Makro ! just an advisory.

CharlieH

Paperwork seems the the norm in Thailand  but yes I took a two ring hob back 10 mins latter.as it was no use as the rings would not hold a saucepan as the holder was wrong it said just need to exchange the holders the same as the one on display.... But nope had to buy another one then get refund for old one. Seems so long winded but as we all say TIT..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

apart from the 45 minute process, you then have to wait upto 2 weeks to actually be paid.

OMG, I can imagine.   At JIB (computer store), I returned and swapped out a 40,000 laptop in about 10-minutes.   I was so excited it wasn't like what I expected (your story I assume and dread before attempting anything like this, and I really tried to convince myself to NOT do it), that I gave each employee 100 baht.   

Once.............no, Twice I bought shoes for like 100 baht each and both pairs broke (sole came off) within a few minutes.  I think one I tried to glue, didn't really work well.  I didn't even consider going back to the store..............I just laughed.  

1 hour ago, Boyn said:

It seems to be a thing in Thailand, buy shoes 5 min later sole comes off,

Bought a 24 Watt three color LED down-light at Global.

All fine until about 3 days when it was on for longer.

Suddenly dimming, off, on different color... A light show.

I now took a look at the LED driver (similar to a transformer) and did simple math.

It's an 18 Watt driver!!

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lantern said:

From my experience "customer service" does not exist in Thailand.

I can honestly say that is not my experience. Customer service over the past 30+ years has been exceptional. I will admit I've had the odd exception, but they have been minor to the point I cannot give details. Is it good luck, or good service?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

that's not my experience with Makro. I returned an item and asked if I could get a replacement from in the store. Information desk said to go and get the replacement item. Brought it back to them, they went to the checkout processed a credit for the returned item and then scanned the replacement item. Just had to pay the difference on the spot. No issues whatsoever. All done in 10 minutes and no paperwork involved.

Edited by TigerandDog

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

I almost always get good customer service, never any problem.

Agree, and allowing that we all can have different experiences due to many variables. The only return incident with Makro for me concerned returning 3 boxes of Red Monte Clair wine. Taste was very bad. Perhaps the bottom of the barrel or having been too long subjected to heat but ... yuck. I explained that I had also tasted a second box with the same result ... undrinkable. Return price was immediate  ... We don't know, perhaps they had been told of a bad batch, or others had the same complaint ... anyway. My one time return, no issue.

I had a similar experience at Thai Watsadu. Wanted to return an unopened item becasue wrong size despite the seller telling me it would fit. Went to the return counter where they conveniently have a printout of the refund policy which stated that they would just refund the money to my card. Clerk there said that's not possible and we can just get a voucher. I pointed out that there is a clear printed policy for refunds hanging right next to him which says otherwise. A lot of back and forth and they said OK but now I need to sign this huge staple of papers and btw they need my passport. Left me standing there waiting for 20minutes. They obviously started a whole convoluted process just to push you accepting a voucher instead which for some reason would not need all that paperwork and passport.

Clearly the corporate heads of the big companies have design the process to be as cumbersome as possible. An excercise in how to not make a customer happy. I've had a much better experience at HomePro.

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

that's not my experience with Makro. I returned an item and asked if I could get a replacement from in the store. Information desk said to go and get the replacement item. Brought it back to them, they went to the checkout processed a credit for the returned item and then scanned the replacement item. Just had to pay the difference on the spot. No issues whatsoever. All done in 10 minutes and no paperwork involved.

I had the same experience but instead of at the register it was handled at the accounting office in the corner of the Rama 3 Makro store where they process the deliveries.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bought a 24 Watt three color LED down-light at Global.

All fine until about 3 days when it was on for longer.

Suddenly dimming, off, on different color... A light show.

I now took a look at the LED driver (similar to a transformer) and did simple math.

It's an 18 Watt driver!!

TIT

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

Agree, and allowing that we all can have different experiences due to many variables. The only return incident with Makro for me concerned returning 3 boxes of Red Monte Clair wine. Taste was very bad. Perhaps the bottom of the barrel or having been too long subjected to heat but ... yuck. I explained that I had also tasted a second box with the same result ... undrinkable. Return price was immediate  ... We don't know, perhaps they had been told of a bad batch, or others had the same complaint ... anyway. My one time return, no issue.

and the lesson learnt.........Monte Clair is rubbish. You get what you pay, or don't pay for. 555