Thai Government Plans to Establish Clean Drinking Tap Water

webfact

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've been drinking the tap water in CM for the past 10 years. Still alive so it must be OK.

Have you had a blood test recently?  I don’t even drink the tap water in Los Angeles County. On the other hand I can’t really vouch for the quality of bottled water or even the water from the 1 bath machines.  So I guess it’s a “crap shoot”? 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Confused 2

Even if they swear on a stack of Buddhas that the water is clean now i'd still be using a water purifier, just don't trust them to deliver a real clean water, and why have they waited for so many years to do so i ask?...

Edited by ezzra
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Tap water in Thailand some main cities (BKK, CM,etc.) is often good.

No it is not. The source water is good, the delivery is not.

So they want to make tap water available to millions? I assume they will be changing the pipes in apartment ghettos.

Right.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I guess that nasty smell coming out of the tap must just be my imagination?!

Maybe just where YOU live. Doesn't mean it is the same everywhere. There are public drinking fountains down by Taksin Bridge. They have been there for years.

Edited by VocalNeal

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Maybe just where YOU live. Doesn't mean it is the same everywhere. There are public drinking fountains down by Taksin Bridge. They have been there for years.

I haven't drunk tap water in over 35 years, not about to start anytime soon. Closest I have gotten would be a natural spring in the mountains in the US, and even then I filtered it using one of the best filter systems I could find before putting it in my 3 liter bladder backpack.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I haven't drunk tap water in over 35 years,

That still doesn't mean that tap water in BKK is not clean. Many people on this forum may come from conurbations in Europe where they take clean drinking water as a given. They would not have to use filtration systems to avoid beaver fever. 

• Confused 1

Just now, VocalNeal said:

That still doesn't mean that tap water in BKK is not clean. Many people on this forum may come from conurbations in Europe where they take clean drinking water as a given. They would not have to use filtration systems to avoid beaver fever. 

I've seen the water coming from many taps here, there is no way in Hell I am drinking it, but if you choose to....drink up, enjoy! 

• Like 1