Thai girlfriend working in a bar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2024 at 6:37 AM, jjstephen said:

I met my Thai fiancé on a dating site around 19 months ago. We started chatting all day every day and things got pretty serious. We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time, I am planning to visit Bangkok in November and tie the knot.

My fiancé is a nurse and works at a major hospital in Bangkok (which I will not name for obvious reasons). Around 6 months into our relationship she started working part time at a bar in Pattaya.

On the weekends she will go down to Pattaya to work in the bar and then return back to the hospital on Monday morning. She is doing this, working 7 days a week, to help pay off her student loans.

As I have never visited Thailand before, I started to read about Thai culture online to prepare myself. I found many posts online (for example this) which say that bar girls are 'working' and not really relationship material. But I feel like my fiancé is different as even one of the senior doctors at her hospital is involved in running the bar that she works at.

I confronted my fiancé and she assured me that she only earns money from tips and drinks in the bar. Two weeks ago a Canadian guy asked to take her out of the bar. She refused him and said that she felt scared and embarrassed by it.

Basically my question is this: Is it true that all bar girls are 'working' and going to customer's hotel rooms (even women that work there part time)? Or is she is really telling the truth here and should be trusted? Is the information posted online true or is it false? She has never asked me for money before but she did say that in November I will need to pay the hospital for her to have time off work as she already used her annual leave when her brother was sick.

I am also looking for advice about where to stay in Pattaya? Where is a reasonably priced hotel and what is the best place on the island to stay?

Thanks in advance.

Stay with her and accompany her in Pattaya....

It will open your eyes and mind.

And then...look for a real one, not a bar girl.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 6/29/2024 at 7:29 AM, kingstonkid said:
On 6/29/2024 at 7:10 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Maybe because you got sexually aroused ?

Ya think 😂

so still really only 2 things up then. she totally missed the little 3rd one.

On 7/14/2024 at 8:19 PM, Hugh Cow said:

There is a reason why they say in Pattaya you never lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn.

I'm intrigued and curious...why is that said?

On 6/21/2024 at 2:06 PM, pomchop said:

Sorry but the best advice you are likely to get and no doubt ignore is do not marry a girl you have never even met, do not believe everything someone you have never met tells you and forget about coming to a place like pattaya that you quite obviously know little to nothing about if you think it is an island...don't mean this in a bad way but wow you are a train wreck waiting to happen.

Just look back on a story posted on this site a few days ago. I don’t have a link but the story line was very similar to yours. The guys name was Ahmet and he had never met his Thai girlfriend before. Bottom line is that his online romance and commitment to marriage cost him 380,000 baht. 
Be afwaid, be very very afwaid as Elmer Fudd would say. 

Found the link

https://aseannow.com/topic/1337385-swedish-man-scammed-by-thai-woman-loses-over-300000-baht/page/2/

Edited by Zack61

My fiancé is a nurse and works at a major hospital in Bangkok (which I will not name for obvious reasons). Around 6 months into our relationship she started working part time at a bar in Pattaya.

Sure, she qualified as a nurse, works in a large hospital in Bangkok  and works part time in a bar in Pattaya.

Must try harder.

No, follow your penis wherever it leads you. Sure, that might be tied up in a hot tin shed and "encouraged" to disclose your pin number, but dang it!

Love is about taking chances, and mysterious nurse/bar girls from Thailand. 

giphy.gif

Come on man, even the backstory you gave her was lazy writing, if you're gonna troll show some effort.

teehee

• Like 1

Basically my question is this: Is it true that all bar girls are 'working' and going to customer's hotel rooms (even women that work there part time)?

Yes, unfortunately it is true. She also may have not been lying about refusing the Canadian and feeling scared. Bar girls pick and choose who they go home with for paid sex. No matter what she says though, she is selling herself and sex. A bar worker makes very little money even working full time (12 hours a day). They make their money mostly on drinks and sex. Drinks will pay her up to 50 baht each drink. Sex will make her over 1000 for a quickie and more if she is young and cute. Either way, you can pretty much guarantee that she will accept an offer to some younger man who she thinks is cute and is offering her money for sex. In her eyes, you will never be able to learn the truth and she is justified with her story she told you about repaying her loans. 

On 6/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, jjstephen said:

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when I write it like that, but when you find true love the distance is not a barrier. Although we have not met yet, I am literally talking to her constantly, all day every day sending messages. I spend more time talking to her than if we lived together and were both working. I feel that I know her quite well at this stage. In November I will visit her bar and ask the other women if she ever did bar fines or not.

This would be a waste of time. Her bar friend are all in cahoots together and will of course say no. 

If you really want to know for sure, have some foreigner friends there go to the bar and watch her, or you come earlier than she knows and you watch her from afar or from another bar. There are also Private companies that can do this for you. Either way, she has chosen to use loans and other excuses to go to the best city for buying sex and taken a job at a bar which is the best place for finding a girl to pay for sex. I find it hard to believe that you are even still talking to her if you were thinking she was a good girl. Especially, i find it hard to believe that you questions all the reports seen online about the women who work the bars in Pattaya. 

You should make a decision about if this is the type of woman you really want. You have only had online relations with her. You still have a chance to find a good woman who would never consider working as a bar girl in Pattaya. 

By the way, almost all doctors have a private office where they employ nurses that they know. For a doctor to even suggest she go to work as a bar girl leaves something to be curious about. There are lots of jobs or perhaps even better hospitals that would give more work or pay more in Bangkok that she could do rather than being a bar girl. 

One final note, I can not say for sure your woman has already succumbed to selling herself to the customer. But rest assured, she will. The temptation followed by the heavy drinking will make her do so eventually. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I am also looking for advice about where to stay in Pattaya? Where is a reasonably priced hotel and what is the best place on the island to stay?

Here is my advice: Pattaya is not on an island.

We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time, I am planning to visit Bangkok in November and tie the knot.

Are you crazy ... need to know her , and her family before getting engaged into something that could easily become a nightmare for you .

• Agree 1

On 6/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, jjstephen said:

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when I write it like that, but when you find true love the distance is not a barrier. Although we have not met yet, I am literally talking to her constantly, all day every day sending messages. I spend more time talking to her than if we lived together and were both working. I feel that I know her quite well at this stage. In November I will visit her bar and ask the other women if she ever did bar fines or not.

No point asking her friends, you need someone on this chatgroup that you can trust.  Send me a PM with the name of the bar and a way to identify your girl and I'll go there to chat her up and try to bar fine her.  Obviously, you will need to send me some money to do that.  If she says no to me, she is probably a keeper.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1