Pattaya Taxi Driver Attacks Two Women During Argument Over Turn Signals - video

snoop1130

turn-signals-california-1024x614.jpg

Two women who were assaulted by a motorcycle taxi driver in Soi Pattaya 4, Thailand, are seeking justice. They reported the incident to a number of Thai news outlets after the driver failed to use his turn signal and later attacked them physically.

The victims, identified as Mayom, 42, and Arthitiya, 25, suffered injuries during the assault that occurred on July 2. Mayom had to receive four stitches for a head wound, while Arthitiya sustained a bruised eye.

According to Mayom, the taxi driver suddenly turned in front of their motorcycle without indicating. He then parked to drop off his passenger before making an abrupt right turn back onto the road without looking out for oncoming traffic. When Mayom questioned the driver about his failure to use the signal, he became enraged.

In response, the taxi driver pursued them, sped past to overtake, and cut in front of them yet again. He then assaulted Mayom, grabbing her shirt and punching her multiple times, even after she had fallen to the ground.

A bystander captured the violent episode on camera and shared it on social media. The accused taxi driver was seen in the video wearing an orange vest, with the number 12 clearly visible. Although some locals tried to stop the fight, the argument continued.

Following the attack, the women reported the assailant at the Mueang Pattaya Police Station, providing the video as proof of the assault. However, due to the lack of police response, the victims reached out to the media in an attempt to push for faster action from the authorities.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4

20 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

... before making an abrupt right turn back onto the road without looking out for oncoming traffic. When Mayom questioned the driver about his failure to use the signal, he became enraged.

In response, the taxi driver pursued them...

So the moto-tax rider cut up them up...  they blasted the horn or shouted at him and dented his ego, he chased them and assaulted them.... 

... they were 'not conscious' enough to recognise the risk they were in and continued to 'push his buttons' until he snapped and assaulted them... 

There's not justification for what the Moto-taxi driver did... but the women misread the risk of danger their reaction placed them in. 

Similar has happened to me while on my motorcycle...  Getting cut up and shouting 'Oiy'.... (more of a reaction than anything else)...  The response of the other rider when male is nearly always a look of anger as if the incident is my fault...  (oblivious to the fact that I just had to brake hard to avoid them etc)...    usually, its just a look and they ride off...     Obviously, I try not react vocally, but sometimes its more of 'woah' reaction than actually shouting angrily at the other person...   

...Still - its the dented male ego that reacts violently here and I'm not interested in getting in a fight or educating the world...  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Don't depend on indicator signals here, you mostly do not get them or the driver is unaware he left it on.... pulling in or out without warning is also to be expected by the M/C taxi guys and songtaews.. and the drivers can never be in the wrong. Sad but it is what it is!

• Agree 1

7Signal wouldnt have helped and didnt.

This is a bad habit that many drivers think is acceptable " TIT "

Im smaller look out for me but when anyone pulls out signaling or not it is impossible to stop on a dime. 

Then challenging a person who has done this their whole life. Loss of face,  monkey see monkey do hiitting women is ok, what you get is exactly what we see.

The end, the story writer, police  from the same school wont address the problem that started it all a slap on the wrist say sorry and all is good until next time.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Following the attack, the women reported the assailant at the Mueang Pattaya Police Station, providing the video as proof of the assault. However, due to the lack of police response, the victims reached out to the media in an attempt to push for faster action from the authorities.

We would expect nothing else, would we. Why does Thailand have a police force? No wonder people pay to serve in it as they then get paid for doing nothing, with 'fringe benefits' added. My brother-in-law is a policeman. I asked my wife what he does and she has no idea. BTW, he has three houses, several plots of land, two motorcycles, a pickup and a large luxury van used to run a school service for local kids.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 4:34 PM, snoop1130 said:

When Mayom questioned the driver about his failure to use the signal, he became enraged.

Another pompous road user who thinks they have the authority to confront and interrogate other road users whose driving they do not approve of.

9 hours ago, garygooner said:

TIT ... Not only do I frequently see motorcycle riders forget to turn off their indicators,but also car drivers who sometimes forget to turn on their lights when it's now dark outside.  🤔 

On 7/4/2024 at 5:34 AM, snoop1130 said:

turn-signals-california-1024x614.jpg

Two women who were assaulted by a motorcycle taxi driver in Soi Pattaya 4, Thailand, are seeking justice. They reported the incident to a number of Thai news outlets after the driver failed to use his turn signal and later attacked them physically.

The victims, identified as Mayom, 42, and Arthitiya, 25, suffered injuries during the assault that occurred on July 2. Mayom had to receive four stitches for a head wound, while Arthitiya sustained a bruised eye.

According to Mayom, the taxi driver suddenly turned in front of their motorcycle without indicating. He then parked to drop off his passenger before making an abrupt right turn back onto the road without looking out for oncoming traffic. When Mayom questioned the driver about his failure to use the signal, he became enraged.

In response, the taxi driver pursued them, sped past to overtake, and cut in front of them yet again. He then assaulted Mayom, grabbing her shirt and punching her multiple times, even after she had fallen to the ground.

A bystander captured the violent episode on camera and shared it on social media. The accused taxi driver was seen in the video wearing an orange vest, with the number 12 clearly visible. Although some locals tried to stop the fight, the argument continued.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

9 hours ago, Rimmer said:

A derogatory slur has been removed