Aspirin....Where can i buy aspirin 75mg......must be soluble or dispersible. This is for heart disease.I am currently based in Pattaya.Many Thanks in advance,Billy

mrbilly

12 minutes ago, mrbilly said:

????

They usually come as 80mg, I take them for heart disease as well, I was on 100mg, but they were from back home, Cardiologist said 80mg is fine.

Any chemist you will find sell them, I pay 8 baht for a packet of 10.

When I first came here I was on the 75mg dispersible and found out they were not available and just stocked up on them when I was back in the UK.

Here they prescribe the 81mg tablet instead and it is a coated tablet to avoid the stomach problems that can come from aspirin.

About 6 years ago I changed from aspirin to apixaban which created even bigger problems to obtain.

This is for heart disease

You are having treatment for heart disease?  Has your heart doctor recommended this?  

Hospitals have uncoated pills but as said most in pharmacy have coating.  And never make the mistake of asking for baby aspirin (as many of us used to call them).

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2023 at 1:19 PM, Bert got kinky said:

Have you tried Tam Jai?

I know it's only 65mg but they are available everywhere, including mom & pop shops.

I believe (but cannot confirm)  that they are also available at 7-11.

Aspirin-Tam-Jai-1-pises.jpg

Tam Jai is 650mg per sachet, not 65.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:31 PM, david_je said:

Can someone advise what shop in Bangkok I can purchase Aspent or other good generic? Have tried several places to no avail.

Fascino....try to google it maybe

30% of the people who take this get no benefit because the coating prevents it from dissolving in the stomach. Simple solution is to chew it a bit to break the coating before swallowing it. 

20 minutes ago, gargamon said:

30% of the people who take this get no benefit because the coating prevents it from dissolving in the stomach. Simple solution is to chew it a bit to break the coating before swallowing it. 

My doc has me on cardiprin 100.

It disolves on the tongue.

As mentioned the ones from Hospital are uncoated. You may be able to buy it but as many have mentioned come prepared with photos or common brand name.

Aspect, Aspirin 81 by Pantip, B-Aspirin 81 

From Pantip website sizes of 60-325 mg are special controlled drugs that require a prescription.

According to web

IMPORTANT notes, 

Dengue Fever is in Thailand -  Go to clinic of hospital if suspected

Do Not Give Aspirin to home remedy Dengue Fever which has Severe Bleeding possibilities.

Not recommended to give Aspirin to Children.

Cold, Flu, Chicken Pox occur in Thailand,  

Viral Infections and Aspirin for children may cause REYE Syndrome

A life threatening condition.

Aspirin inhibits COX-Enzyme, improper use may cause bleeding that is difficult to stop.

May cause Gastrointestinal ulcers, and/or Gastrointestinal bleeding

Aspirin is Very Irritating to the Stomach.

I learned something from web, best to seek medical advice before starting Aspirin.

On 8/18/2024 at 1:55 AM, gargamon said:

The coating is there intentionally to prevent it dissolving in the stomach as it irritating to the stomach lining and can cause gastritis, ulcers and associated GI bleeding. 

The enterically coated tablets dissolve further down the GI tract and are perfectly effective but onset of action will be a bit slower. Which makes no difference if taken daily for purpose of preventing blood clots. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10551818/

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The coating is there intentionally to prevent it dissolving in the stomach as it irritating to the stomach lining and can cause gastritis, ulcers and associated GI bleeding. 

The enterically coated tablets dissolve further down the GI tract and are perfectly effective but onset of action will be a bit slower. Which makes no difference if taken daily for purpose of preventing blood clots. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10551818/

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-q-and-a-coated-aspirin-may-not-be-as-effective-at-reducing-blood-clot-risk/