Do you own a manbag?

bignok

On 6/6/2023 at 6:44 PM, bignok said:

Maybe it is time all men had one. Western males seem afraid to own them.

Where did you get that from? Did you make a poll, all by yourself, or is it just your private opinion? As for me, using a bag everyday.

And, a little bit later asking for a photo of a mans bag. Fetish?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Where did you get that from? Did you make a poll, all by yourself, or is it just your private opinion? As for me, using a bag everyday.

Don't take comments so seriously. In the west they are rare. Common in Thailand.

16 hours ago, jimn said:

Whenever I see someone with a man bag out and about town in the evening, I immediately think drug dealer. To me they look horrible and girly. Just my honest opinion

I'd say you're pretty brave to air such an incoherent opinion. 

I don't think there's many people who generally associate drug dealers with feminity.

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2023 at 4:55 PM, 2008bangkok said:

Ok now and again if you got.more stuff to carry as long as it don't look girly, not OK of you use it every day

How many days per week/month can I use my manbag to make sure that I stay "OK" with you?

• Haha 2

On 6/7/2023 at 2:35 PM, VBF said:

All the stuff you mention plus when travelling passport, tickets, phones (one UK, one Thai), Kindle, pen, spectacles daily meds.

As i said in my earlier post, very handy when travelling, going through security - I just place the bag on the belt and retrieve it after going through.

For traveling, I have a multi-pocket, tactical shirt that holds phones, watches, passports, tickets, spectacles, ear buds, pens and everything else that security can have a cow about. I load up the pockets after check-in, take it off, fold it up and place in a plastic bin for the x-ray scan and simply slip it back on on the 'clear' side. It never gets pulled for a secondary inspection that can happen with a stuffed backpack, cluttered man bag or murse. The shirt is vented cotton so keeps me cool when it's hot or warm when it's cold.

https://www.511thailand.com/product/33387/511-taclite-pro-long-sleeve-shirt-72175

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

For traveling, I have a multi-pocket, tactical shirt that holds phones, watches, passports, tickets, spectacles, ear buds, pens and everything else that security can have a cow about. I load up the pockets after check-in, take it off, fold it up and place in a plastic bin for the x-ray scan and simply slip it back on on the 'clear' side. It never gets pulled for a secondary inspection that can happen with a stuffed backpack, cluttered man bag or murse. The shirt is vented cotton so keeps me cool when it's hot or warm when it's cold.

https://www.511thailand.com/product/33387/511-taclite-pro-long-sleeve-shirt-72175

Ah... but can that tactical shirt help you slip in behind enemy lines ????

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Many insecure immature small men here managing to create a debate about a man bag being manly or not, exceeding soon 9 pages ????????????

I knew I should've gotten a pink bag...

... Let my freak flag fly ...

I'm coming out

On 6/6/2023 at 9:08 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Ageing hippy...IMG20230606210533.thumb.jpg.f24fb101ececb25bf9c277379fcb31e7.jpg

The Chihuahua doesn't come with the bag - she just insisted on being in the photo!

Disaster has struck! One of my dogs ( not Snowball the Chihuahua) has chewed up my ageing hippy man bag!

Option 2 - with this I will be able to really annoy the organised Teutonic chappie who always seems to be "tut tutting" behind me as I search through the many zipped (external and internal) pockets for my wallet in 7/11!

IMG20230610180016.thumb.jpg.832adfe107f62ebd8434c1ee5b02184f.jpgI

Edited by herfiehandbag

It's a 'bag' ... 

... man carrying it ... feel free to call it a man bag.  Though I've never heard that actually used...ever

... woman carrying it ... it's still a bag .. but again, feel free to call it a woman bag, though again, never heard any called such.

Style is personal .. UP2U, as always.

I find bags way too convenient, why I have so many.

The man bag (or whatever it is called) is quite convenient IMHO.

The only downside is that you might leave it somewhere and forget. The simple solution for that, is to make it a habit never to take it off your body.

Driving, sitting, etc for long periods, with your wallet, often over stuffed, in the hip pocket may lead to muscle imbalances and nerve irritation in your hips and back.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Interesting, thanks for posting, but when I get where I'm headed, I can put the whole "man bag" in the safe and don't need to think about washing it.

I think I'll stick with my "man bag" but of course, each to his own.

Edited by VBF

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

'murse'  ???? yet another new word I'll never use.  Who comes up with this silliness.

11 minutes ago, JayClay said:

...have you ever heard the term handbag???

Yes, but can't say I've ever heard it used, except in a Rod Stewart song.

A handbag would completely defeat one purpose of me having a bag, keeping my hands free.

Edited by KhunLA

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, but can't say I've ever heard it used, except in a Rod Stewart song.

<snip>

Only when you're wearing your glad rags????

• Like 1