Big C Extra, Meat department.....Why customers are almost never seen there...

redwood1

MAKRO: have a look at the freezer and don't be surprised if they offer similarly expensive steaks from US, Australia, NZ on offer. Wagyu!

Of course the fresh meat is way less expensive. You just have to know what it is good for.

57 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

They must have to git rid of LOADS of this unsold EXPENSIVE meat every month....Meat only has a very limited life span...

How many hours each week do spend there counting the customers and noting what they buy to rationally make that claim... five minutes, perhaps, when you walk past?

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Henryford said:
1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

They must have to git rid of LOADS of this unsold EXPENSIVE meat every month....Meat only has a very limited life span...

Expand  

I wonder what they do with it?

Perhaps it is sold; you're assuming that the OP's claim is correct (after he does nothing more than walking past the counter once a week doing his 5 minute "survey")!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I wonder what they do with it? You never see meat on sale near its sell by date. The Soi dogs must dine well.

Haven't you seen the ladies in Big C cooking the daily meat samplers on a toothpick....

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Come to Macro - the cheap meat section is always packed !

I buy my New Zealand grass fed Rib-Eye & Striploin from Lotus, usually around 149 baht for 160 grams & 180gms, cooked more on the rare side, they are excellent value, but if you overcook them, they will be very chewy.

Thailand is not the right place for you if you need big box store grocery shopping with the full shopping carts and you’re cooking meals. It’s too expensive for the ingredients and not worth it.

I am from the USA and used to live that way. It’s different here.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1