Pattaya Residents Unite to Defend Dignity Against "Sin City" Media Reports

webfact

"Sin" in the way I understand it in Pattaya seems to be what most people (the majority men) are looking for!

It's the crime I read about almost every day that should be the focus of attention.

Edited by ChrisKC
typo
  • Thumbs Up 2

In the wake of sensational media reports labeling Pattaya as a "Sinful City, Paradise for Prostitutes," local business leaders and community representatives have come together (To say thank you very much)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pattaya is necessary, it attracts the scum from all corners of the globe so the rest of enjoying wonderful Thailand don't have to mix with the filthy tourists.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, it is absolutely correct! I do agree 100%.

Pattaya is not only the Prostitution Capital of the World.

It is also a safe heaven for criminals and fugitives from all over the world!

What a shame.

This place is disgusting.

Lovely place, really.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There's so much nonsense in the world right now, and there are so many blazing fools that simply do not know when to keep their mouths shut. These people know where they live, they know what place is all about, they have other options if they find the industry so offensive.

I think a lot of these people just like to pretend to be puritans, and pretend to be very moral and very pure, and they just love to rant. Granted some of us like to rant too, but we're not out in the streets trying to distort a reality. That is just what Pattaya is, it is one of the world capitals of the sex industry, it's just that simple. Accept it, it's part of the city that you live in, it's one element of where you live, it may not be your lifestyle, you may not have anything to do with it, you may not profit from it, but this is where you've chosen to live.

Deal with it, man up, be a person with a reasonable mind, instead of a blazing nincompoop. It's your choice. 

For most Thais, living in a sex industry city is really no problem. If you don't want to be a bar girl, then get a dignified job in the 7-11.  I have met many pretty girls working in the 7-11 who could have been successful in the sex industry. Pattaya will always attract sex tourists and hookers, it's its destiny. 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

For most Thais, living in a sex industry city is really no problem. If you don't want to be a bar girl, then get a dignified job in the 7-11.  I have met many pretty girls working in the 7-11 who could have been successful in the sex industry. Pattaya will always attract sex tourists and hookers, it's its destiny. 

So very true, I have a friend from California who in the 20 years I've known him has never been on a date, and has never had a girlfriend. A bit of a mama's boy. He comes to Thailand once or twice a year and he goes directly to Pattaya, and spends at least a week there having major fun with countless women. He's very adept at that scene (not that it requires much skill!), however back in the real world he's completely dysfunctional when it comes to women. I have no idea if he's somewhere on the spectrum, or if he's just extremely shy and lacks confidence, or if he makes an effort and women just do not respond to him, but he certainly has found his go-to place. So have countless other men. Not knocking it. It has a place and serves a purpose. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Yet somehow Soi 6 doesn't make the list. Or Beach road !

Hmmmmm - seems strange. Almost as strange as not having "Boyztown" (sois 13/3 - 13/4) on the list.

Sheesh, basically from Soi 1 in North Pattaya to Bali Hai and from the Beach to 2nd Road (in most places).

And we won't mention the area in behind the Esso Station on Sukhumvit in North Pattaya.

But as we know - the police have conducted many inspections of the area and no women (or boyz apparently) approached them and offered to have sex with them for money so that means there is no Prostitution in Pattaya !

yes those too thank you. 

44 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Deep police investigations have already clarified there are no prostitute establishments there ?

Yes. If you knew the technicality of Thai law, then you'd understand why. Trading sex for money per se isn't illegal, just as in many countries, including the UK.

However, ignorance makes this one of our favorite lil' bashes.

• Like 1

Stop beating around the bush. Pattaya is regarded internationally as the world's biggest bordello, which s the reason that so many tourists come here. Don't stick your head in the sand - embrace it - it's what brings in the dollars, euros, yen, and yuan.

Not only is it the sex capital of Thailand, it is arguably the sex capital of the planet. If you can tell me a place that beats Pattaya for a single guy looking for some action, I would be very curious to know.

A long time ago Angeles City used to be right up there, but it has declined dramatically, so has Phuket, so has Samui, and for that matter so has Bangkok. One can still get good action in Bangkok, but not as good as before, unless you're willing to spend big money. You don't have to spend big money in PTown, as it is a very competitive environment for the women, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sinsot said:

Pattaya is necessary, it attracts the scum from all corners of the globe so the rest of enjoying wonderful Thailand don't have to mix with the filthy tourists.

I resemble that remark.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There's so much nonsense in the world right now, and there are so many blazing fools that simply do not know when to keep their mouths shut. These people know where they live, they know what place is all about, they have other options if they find the industry so offensive.

I think a lot of these people just like to pretend to be puritans, and pretend to be very moral and very pure, and they just love to rant. Granted some of us like to rant too, but we're not out in the streets trying to distort a reality. That is just what Pattaya is, it is one of the world capitals of the sex industry, it's just that simple. Accept it, it's part of the city that you live in, it's one element of where you live, it may not be your lifestyle, you may not have anything to do with it, you may not profit from it, but this is where you've chosen to live.

Deal with it, man up, be a person with a reasonable mind, instead of a blazing nincompoop. It's your choice. 

Yep, agreed 100%. Plenty of places to settle away from Sodom and Gomorrah in Thailand.

A visitor or a permanent Farang resident of Pattaya knows why he lives in Pattaya and not in eastern timbuktu

Make America great again? To the native Thai population in Pattaya I can only say "keep Pattaya great". What made Pattaya great? =The Sex-Industry and absolutely nothing else.

If the Thai-Locals want to "clean their image" and take up fishing again, fine. Except there are no fish left in the bay. The "fish" are onshore with a non Thai passport.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I've never been to Pattaya and never intend to go. I do consider it "Sin City." 

Pattaya, the 15th most-visited city in the World, will survive, and thrive, without you.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Good idea. Brit-free zone next?🤗

After months and months of not viewing any of your posts I thought I'd take a peek and see if you had anything of value to add.

Not surprisingly, the answer was a big, fat no.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Whether the old farts on here will admit it or not,the main attraction to eventually retire in LOS was the gals.That includes me.

The very fact that somebody is as honest as you is rare. Respect. Like most other Farangs, I came for the girls and not for the temples.

As a PS: I know a lot of Pattaya Farangs that regularily send messages to their children and grandchildren that they are enjoying the "Thai-Culture" of Pattaya.

Forgetting that those children and grandchildren are well aware why elderly Farangs prefer to settle in Pattaya and not in Scottland.

• Haha 1