Gunman Surrenders for Murdering British Ex-pat in Pattaya Area, Blames Road Rage

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya, Banglamung – A 32-year-old gunman has surrendered to police after murdering a British Ex-pat in the Pattaya area.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Mr. Aphichart Boonsawat, 32, has surrendered to police with the handgun used in the crime. Mr. Aphichart has publicly apologized and stated he is sorry for what he has done.

Apichart told Pattaya police “I did not know the victim previously. While I was driving my car at Soi Chaiyapreuk, I was in the left lane waiting to turn. The victim, Mr. Roger, 70, who was on a motorbike, was behind me and loudly honked his horn. He also physically hit my car trying to get me to turn faster, but traffic prevented this.”

“I stopped my car completely to talk with him before a furious argument began and he backed off onto his motorbike to attempt to drive away.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/07/update-gunman-surrenders-for-murdering-british-ex-pat-in-pattaya-area-blames-road-rage/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

UK man’s killer behind bars after shooting him off his motorbike on Thursday at point-blank range

by James Morris and Son Nguyen

image.jpeg32-year-old Pattaya-based property developer to appear before Pattaya Provincial Court on Monday charged with the murder of 71-year-old UK man Neil Roger (inset top left) on Thursday evening at approximately 9.18 pm when he ambushed the British motorcyclist with an extended barrage of gunfire while travelling on his motorbike. (Inset left bottom).

Man accused of murdering UK national, while apologising for his actions after surrendering to police, insisted that he was provoked by the victim during a road traffic incident before he ambushed the British motorcyclist with an extended barrage of gunfire which left Neil Lewis Roger with extensive and fatal gunshot wounds all over his body from which he succumbed over an hour later while still lying on the roadside and before the arrival of his 38-year-old distraught wife who cried piteously while kneeling next to his body.

A Pattaya property developer is behind bars on Saturday night at Huai Yai police station in the Bang Lamung area of the resort city and is expected to be brought before Pattaya Provincial Court on Monday charged with the murder of 71-year-old British engineer Neil Lewis Roger on Thursday night last.

Shocking evidence unearthed by police on Friday showed conclusively that Mr Roger was the victim of a deadly violent act of road rage when he was shot off his motorbike by 32-year-old Mr Apicha Boonsawat after a road traffic incident earlier on his journey infuriated the Thai man. The skill of Mr Apicha, a champion shooter, had led Pattaya police to previously pursue diligent enquiries that the UK man may have been the victim of a hired hitman or assassin.

Full story: https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/01/07/uk-mans-road-killer-behind-bars-in-pattaya-neil-lewis-roger/

Tex.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Examiner 2023-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

7 minutes ago, BritScot said:
2 hours ago, VinnieK said:

I think Mr Rogers must have dropped a few F-bombs during his altercation.

..and the f-word is one of the few that every Thai knows.

Ditto for the middle finger.

Never underestimate Thai male machismo.

They will not think twice to run you over or shoot you if they feel offended.

Lesson over.

Really that's your take on this? Wow!!!

I guess it is. Now what's yours?

• Thumbs Up 1

If ever in a violent confrontation with a fragile Thai man child. Prostate yourself on the floor and start to cry whilst begging for your life. Bit like the bad guy in that Christmas movie Die Hard. Then...

Edited by smartquark
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Unfortunately, as we all know, there are rarely follow up stories. My guess would be, as he has admitted his crime, and says he feels sorry for doing it, he will do minimum time. Out in a year or so, and no one will be any the wiser.

Now, if he stepped on a bit of coral in a national park, that is a different matter......................

Perhaps a spell as a monk!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Really that's your take on this? Wow!!!

What take! He explains how the Thai mind works and what to expect, without blaming anyone or anything. What´s wrong? Please explain Mr Brit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

What the expat did is hearsay.  Unfortunately we will never know.  But from the explanation of the events.  Nothing happened to justify deadly force.  And one statement says the expat actually backed away to get back on his bike. 
If the person felt threatened and it was justified.  He would not have left the scene and disappeared.  
But an apology was given, probably a Wai.   So that should make it all better now. 

You'd be surprised how road rage is a major contributing factor to many deadly outcomes all over the world, not only in this country... More interesting and worrying is why a 'developer' driving around with a gun in his car?...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The sound of it from where and whom.....?

If there was a video of the initial confrontation we might know more....

No witnesses have come forward that I heard.

The murderer is free to embellish and plead his case ..... these matters have a habit of drifting a long way off base without any challenge. 

This is true......And the shooters story maybe embellished...But I really really dont think the whole chain of events could have happened without a healthy dose of some nastiness from the Expat...

Hey I could be wrong.....And I will be happy to say I am wrong..