Tucker Carlson: Putin takes charge as TV host gives free rein to Kremlin

Social Media

1 minute ago, impulse said:

One of the few times in my life I wished my grandparents taught me Russian.  Because I don't know if Putin is a blithering idiot with an amazing translator.  Somehow, I doubt it.  But it would take a Russian speaker to know for sure.  And a lot of listening and parsing.

BTW, Russian was only spoken in our house when the grandparents didn't want us to know what they were saying.  They encouraged us to take Spanish or French in high school, because they wanted us to be Americans.  Not Russkie transplants.

Doubt Putin is an idiot. Would have been killed long ago.

1 minute ago, uttradit said:

Doubt Putin is an idiot. Would have been killed long ago.

Kamala still walks among us...  She's just got excellent security.  Probably similar to Vlad the Hammer.  I haven't heard that one in Eons.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Kamala still walks among us...  She's just got excellent security.  Probably similar to Vlad the Hammer.  I haven't heard that one in Eons.

US society is soft and weak. Russia isn't.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NextG said:

Have you researched what Russia was doing at the same time? I bet that you haven’t 😊

Live with Uncle Joe? Seems he’s living with you… rent free, inside your head. 
It’s a sickness. Get rid of it and try to find normal. 
I don’t have a dog in the fight, so I can look at all sides impartially. You cannot. You cannot see the forest but for all the trees in the way. 

:cheesy:

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, uttradit said:

As a whole, maybe.  But I'd put some of my neighbors on Galveston Island (Texas) up against workers, providers, and fighters from anywhere.  Not me.  I'm a wienie.  But some of my neighbors (mostly retired now) have seen it all and done most of it.

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Go watch some Bobby Kennedy interviews.. he spells out the time frames for all the CIA dirty work in Ukraine.

Including USA funding to overthrow the government and replace it with another USA ally.

Then go check out the MINSK treaty... 

What I love about interviews with RFK Jr, MacGregor, Ritter, and others is that they bring the receipts.  And even if I disagree with their analysis, they point to the evidence that I can check on my own.  But that requires going outside of "approved sources".

Edit:  I'd add Vivek to that list.  I still haven't figured out if he's for real.  But he does bring the receipts.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

His source is tainted so no he cannot answer you... the source has taken unbridled liberty in defining what constitutes an invasion... and it is incorrect in doing so... for instance it lists Vietnam as an invasion when in actuality the USA was invited by S Vietnam to help them repel the invasion from the north... hardly an invasion.

Correct....👍

38 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

If not already answered ... WMD, weapons of mass destruction.   Chemical and biological warfare agents.   Some of them extremely nasty and extremely deadly, like, Sarin, VX, the atomic bomb and that other more bigger bomb. 

Yes, I do know that, but my point was, in relation to the thread...😉

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it is sad that so many people, including many journalists and politicians, are against such an interview. Why?

Don't you want to hear Putin's point of view?

Some people say he lies. Of course he does, just like politicians all over the word.

And it seems sometimes he tells the truth, the part which western media and western politicians don't want to hear.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Yes. Putin is a nasty dictator & murderer. But - as anyone who has ever watched him speak 'off the cuff' knows - he has brainpower, fluency, humour, knowledge and experience that allow him to dance rings around any Western 'leader' or up-himself would-be journalist.

Many of us thought he was smart, until he invaded Ukraine, and he then demonstrated to us how modest his intelligent really is. He did not get where he is on wits alone, he got to where he is based on his level of viciousness, cunning, cheating, lying, stealing, blackmailing, serial killing and Kompramat. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Carlson was completely out of his league.

1. He is not a journalist.

2. He's not really interested in truth.

3. He seems to be sympathetic toward Putin and awed by him, which is not a particularly good position for an interviewer to be in. 

So why didn't the "good" journalists get the interview?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Because he gave the mass murder Putin a platform to spew lies. Not bitter.

Remind again of how many people Obama killed with all his bombings.  It was a hell of a lot.  Yet for some reason Obama is untouchable on this fact.

• Confused 2

Some interesting chatter in the right wing conspiracy blogs about Tucker's interview with Assange at Belmarsh that he apparently hasn't posted yet, and how the Putin interview may have provided some missing puzzle pieces for the whole Deep State conspiracy realm. 

It may get interesting, or may be a nothing burger.  But usually entertaining.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, uttradit said:

So why didn't the "good" journalists get the interview?

What are the upsides for a wanted war criminal answering questions real journalists would ask? Besides the smirk the autocrat would give as he locks them up, it seems like a loose-loose for both sides does it not? So only chumps like Tucker can sell this farce to his blind followers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hamus Yaigh said:

What are the upsides for a wanted war criminal answering questions real journalists would ask? Besides the smirk the autocrat would give as he locks them up, it seems like a loose-loose for both sides does it not? So only chumps like Tucker can sell this farce to his blind followers.

CNN begged for interviews. Got rejected. 5555

2 hours ago, uttradit said:

US society has obesity. Russia has alcoholism. Russian life expectancy is five years shorter than the US and EU.

Russia has a population collapse in the twenties, America is growing.

Do some research, it may stop you from posting daft opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

US society has obesity. Russia has alcoholism. Russian life expectancy is five years shorter than the US and EU.

Russia has a population collapse in the twenties, America is growing.

Do some research, it may stop you from posting daft opinions.

It didn't stop you. Daft and unrelated.

• Sad 1