Pattaya Residents Unite to Defend Dignity Against "Sin City" Media Reports

webfact

32 minutes ago, swissie said:

The very fact that somebody is as honest as you is rare. Respect. Like most other Farangs, I came for the girls and not for the temples.

As a PS: I know a lot of Pattaya Farangs that regularily send messages to their children and grandchildren that they are enjoying the "Thai-Culture" of Pattaya.

Forgetting that those children and grandchildren are well aware why elderly Farangs prefer to settle in Pattaya and not in Scottland.

Hahaha,i told my family that i lived in Banglamung or Chonburi.Not actually a lie but they all saw through me.

4 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Hahaha,i told my family that i lived in Banglamung or Chonburi.Not actually a lie but they all saw through me.

Some Farangs tell their Grandchildren that Jomtien Beach has nothing to do with Pattaya.:smile:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, swissie said:

Some Farangs tell their Grandchildren that Jomtien Beach has nothing to do with Pattaya.:smile:

Too true but I do say Jomtien.

People do this the other way too. 

They'll say the glamorous big city near them rather than the tacky little suburb they actually live at.

As you get older though schlepping the ever so long trek into Pattaya becomes less appealing and less frequent. 

This is happen when cannabis is available for the people...they get no feeling for reality und ending up in a Dreamworld. Pattaya was and is a sex city ... The biggest in the world. If you don't like it,then clean up, and not prevent there is nothing like this in Pattaya 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

local business leaders and community representatives have come together to defend the city's image and appeal for a balanced portrayal.

...in vain.

9 hours ago, proton said:

I'm an old fart and 'the gals' was the last thing I came here for. Always felt sorry for sex pats and sex tourists, such sad mugs most of them, some even think the girls actually like them.

So BoysTown for you then or the temples and food? 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“Labelling Pattaya as the ‘Sin City’ makes workers in this industry feel neglected. We want the media to take responsibility for reports that damage Pattaya.”

Methinks some people have a problem with the truth!

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The negative depiction has sparked significant backlash from the local community, concerned about the impact on Pattaya's tourism and reputation.

The negative depiction....? It would be nice to know how many tourists Pattaya attracts precisely because of the city's reputation.

10 hours ago, swissie said:

The very fact that somebody is as honest as you is rare. Respect. Like most other Farangs, I came for the girls and not for the temples.

As a PS: I know a lot of Pattaya Farangs that regularily send messages to their children and grandchildren that they are enjoying the "Thai-Culture" of Pattaya.

Forgetting that those children and grandchildren are well aware why elderly Farangs prefer to settle in Pattaya and not in Scottland.

May be they had enough of the clueless SNP and didnt get a free camper van from the stupid local electorate!

🙈🙊🙉🐘🐒🐷

14 hours ago, swissie said:

Yep, agreed 100%. Plenty of places to settle away from Sodom and Gomorrah in Thailand.

A visitor or a permanent Farang resident of Pattaya knows why he lives in Pattaya and not in eastern timbuktu

Make America great again? To the native Thai population in Pattaya I can only say "keep Pattaya great". What made Pattaya great? =The Sex-Industry and absolutely nothing else.

If the Thai-Locals want to "clean their image" and take up fishing again, fine. Except there are no fish left in the bay. The "fish" are onshore with a non Thai passport.

You got one thing right in your ridiculous, inaccurate post.  Yes, this 'permanent Farang resident of Pattaya knows why he lives in Pattaya'.   This Pattaya resident wants to live in a beach town, to start.  Always wanted to, now I do.  This resident wants to live in a city that's not too big and not too small, with easy access to both a major airport and a major city. 

This Pattaya resident wants access to very good dental care, eye care (just has SuperSight), and regular health care.   And, excellent shopping for all he shops for, whether it is an automobile, furniture, housewares, clothing, food, wine, electronics, appliances, antiques, whatever.  All available here, along with hundreds of restaurants of all kinds, movie theaters in English, and all sorts of sports activities accommodated.

