Court orders government to form urgent plan to address PM2.5

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Quick ?? in Thailand?? Gay Marriage already more than 20 years and still no decision, court decisions after 15 years in several cases... Red Bull heir nothing happened,  Mediashares of Mr Pita ... how long do they need... No quick doesn't exist in Thailand and surely something difficult as air pollution which need more than a law or regulation, but also a good working policeforce, as in many cases is a lack of them

Actually you are talking about the past. I can't remember that there was a court order like this already before? Maybe you know? When was it?🙏

Hmmm...seems Lanna people are about as good in taking responsibility for their actions as Thai...kind of of like a court in Beijing would decide to tell United Nations to take action to stop people of Beijing to stop burning stuff that makes their air not good🤔

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The court is essentially saying we do not believe that you are just window dressing, we do not believe that you are simply a puppet with a big smile, we actually believe that you are capable of action. Promises and declarations are not the same thing as action. Action is what real men undertake, action happens when people care enough to make things happen, and to punish the corporate interests that are causing the foul air with the sugar refineries. Sretta, is it possible that you're capable of some action? Don't talk, show us something, show us anything. 

Sadly for the suffering public, I don't think he is capable of action unless he personally profits from the action. I don't see how he can profit much from cleaning up the air. 

On another note, for the first time in my life I am having trouble breathing. I'm not a smoker (weed or cigarettes), and have never had any sort of respiratory disease in my life, and I'm now having problems filling my lungs. I wonder if it is the stinking smog, pollution and bad air here.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Hmmm...seems Lanna people are about as good in taking responsibility for their actions as Thai...kind of of like a court in Beijing would decide to tell United Nations to take action to stop people of Beijing to stop burning stuff that makes their air not good🤔

Not that I disagree with your comparison, but I highly doubt the court that made this order is made up of culturally Lanna people. That culture has been largely wiped out by the Thai and is only existing as a remnant, although there is clearly still a difference, generally, in the population of the northern provinces, I don't think it can truly be called Lanna anymore. Over 100 years of subjugation has made vast changes. Heck, there are hardly any people who are even literate in Lanna (Kam Mueang). But, in another sense, you can hardly be said to be wrong at all, since culture changes, whether due to subjugation by a larger force or not. I just wonder which may be more accurate, that there is a Lanna culture or that there is a Thai culture with Lanna influence.

• Agree 1