Pattaya Police ban prostitution on the beach

snoop1130

4 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

"They" have been there ever since I can remember (30 years). I'm a big Pattaya lover and I'm living here on permanent basis for 26 years.

But admittedly, I'm ashamed of the city, every occasional stroll I make on beach road, to see those street hookers there. It completely degrades the image of town. And funny enough, take the same walk on Jomtien beach road, and you will find NO hookers there... So, it IS possible.

Yes, it would be a good thing to get completely rid of them, and simultaneously all of these freaks that come to beach road BECAUSE of them.

I highly recomend you living somewhere beside Pattaya...

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the crackdown on beachfront prostitution followed orders from deputy police chief Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn to be more rigorous in preventing crimes against tourists

Somehow this doesn't add up to me.  What crime against tourists are prevented by limiting prostitution to Walking Street?  I guess ladyboy crimes are always a thing, but that doesn't seem warranted.  I feel like this is just another short-lived revenue stream idea.  

19 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

The homeless opposite Mike do create lots of disturbance, fights fuelled by alcohol and meth, daily. They use the area as toilet. Smell horrible.

City hall should remove them once for all, and clean up this area, if they care about the city's reputation.

Radical idea:  give them a home and provide medical care for them?  

• Thanks 1

Why there was just a committee formed not too long ago that investigated prostitution in Pattaya and specifically around the Beach Road area.  After their very thorough investigation they concluded that there was no prostitution in Pattaya.  This recent police ban must be all a big misunderstanding.  

• Haha 1

You guys might have missed this doozy in the story.....

If you see anyone selling sex services on the beach or notice any other activity that could tarnish Pattaya’s unblemished image, be sure to call the Tourist Police...

LOL

Personal attacks and Troll posts have been removed.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The police informed the sex workers that from now on, they are no longer permitted to stand along the beachfront to sell sex services to tourists, reports KhaoSod. If the police find them working there again, they will face heavy fines, warned Pol. Col. Somchai Thiraphatphaisarn.

Am i missing something here? All the news coming from Pattaya police swore there was no prostitution in Pattaya. What is this i am reading that insinuates that prostitution was allowed on the beach but NOW it is no longer permitted? 

Perhaps is because the male Indian tourists are getting robbed, payback is a <deleted>! if they hadn't been ripping off the girls in the first place, refusing to pay or the girls finding out that it was him and his mates waiting for pay for one and free for all in the room. But, they are tourist having their fake gold chains and rolexs beening taken and complain, purely for insurance reason, that the police must show some action.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, bignok said:

So tourists will have to walk 200m inland to find them. 

Nope. Last time the police cleared prostitutes off the beach promenade the girls just moved to the other side of Beach Road, about 20 metres.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

STD's are only passed on when sex occurs without condoms. Anyone that stupid should be disqualified from adding to the gene pool.

I think you fell asleep in Sex-ed classes, my friend. Reduce with condoms on not "only passed on without" but Im def not an anti-condomer. 

2 hours ago, mancub said:

Oh my!

Where are those groups of Indian tourists going to wander now to "lose" their gold chains ? ????

If truth be known, they're probably amongst the group of people the police want to get rid of!

From what I've seen they're either harassing the girls with their "Cheap Charlie" offers, or making false claims to have been robbed by ladyboys! 

Quite frankly anyone who is stupid enough to: 

a) wear valuable jewellery at night in a party town

or

b) get so drunk and incapable that they fall prey to opportunistic thieves

deserves what they get...or rather what they lose.

it's not the "ladies of the night" who are the problem!

1 minute ago, Mintyy said:

I think you fell asleep in Sex-ed classes, my friend. Reduce with condoms on not "only passed on without" but Im def not an anti-condomer. 

The only woman I have had unprotected sex with in Thailand is my GF, even that was after two years with her, and she produced a health certificate dated the day before.

I have never had a STD in Thailand, and it certainly was not because I was celibate before her.

I am not getting into a p*ssing contest on who knows more about sex, just saying I must have been doing something right.

14 hours ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

So what exactly are we supposed to do at the beach now?

Watch the sand wash away ........Import pony droppings from Hua Hin. Plenty of fun activities if you put your mind to it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

If truth be known, they're probably amongst the group of people the police want to get rid of!

From what I've seen they're either harassing the girls with their "Cheap Charlie" offers, or making false claims to have been robbed by ladyboys! 

Quite frankly anyone who is stupid enough to: 

a) wear valuable jewellery at night in a party town

or

b) get so drunk and incapable that they fall prey to opportunistic thieves

deserves what they get...or rather what they lose.

it's not the "ladies of the night" who are the problem!

I have never felt a need to validate myself by wearing or owning expensive items. To me, it's a sign of insecurity.

I understand some of the girls reject Indians as clients, because they want to have a gang-bang for the same price as a single.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pattaya is sin city ,everybody knows it is sin city, it raises a lot of money for Thailand selling sin. So keep it just as it is there is enough punters who want a sin soaked holiday. So if you want a family holiday go somewhere else, Pattaya is unique and should stay that way. By the way we all know these crack downs dont last 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I live two city blocks from that crummy beach. It’s the last place I want to go. It’s like running the gauntlet every time I am down there. I can’t walk up to FoodMart without getting hit up at least once.

The ladyboys that hang out on Theppraya Road are scary.  ????

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have never felt a need to validate myself by wearing or owning expensive items. To me, it's a sign of insecurity.

I understand some of the girls reject Indians as clients, because they want to have a gang-bang for the same price as a single.

I'm of much the same mind regarding jewellery - I wear my late father's signet ring and my watch is a £10 Casio! Plus the phone i carry in Thailand is a very cheap affair with NO personal information on it except a picture of my entry stamp.

Also your comment about some people wanting a gang-bang is pretty much what i meant by "....harassing the girls with their "Cheap Charlie" offers...."