This Pattaa resident wants to live in a city with a wide mix of expat local residents.  I know expats from the US, Ireland, China, Germany, Switzerland, New Zealand, England, Israel, Holland, Italy, Australia, France, Canada, and likely some other places I've forgotten.  Plus, Thais, of course.  Almost everyone I know is partnered and not living here just because of Pattaya's 'sex industry'.   Do some indulge?  Probably--but sex is available anywhere in Thailand in a city the size of Pattaya.

This expat also chose Pattaya for the wide variety of neighborhoods to live in and, especially, the very wide variety of housing available at all price points, whether you choose to rent or own.  My spouse and I have lived in everything from a 48sqm View Talay 7 studio condo right on the beach in Jomtien to our current home, a 4-bedroom pool villa on the Darkside.   In between, there were other stops in Jomtien, Pratamnuk, Pattaya Beach Road, and Wongamat.  We liked them all, and Pattaya had all our housing needs covered, whatever we needed at the time.  Whether you want a smal highrise condo on the beach or a 10MB to a 100+MB pool villa in one of Pattaya's numerous, and growing, luxury housing projects, the choice is there for you.

For this expat and my spouse, Pattaya simply checks far more boxes of what we are looking for in a place to live than anywhere else in Thailand--and, we have been to a lot of places.  We are not alone--far from it--which explains why Pattaya has grown so much in the 14 years we have lived here, and continues to grow tremendously.  

May I conclude by inviting you to join the Just Can't Quit Pattaya Fan Club.   I notice many members have been actively commenting on this thread.  As the name indicates, it's made up of folks like you with Pattaya envy and, apparently, no outlet for that envy except negatively posting on any topic involving Pattaya.  Now hundreds strong, but there's always room for one more.  Our two newest members hail from Haystack, Iowa and Queen's Breath, England.  (Should they change that to King's Breath, I wonder?)   A big Pattaya welcome to you both!

• Agree 1

The sin city is what helped it turn into a large coastal tourist city from a quaint little fishing village during the Vietnam war era, it is what it is you don't need to embrace its darker side but you do need to accept it. Lets face it hardly a place id go for white sand and crystal clear waters so many better options in and outside of Thailand 

• Agree 1

On 7/12/2024 at 1:23 AM, webfact said:

Lisa Hamilton emphasized that Pattaya is more than its nightlife, offering a diverse array of attractions to cater to global tourists.

Stupid b7tch. Pattaya was built on its nightlife. It would still be a fishing village without it.

• Sad 1

On 7/12/2024 at 6:19 AM, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, it is absolutely correct! I do agree 100%.

Pattaya is not only the Prostitution Capital of the World.

It is also a safe heaven for criminals and fugitives from all over the world!

What a shame.

This place is disgusting.

Why?  Would you prefer it went on everywhere or be focused on a few locations?  Men have been paying for sex for literally thousands of years - you think that's going to stop?  The Russian Mafia members and drug dealers need to live somewhere between prison sentences.

You say 'this' place is disgusting which sort of indicates that you live there - if you think its disgusting, its a big country, nobody's forcing you to live there.  Don't tell me you moved in when it was a sleepy little fishing village and look what's happened.

I'm not so keen on the place these days so I rarely go but as for a place to have a bloody good night out? Banging!!! (literally 😁).

• Love It 1

It doesn’t bother me as I don’t get out that much at night. But… I did walk down Soi 6 once by mistake after leaving Pattaya Hospital . I must say it wasn’t a pretty sight. The screeching girls in the most awful get ups, or practically nothing. It just breathes sleeze, which doesn’t bother me either.

Walking street I found looking very grubby, and I don’t know  Buakhao. I think the whole place needs cleaning up, ( clean as in washed clean / upgraded) and I don’t agree with the young girls walking round in their knickers , but there again, not my country , if the authorities are ok with it , so be it. 

• Haha 1