumcised guys are allegedly 30%  more likely to contract an infection  It doesn't mean that 30% of uncircumcised men will get, or are  infected

The fact is, if you're bedding a stranger, you should be using protection anyway, and if you're with a long-term partner, you should be exclusive and fully tested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Imagine if say when you were 30 years old and your 60 year old Dad came to visit your house and told you he was going to take you to hospital and have your foreskin removed .

Why would it be acceptable just because it happened 30 years previously 

What about if you're 60 and your dad's 90?  That would be weird.

Or, what if you were 20 and your dad was 40, and he sits you down and tells you that there's a medical procedure where doctors can graft the foreskin of a younger man onto the penis of an older man, and he was circumcised but you weren't, and then he tells you the reason that you weren't circumcised was because he wanted to harvest your foreskin once you reached 20, and you should have a kid now so that you can do the same, and you agree to it but then your wife keeps having girls and you end up on some sort of foreskin waiting list, that would be weird... ????

• Haha 2

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Yeah, you can get condoms with it in or I think it comes in a spray.  Numbs for a few minutes and then wears off.  Shame he didn't try that first.

A mate of mine got cut to slow down his acute premature ejaculation, There were complications and it didn't look good for him, I went to visit him but they wouldn't let me see him, I asked the doctor if the op had been a success but he said it was still "touch and go"????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

A mate of mine got cut to slow down his acute premature ejaculation, There were complications and it didn't look good for him, I went to visit him but they wouldn't let me see him, I asked the doctor if the op had been a success but he said it was still "touch and go"????

Why is there no eye-rolling reaction for dad-jokes? ????????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Or, what if you were 20 and your dad was 40, and he sits you down and tells you that there's a medical procedure where doctors can graft the foreskin of a younger man onto the penis of an older man, and he was circumcised but you weren't, and then he tells you the reason that you weren't circumcised was because he wanted to harvest your foreskin once you reached 20, and you should have a kid now so that you can do the same, and you agree to it but then your wife keeps having girls and you end up on some sort of foreskin waiting list, that would be weird... ????

Girls can be done too  but not sure how much usable skin could be harvested

20 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What , as a 20 year old , your 40 year old Dad takes you to a Hospital and has your foreskin removed , and gets that foreskin attacked to his own circumcised knob ?

That is MORE than weird 

• Haha 1

FWIW:

"The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines state that the health benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks, but these benefits are not enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision. Therefore, it is the guardians’ decision to circumcise their son."

AND

"An estimated 58.3% of male newborns and 80.5% of males aged 14-59 years in the United States are circumcised [3,4].

Male newborns who undergo circumcision benefit from significant reductions in the risk of urinary tract infections in the first year of life and penile cancer and risk of transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections later in life. The task force found that the benefits of circumcision were enough to justify access to all families and warrant third-party payment [1,5,6]. However, the AAP found that the health benefits were not great enough to recommend routine circumcision for all male newborns and that circumcision remains at the discretion of the guardian."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8654051/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What , as a 20 year old , your 40 year old Dad takes you to a Hospital and has your foreskin removed , and gets that foreskin attacked to his own circumcised knob ?

That is MORE than weird 

Even weirder if he had it grafted onto his own uncircumcised knob 

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

From

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23374102/

"Conclusions: This study confirms the importance of the foreskin for penile sensitivity, overall sexual satisfaction, and penile functioning. ..."

And the same survey also noted:

"Today some studies on the effect of circumcision on sexual function are available. However they vary widely in outcome."

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And the same survey also noted:

"Today some studies on the effect of circumcision on sexual function are available. However they vary widely in outcome."

And are therefore useless

My parents decided to get my brother circumcised in order to stop him from masturbating , it wasn't very successful, they couldn't get him to stop for long enough to allow the doc to apply the anaesthetic, never mind carry out the procedure 

My mother told me that my father intended to have me circumcised but she had persuaded him to cancel. however she told me that as a result i needed to do my best to try and  keep it clean, what could i say but "thanks for the tip" 

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

My parents decided to get my brother circumcised in order to stop him from masturbating , it wasn't very successful, they couldn't get him to stop for long enough to allow the doc to apply the anaesthetic, never mind carry out the procedure 

Cut males maturbate more and more intensely. That cutting was done in the olden days to stop deleted us freakin' hilarious. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NickyLouie said:

U like mens foreskins ?

Whilst my feelings regarding other peoples foreskins are what i consider to be a healthy mixture of revulsion  combined with indifference I'm quite attached to mine , and intend to remain so as indeed are approximately 91.5.% of "people" from the uk  apparently

As far as women's feelings are concerned I can only judge by what i've been told when discussing the matter 

what leads me to believe is that most women don't actually find cocks stunningly sexy and irresistable in the way men find female genitalia irresistible (quite the opposite) and they couldn't care less as long as your clean, of course if your cut, women will tell u they prefer it, and the same if your not,   women are like that

Seriously Its not something i ever really thought about but other than medical reasons I can  see no reason to allow the ritual circumcision of babies in the name of some imaginary deity  in this day and age. Nor to be allowed  do it for some dubious health benefits or to alleviate what appear to be some serious  personal masturbatory hangups . It should be allowed  but  restricted to over 18's along with Drinking,Smoking  Tattoos and  Piercing, or any other form of permanent self  mutilation. and never be performed under duress or with out consent

13 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

There are pros and cons of male cutting.

They are not super significant either way.

It is not child abuse either way.

If you are going to cut doing it at infancy is the best option.

Yes I do have a bias but it's of course up to the parents.