Where to meet 50 something like-minded individuals?

22 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Guys like me. Who have been married several times and are now quite happy to be alone.

Guys who are not afraid to walk on their own and don't need a woman to hold their hand.

The place where can we discuss best and latest meds over a beer or 2. 

Exchange different gaviscon formulas.

Not sure now the Soi 7 Biergarten is closed. You could also meet women in their 50's there (bless them).

51 minutes ago, Celsius said:

over a beer or 2

Do we really need to help you to find places where they serve a beer or two?

I used to go a lot to Soi Cowboy. Lots of guys, fitting your description, sit there in the late afternoon outside of the bars and talk to each other. Some of them are interested in the girls. But many guys just go there to talk to the other guys.

If I would be in a new town and I would look for what you describe, then I would look for a bar or two like described above. Just go there regularly and you will meet the regular crowd, and maybe also the manager and owner. If you like them, talk to them. If not, try somewhere else. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Ask them where they are from ( a normal question) and they seem to think you are prying into their life.

I think it depends a lot on how fast you ask such question.

I remember sitting somewhere with some guy and then a new guy arrived out of nowhere and asked questions for no good reason. Nobody of us wanted to talk to him.

But if a guy sits is a bar, where some other guys sit on a table a meter or two away, then sometimes conversations just start. Take it easy and after a while you will know the other regular guys and if they like you, and are interested in talking, they will talk to you.

I also remember one afternoon where a guy came to us (sitting outside a bar) and he told us something like: I just arrived today, I was here 10 years ago, can you recommend where I should go and maybe what changed in the last years.

We were happy to give him some tips. No personal questions were asked at that time. A couple of hours later he was back and we asked him about his experience. I don't remember if we talked for a long time with the guy, but that's how it goes. 

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do we really need to help you to find places where they serve a beer or two?

I used to go a lot to Soi Cowboy. Lots of guys, fitting your description, sit there in the late afternoon outside of the bars and talk to each other. Some of them are interested in the girls. But many guys just go there to talk to the other guys.

If I would be in a new town and I would look for what you describe, then I would look for a bar or two like described above. Just go there regularly and you will meet the regular crowd, and maybe also the manager and owner. If you like them, talk to them. If not, try somewhere else. 

Interesting advice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

These contradict each other.

As for meeting people, some decent people in cycling and golf groups, the good news is the groups are large so you should come across some good guys.

Problem with falang in bars particularly the older ones is they mostly talk the same nonsense, a dick size contest follows including how long you lived here

Life is full of contradictions.

Your post contradicts onemoregarang's.

Thanked too.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always say arrived last week ......... the hookers get really excited.

I always used to say that "Been here for two weeks" and speak German

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

How many times is "several"?  you do know the definition of stupidity ?

HEY ... I'm on #4 

Stupid would have been staying married with #1 - 2 or 3.  Two years, one year, 6 months respectfully, was long enough.   Guess I'm less patient as I age :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

At the risk of being ridiculed, you could try one of the expat focused churches.  I met quite a few nice folks at the (I think) Catholic church near the US Embassy.

I also met a lot of people, local and foreign, walking around the tracks at Queen Sirikit and Lumphini parks, especially around 5:00 PM when it cools off a little and the workers come out for exercise.  I was surprised at how many local women would approach and speak English.  Most of them a little older...  Could be because they recognized me from walking there several days a week.  Used to meet them bicycling in the same parks, but that seems to have gone by the wayside. (Or maybe bicycling hours have been changed- I didn't ask.)

I don't know if they still do it this year (or where), but Sunday evening BKK Symphony concerts in Lumphini park were always enjoyable and usually met some nice folks.  Used to be January and February, when it's a little cooler.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

I have no idea where to meet 50 people, either of similar mind, or otherwise.

Here in my village, I only know about three people, and not 50.

This is the way I prefer it.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I don't have a one Farang friend I don't need them and don't want one,

I am with you, son.

But, I hope I never need to meet you in order to share my similar thinking with you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am with you, son.

But, I hope I never need to meet you in order to share my similar thinking with you.

No problem I have my Thai family and friends and a few Ladyboys 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

No problem I have my Thai family and friends and a few Ladyboys 

OK.

But, my only hope for you is that those Ladyboys you hang out with are NOT Farang Ladyboys....  OK?

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK.

But, my only hope for you is that those Ladyboys you hang out with are NOT Farang Ladyboys....  OK?

Dont go there,