Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

I believe most of the married farang men that I know are married to bar girls. Some of the girls are some of the nicest, kind and giving girls. I would have married them if I had met them outside the bar scene. I, truth be told, have never been with a bar girl, don't really like bar "atmosphere", don't drink much. But I know many get into that work to find a Farang husband. Some here who's husbands have died and left them with a nice house and money return to the bars to find another. We tend to judge them by our Judio-christian upbring. Thai women see the world differently. A good book to read "Thai Fever".  https://www.amazon.com/Thailand-Fever-English-Chris-Pirazzi/dp/1887521488

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

what percentage of "normal" girls in the west turned some tricks on OnlyFans during the pandemic to help pay the bills? 20% maybe? 

20% of guys in the west will marry a girl who did a stint on Only Fans and not even know. 

Silly…

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bob smith said:

over the years i have read many stories about farangs who come to thailand, meet a girl in a bar and fall head over heels in love.

within a few weeks/months they are married and he is planning to take her back to his home country.

ive also met a few bar stool joeys with similar stories.

tellin me how much he loves her, and she loves him.

they've usualy known each other less than a month.

what are these blokes thinking?

are they that desperate that the only girl they can get is a bar dweller?

who probably had 1 or 2 guys for breakfast before you showed up.

i see them pretty much daily. all over weight, bald, with no teeth.

the girls love them. only because he is paying of course.

the girls dont even look at me when i sit on my stool.

im well dressed, not too old and speak thai.

they know that I know their game like the back of my hand. 

a fool and his money are easily parted. this is especially true when it comes to the bar scene.

why on earth would a western bloke marry a bar girl?

I just do not get it.

I agree with you but only to some extent, to the bar girls it's just a job that pays well to support family back home and I think given the chance of a let's say office job with same salary they would jump at it, also bar girls make up around 0.00001% of thai women and they not all the same. Get away from the tourist areas and see the differance 

35 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

I agree with you but only to some extent, to the bar girls it's just a job that pays well to support family back home and I think given the chance of a let's say office job with same salary they would jump at it, also bar girls make up around 0.00001% of thai women and they not all the same. Get away from the tourist areas and see the differance 

Haha??    0.00001%...you might want to check your math..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

what percentage of "normal" girls in the west turned some tricks on OnlyFans during the pandemic to help pay the bills? 20% maybe? 

20% of guys in the west will marry a girl who did a stint on Only Fans and not even know. 

Just look at Tash Peterson the vegan troublemaker who makes $40.000 per months on Only Fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If I were to marry a "bar girl/prostitute", then I would first insist she got some help from a qualified therapist:

I'm not sure she would be the one needing therapy

24 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I'm not sure she would be the one needing therapy

As you say, such a fate, for me at least, would be highly likely.

And so, I would never tempt fate by marrying a prostitute or a bar girl.

But, each to his own, and I should be the last to judge others.

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

What matters in a marriage, is to be happy! So the man who is happy with his wife wins no matter where she comes from or what she have done!

Simple as that ????

True. Be happy. Care not about other opinions. Mosr opinions are just extended burbs.

13 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Whatever a thai girl costs it will be peanuts compared to what a farang woman will cheat you out of.

you been burned by a western woman before?

No sympathy from me if you have.

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1