British family offer reward for their 17-year-old boy to be ‘detained on sight’ after he went missing in Thailand’s ‘Sin City’ Pattaya

webfact

10,000 baht reward.

Got to be a Thai person come up with that figure.

Is that what your boy is worth mum and dad.

says a lot about them I think.

He will not forgive you for going to the news papers now. 

Edited by quake
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I have immediately begun a tour of all the bars in Soi 6 but suspect, if successful, I will not make a profit.

Check the ladyboy hangouts, I think they got him to convert

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

British family offers reward to ‘detain’ teenager missing in Pattaya
by leah

image.jpeg

Photo via Facebook | Kimberly Christoforato

A worried British family is offering a 10,000 baht reward to anyone who can locate and ‘detain on sight’ a runaway 17 year old believed to be missing in Pattaya, eastern Thailand.

The family has reason to believe that 17 year old Ryan White, from Gateshead in England, travelled to Sin City after flying to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport one week ago on Friday, May 12.

Ryan’s auntie Kimberly Christoforato posted on Facebook offering a cash reward to find and ‘detain’ the teenager…

“CASH REWARD for anyone who can detain Ryan on sight and call the police. Unfortunately, due to having an 18 month old, I have had to return home to the UK. We will have family returning over ASAP though and this post will be updated as and when.

“This is my nephew, Ryan White. He is from Gateshead, UK. He has been missing since Friday 12th May 2023. He is 17 years old, so still a minor.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/british-family-offers-reward-to-detain-teenager-missing-in-pattaya

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What are the parents doing letting a 17 yr old travel to Thailand alone?

Why are you blaming the parents. The guy in question is 17 years old, and should be able to take care of himself. Like @BritManToo says it´s 16 in the UK. I was travelling abroad alone at the age of 14-15. My god! The only way to blame the parents in any kind of way here, is that they might not have been teaching to call back home and send pictures of the girls.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow, the kid looks more like 13 than 17 to me.  Fair haired young man with no tattoos should be easy to spot in Pattaya,  Most of us are 40-50 years older with no color in our hair at all.  5555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Probably does, except the other parents are happy to be rid of their kid.

How is this guy financing his stay ?  There in lies in danger, if illegal activity.  10k reward, PoPo should be finding him soon.

Off topic ... in USA, parents have no right to control their kids at any age.  If kids disagree, they sue for emancipation, since  being mentally abused.

Not exactly true. The child should be at least 14, depending on the state, some are 16, before they can sue for emancipation, with a courts consent. Also, they have to be living apart from their parents, with their consent. They also must have a source of income, then a court will decide what they will do. There is no fixed age where a child may decide on emancipation, but it has to be done through the court system before they are 18. A petition must be filed by the child or the parents. But there has to be evidence concerning the necessity of the emancipation before the courts will terminate the rights of the parents. Parents have control over their children until this is decided, unless some sort of abuse or neglect is proven to be taking place, again decided by the courts.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

He's having too much fun to return to the UK.

Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Trying to get him back to Gateshead for godz sakes ...

• Haha 2