Deputy PM Prawit defends his luxury watch ‘borrowing’ saga gaffe as will executor says dead friend had no such assets

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The watches are Pattawat’s heritage, but they were not on the inheritance list because there were no important documents for them,” Gen. Prawit said.

I think he probably meant that there were no documents for importing them.

I am sure that the good General has taken them under his wing to spare the bereaved family any distress in dealing with the matter.

What a noble gesture. He really is a "bon oeuff" as Phillipe Patek would say...

NB: the predictive text corrected the last line to "Phillipe Patel" - probably correct given the provenance of most of the " luxury watches" knocking around the country!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

Caption of the photo...

"Nothing to see here."

I'm imagining the leader of a rival political party surviving such a scandal. They would have had all their assets siezed, forced to flee the country, their party disbanded, and found guilty of spurious charges in absentia.

At least there's one thing he won't be getting when he retires.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I'm told that these watches have registration numbers, why not check with the manufacturer as to who bought the watches.

Likely just one of his overseas LLC's used to shelter his massive, ill gotten fortune from scrutiny. Which name is his Swiss lakefront villa in? How about the Manhattan penthouse? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

then wonder what the executor of a will's job is and wonder what's the point of having one if they don't need to know everything about the deceased assets

A bit like a a general running the country...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

This guy is harder to get rid of than Bernie Ecclestone.  

Bernie is a good bloke. Made his money through smart but fair business deals. A bit harsh to suggest he is remotely similar to Prawit dont you think ?