Chief of Pattaya Tourist Police Takes Steps to Strengthen Tourist Safety on Walking Street

snoop1130

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

the Thai Prime Minister’s strategy to enhance tourism experience in the last quarter of 2024

Why only for the last quarter?

As for the heading  'taking steps on walking street'   :1zgarz5:

• Haha 2

I always must laugh about this redicilous, and inflationary repeated, and abused term "Tourist Safety".

For whatever stupid reason!

Mostly, the tourists must safe them self!

Because, nothing is "safe",

or "secure" in TiT. 

The news confirming it everyday.

There was no problem for decades, right?

The real problems starting, when incompetent desk jockeys raising the levels in "theory", and wanna take control.

About safety, or whatever. Without any clue to achieve anything of the "high" targets (hubs), they're talking about.

Edited by Maitdjai
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

During the meeting, Saksira encouraged business owners to refrain from hiring unlicensed guides, offering substandard tours, and using unfair selling methods.

Very nice of him to highlight the problems that the family-friendly resort has and what tourists have to guard themselves against.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1155. This service is currently available in five languages and works round-the-clock.

Admitted it was years ago, but when my wife and I, urgently needed help after an attack, Repeatedly phoning 1155 at 11pm on a Saturday night all we got was "Line busy, line busy,......

Rang the nearest police, who came out the next morning at 10pm to the scene and I was not even spoken to, on the 3rd day I was really pissed off as nothing had been done, I then went to our Main Police station, on my wife's advice, they knew nothing of it, the next day around 8pm, a cop shows up at our house and already had 4 in custody.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Frankie baby said:

Looking at the picture wouldn't make anyone feel any safer, they look like a cross between Dads Army & F Troop.

Sgt O Rourke and Corporal Agarn will take great offense to the comparison. F Troop is one of the classic shows that I still catch once in a while. It had a great theme sone.

Edited by sqwakvfr

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Whilst ignoring the daily slaughter on the roads.

The patrol cars are sitting outside the highway police stations most of the time because their budget does not include enough for fuel to keep these cars on the road.

Would common sense not tell you that these cars with their crew could be sitting at certain spots out of sight from traffic and watching for bad driving than sitting in these Highway police stations probably playing with their phones.

The officers themselves would probably tell you that if they were patrollig the roads all the time the drivers would always see them and start behaving themselves, so they may as well just stay for long periods in their stations.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Whilst ignoring the daily slaughter on the roads.

With the greatest respect, the Tourist Police Officers and 3 foreign TP Volunteers, (photo),  are not responsible for "slaughter on the roads". This is the job of the Highway and Traffic Police.  I know, I was a TP Volunteer for 9 years, based in Chiang Rai then Khon Kaen.

No further comment from me.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information