British Teacher Assaulted by Phuket Tailor in Front of Her Children

webfact

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

But the tailor isn't Thai. How many Thai tailors do you see in Phuket etc.? 

The Thai Doctors father is a political activist with media connections, that's why it was widely reported. It wasn't because she is Thai 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Personally, I have found the Thai police/legal system to be fair and reasonable.

I have been involved in a number of court cases and a few local incidents with the police.

Bangkok (murder case), Bangkok (libel) Hua Hin (vehicle accident), Samui (thefts and my wife's estate was intestate after she died).

All resolved fairly. No bribes were paid on my side in any of the cases.

With the murder case, the corruption started after the hitman and the paymaster were gaoled.

I had a case in Patong where we identified a thief and the police even had her ID and phone number from previous crimes, but they dropped it. So maybe it's 50/50

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

All this outrage, does being aggressive make him less of a tailor? So he slapped a woman, did the world end? Consider that nor every arse kicking just falls out of the sky, there's a story behind every reaction, he had a bad day and she probably crossed a line so now you get faux outrage to prove how woke you are and while you're at it lets ruin every Indian tailor because you had a bad experience with one,

So you wouldn’t mind if a man , tailor or not, slapped your wife hard enough for her to fall, in front of your children ???! 
condoning violence is disgusting !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, geisha said:

So you wouldn’t mind if a man , tailor or not, slapped your wife hard enough for her to fall, in front of your children ???! 
condoning violence is disgusting !!!

Violence isn't always physical, there are Karens who think using verbal violence has no consequences because they have a vagina, it doesn't always work out that way.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

First of all I think the tailor should be called out by name, including the name of his shop, so people can make a choice do they want to patronize a creep, or would they rather go somewhere else? The second issue here is that it just feels like lazy police work, where they're just simply unwilling to pursue a crime that's been committed. Granted, it's a minor crime, slapping someone, but still it is at least a minor assault.

Come on guys, get to work. 

Why the heck didn't ms inder up and go somewhere else?  Her choice was to escalate the situation... the tailor has a right to price his craft at any amount that he wants... while I do not condone him slapping her... someone needed to... so who's the real creep?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yeah it's so woke to think whacking a woman to the ground is wrong....🙄

Maybe she deserved it, imagine what ar$eholes men would be if they thought they could insult people without consequences but because they don't have a vagina they get a punch on the nose, that is considered OK, some Karens get a slap to remind them not to cross certain lines. This incident didn't happen because of a price dispute. We don't know what happened but she probably used the card 'I'm a girl you can't hurt me so I can say what I want'.....it didn't work out that way for her and now all she has is an injured ego.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Prison Mike said:

Sounds like she may have had it coming and British accents can be very annoying.

How do you know she had it coming?  She was just arguing about the ;price for an alteration, not insulting the tailor's mother. How would he know what kind of accent she spoke in?  He would need native speaker English and a fair bit of travel in English speaking countries to be able to detect this.  Can you tell the difference between Southern, Northern and Northeastern accents of Thais speaking Central Thai?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Maybe she deserved it, imagine what ar$eholes men would be if they thought they could insult people without consequences but because they don't have a vagina they get a punch on the nose, that is considered OK, some Karens get a slap to remind them not to cross certain lines. This incident didn't happen because of a price dispute. We don't know what happened but she probably used the card 'I'm a girl you can't hurt me so I can say what I want'.....it didn't work out that way for her and now all she has is an injured ego.

Is it your time of the month, or what?🤫 I reckon the one with a vagina is you hun.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

One of the 3 golden rules in Scotland

Don't hit a woman

Don't grass on your friends

Don't trust a teetotaler

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So, are you saying the people I mentioned are no American?

Henry Kissinger 

Arnold Schwarzenegger 

Madeleine Albright 

Marie Jana Körbelová became an American citizen.
Kissinger was German who became an American citizen.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was an Austrian who became an American citizen.

No one doubts you are a legal Thai citizen but this is off topic - congratulations on changing your citizenship.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

You don't even know what really happened in that shop. No one can know from this article. All that it says is that she wanted some work done, couldn't agree on a price and she got slapped hard enough to fall, and that's her story. Don't you want to hear the story of the tailor? How many people here on this forum have tried to haggle a price and got attached by the seller just for trying to get a discount?

Personally, if the price quoted to me seems too high I either just go away or try to get it lowered. If the vendor brings the price to something I'm willing to pay I buy the item, if not I just go to the next shop.

Seems we don't really have the full story here.

Regardless. Under no circumstances is a man let alone in the course of doing business should physically assault a customer let alone a woman. Period

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

And don't be so sure this women isn't a <deleted>. Who deserves what in this entire event is anyone's guess (based on the reporting). But don't be so sure that she couldn't have simply walked away, and indeed be the bigger person, and a role model for her own offspring. But she decided to lean into this guy by running her month and got slap to the ground instead. Honestly, I wouldn't want this women teaching my kids if that's an accurate depiction of her decision making ability. 

Ah well if she deserved it, it's alright. 

she bad women, women no good.

you sounded more intelligent in your first post. keep up the good work.  

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 8:36 AM, webfact said:

According to Ms. Inder, the disagreement began when she visited a tailoring shop to discuss a dress alteration. The negotiation turned heated, and the shop owner, angered by her insistence, allegedly slapped her, causing her to fall while her children watched in horror.

I don't know a negotiation can turn heated if there is nothing on the line. If he asks too much which she is not willing to pay then that is the end of the negotiation. She can either turn around and leave or pay a higher price. I can imagine her being hysterical and feeling entitled and screaming at that tailor guy which led to the slap. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Ah well if she deserved it, it's alright. 

she bad women, women no good.

you sounded more intelligent in your first post. keep up the good work.  

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Avoidable and unnecessary, 100%. All the way around, for all involved. But when a belligerent Karen with children in tow can't think better but to lean into a verbal confrontation with a stranger, don't be shocked when there are consequences. And don't be so Pollyanna. Most of us live in the real world. You too will get your mouth slapped if you act the fool to the wrong person. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, noodle. Words to live by. Now go to bed.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2024 at 3:05 PM, Neeranam said:

I am Thai.

Was Henry Kissinger American?

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger American?

Is Madeleine Albright American?

is Rishi Sunak British?

You have NO understanding of the Thai mindset. You are farang forever. Thai citizenship means very little to the average Thai. Try to get into the Grand Palace without paying the "farang price".

On 7/3/2024 at 2:42 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

No doubt, just a communication problem.

And, she was probably treating the tailor like she treats her students.

I am glad I was never educated in an international school down there.

I do not like the teachers who are here today and gone tomorrow.

If you want to enroll in a school with English language instruction, then try the UK, or the USA.

Nobody slaps someone without reason.

I have never seen it happen.

Glad she is not teaching any students that I know.

So, you actually know nothing about the incident judging by your post.