Kuwaiti Tourist Injured in Motorbike Accident, Friends Obstruct Pattaya Rescuers from Doing Their Job for No Reason

webfact

21 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

The nurse brought the bill for about 2500 ฿ and he said way too much I'll give you 1 thousand...just like the fish market.

And....... I would like to know how it panned out before I figure who came off better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A few perspectives on this one..

- Over 100 Kuwaiti men.. that’s some bachelor party !!

- on motorcycles.. fitting the stereotype & racing ? 
- Some of the rescue services are a far cry from the ambulance service a we know it, I’d watch with extreme care & also intervene if I thought my friend was being handled poorly after an accident. 

Then of course there is the cultural aspect & mob mentality…  back to 100 guys ragging it up & down the street at 4am….  Police anywhere to be seem? 

(Response to LL in advance, I know it wasn’t reported they were racing, but….. we know they likely were). 

Would you have intervened if you thought your friend was handling the motorbike incorrectly.

5 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I fail to see why these law breakers aren't just rounded up and deported with a black listed passport because they are causing more harm to residents and other tourists with their selfish behaviour than they are worth to the economy.

I suspect they fear a reaction whereby they might lose Arab tourists more generally. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A few perspectives on this one..

- Over 100 Kuwaiti men.. that’s some bachelor party !!

- on motorcycles.. fitting the stereotype & racing ? 
- Some of the rescue services are a far cry from the ambulance service a we know it, I’d watch with extreme care & also intervene if I thought my friend was being handled poorly after an accident. 

Then of course there is the cultural aspect & mob mentality…  back to 100 guys ragging it up & down the street at 4am….  Police anywhere to be seem? 

(Response to LL in advance, I know it wasn’t reported they were racing, but….. we know they likely were). 

Read the linked article.

The last three headlines"

Middle Eastern tourists pose policing challenges;

Indian tourist injured in a brawl with fellow Nationals;

100 Kuwaitis obstruct Pattaya Rescuers.

Is this a result of the high cost of air fares to Thailand from Europe?

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How is their insisting on lifting their colleague into the ambulance of the rescue team "interfering with police business"? 

The report says they were lifting their friend onto the ambulance. The first responders know it's safer inside.????

• Confused 1

So all these fairly young men are out at 4.30 am causing problems?

From the article:

"The eyewitness also mentioned that this foreign group had been causing disturbances in the alley, riding their motorcycles loudly throughout the night, disregarding traffic rules, and not wearing helmets."

Not a cop to be seen apparently?

Are these guys tourists? They are certainly not retirees?

Edited by Smokey and the Bandit
  • Thanks 1