Wanted British Man Arrested Upon Arrival in Phuket

webfact

Another photo op with him at the Patong cop shop but no more information about who he is  or why he was arrested. Hopefully they gave the British Embassy more than a photo of him with his face blanked out but their efforts on his behalf would be the same either way. 

IMG_5714.jpeg

Edited by Dogmatix

3 hours ago, G_Money said:

He was only looking for a legitimate job but the temptation to rip off his “employer “ was overwhelming.

Should of stuck with bar management, English teaching or digital nomading.

His “career” in Britain?  Tele sales or Financial “Investments”?

Yeah, these are the jobs for the dumbest🤗

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Know a Brit and his thai wife that stole money from many thais and farang here in Hua Hin on soi 94.  Both had to leave town before the local mafia and everyone they stole from stringing then up. Went back to England and got government housing and food because he had 2 very young boys and she seeked asylum because it was too dangerous to return to Thailand. There was a line down the block in front of the police station the day after they bolted out of town. He claims they reached out to the local police through a connection they have and was told there are no legal complaints against them. LOL. I hope they try to return 🙏.  If the police don't get them the locals will. 555

Exactly, Thailand is one of the poorest choices if wanting to hide or live under the radar. It is peanuts here to track someone down, even realtime a few K baht only. Then there is the official complaints and the unofficial ones, if it was the person looking for them for quite a bit money, that is likely the one that caused this guy to be arrested today. You wonder how he could be so ignorant to return at exact 7 years too, a year later, and the official way been expired.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Not the brightest, managing to flee then coming back 7 years later. If he is innocent surely you'd contact a lawyer/embassy to say you are coming back to defend yourself, still I wouldn't see the point as you are likely to still lose so just stay away, there's plenty of other countries to go to.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Idiot man coming back to Thailand... he must've read reports that an arrest warrant had been issued.

I was told there is a service whereby if you knew somebody who knew somebody at airport immigration , you should be able to see if any red alert was being issued upon your passport before embarking on the journey. 

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Aussies are not so innocent, a couple of years back a father and son was eating in a restaurant on their last night then did a runner, 3 years later when they returned to Phuket they got arrested, for not paying that bill, They were charged in their absence. 

I like these stories. (It's a mistake to think that RTP don't know who is in the country and where, when it comes to farangs) 😄

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, J Branche said:

Sure it's just a misunderstanding.

Brit man "borrowed" The money and came back to Thailand to pay back the loan.

Unfortunately these people who you entrust with dispursing payments see the amount in

A business account and the temptation becomes to much.  

I know a lot of small business owners who handle all their own banking, payroll, and bill payment

Because of the fear someone may "embezzle" money.

The locals has a propensity to embezzle given the opportunity given their penchants for online gambling and getting into debts when spending beyond their means. This
happened to a good friend of mine. His clerk issued a presigned cheque to herself and absconded. A couple of million baht. He got his friend ,a police chief , to apprehend the thief. She was sentenced to jail but the money was not reimbursed since it was spent already. So my friend had to spend even more money to induce the police to work and got back nothing monetary for his effort. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

Another photo op with him at the Patong cop shop but no more information about who he is  or why he was arrested. Hopefully they gave the British Embassy more than a photo of him with his face blanked out but their efforts on his behalf would be the same either way. 

IMG_5714.jpeg

I don't  see a single finger pointing.     What's going on?

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

A distinct lack of "finger-pointing" evidenced in that photo.

Have they stopped teaching that as the preferred method of determining who the guilty party is ?

He must have known they'd be looking for him. If you're working for someone and steal (or "embezzle") a whack of money from them and then skip the country, you probably shouldn't ever go back. Not unless you have a lot of "biometric" alterations, a new name and new passport at least.

Especially when there are safer options to travel to. Maybe the money he "allegedly" stole ran out and he thought he'd just come back and try the same thing again ?

And why do these guys never post about their situations on here ? Surely more than a few of them must be TV/AseanNow/Thiager forum members.

And WHAT is with those frakken pop-up ads now appearing repeatedly.
Every time someone new takes over the site it goes downhill a bit further.

Unless of course ;

He knew nothing of this, so he came back.

It’s not beyond reasoning that someone did embezzle from the company, when they heard that he was leaving, and left bread crumbs trail toward him as their fall guy. 

7 years later he comes back and BOOM!

Surprise, his world goes to Hell.

Not beyond the realm of possibility, and explains his return. If he’d done it he’d probably know better.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Maybe you're on the mark, maybe not. But you're sure off the mark with your demand to me to prove your made-up 'information' wrong.

Perhaps you should read the “information “

Brit, thief, warrant.  All the parts are there except your brain.

• Haha 2

He thought (as many do) that RTP are not smart or systems are not sophisticated enough to catch anyone... And given the number of foreign criminals that seemingly call Thailand home, they might not be that far off. This guy's mistake was he stole from a Thai, and that won't be forgotten quickly (as he know realizes). 

Edited by Cabradelmar

3 hours ago, Homburg said:

Alleged thief. Not convicted of any crime as far as I can see from the article?

So why the warrant?  If there was no evidence there would be no warrant.

I suppose they could of wanted to make up a warrant to hassle Brits upon entering Thailand.

• Confused 2