Aftermath of the Trump Assassination Attempt Staring into the Abyss

Social Media

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The guy had a zillion cameras on him, and you think he was able to put his hand in his pocket, pull out a tube of fake blood, apply the blood, put the tube back in his pocket all without anyone noticing?

That was the job of that short Secret Service chick in the scrum.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2024 at 3:33 AM, Social Media said:

conspiracy theories about the shooter's motives have proliferated, questioning how such an attack could occur

The only surprise was that Trump was the target.

In 2016 the Trump campaign built a database profiling millions of voters in key battleground states – including the family of Trump’s would-be assassin Thomas Crooks.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-trump-campaign-secret-data-on-gunmans-family

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Not really. AR style rifles aren't that accurate. The bullets are small and easily thrown off course by wind, passage through trees or leaves, etc.  Not to mention the sights on a standard civilian issue semi-automatic rifle aren't good past about 200 yards. I didn't see any indication that the shooter had a scope on his gun. 

You have to be very good to shoot accurately at 400-600 yards without advanced optics on your rifle.  I was a pretty good shot back when I was in the military and used a NATO grade 7.62 mm rifle.  For me, 500 yards and I could hit a man-sized target on a non windy day, but no more accurate than that. 

And a sniper generally uses a bolt action rifle of a high calibre. The bullets hit harder, travel in a true line, and are easier to aim. 

The guy you responded to has no idea about  guns. You did a lot better, although I would note that an accurized M14, the target shooting brother of your service grade rifle, can easily hold headshots at 500 m. Snipers use actorized semi Autos also. You can do wonders with an AR rifle but it surely wasn't on a 10-year-old DPMS model as was used here. DPMS was always notorious for crappy barrels. Then you need to wonder whether the kid was shooting the right ammo through the rifle as there are different twist rates for different bullets.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Condemned by the Dem but in the case of Republicans, attacks are often make light or deny. Remember this after Paul Pelosi got his skull cracked, Trump re-tweeted a photographn of a hammer and a pair of underwear or Clay Higgins (R) posted that the assilant was a male prostitute. No condemnation. 

Is Paul Pelosi a politician? Was he attacked for political reasons? 

No shortage of leftists making light about Trump's assassination attempt and wishing him dead.

The left calls Trump Hitler, Mussolini, a dictator, a racist, a rapist, a Russian asset and says he wants to end democracy, and then they pretend to be surprised when someone shoots at him. 

And then after calling him all those thinks, Biden and Obama "pray" to the imaginably fairy in the sky for his safe recovery. 

If I thought Trump was Hitler, I would applaud anyone that tried to kill him. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

The guy you responded to has no idea about  guns. You did a lot better, although I would note that an accurized M14, the target shooting brother of your service grade rifle, can easily hold headshots at 500 m. Snipers use actorized semi Autos also. You can do wonders with an AR rifle but it surely wasn't on a 10-year-old DPMS model as was used here. DPMS was always notorious for crappy barrels. Then you need to wonder whether the kid was shooting the right ammo through the rifle as there are different twist rates for different bullets.

Head-shot yes, ear-shot? I think not. 

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not really. AR style rifles aren't that accurate. The bullets are small and easily thrown off course by wind, passage through trees or leaves, etc.  Not to mention the sights on a standard civilian issue semi-automatic rifle aren't good past about 200 yards. I didn't see any indication that the shooter had a scope on his gun. 

You have to be very good to shoot accurately at 400-600 yards without advanced optics on your rifle.  I was a pretty good shot back when I was in the military and used a NATO grade 7.62 mm rifle.  For me, 500 yards and I could hit a man-sized target on a non windy day, but no more accurate than that. 

And a sniper generally uses a bolt action rifle of a high calibre. The bullets hit harder, travel in a true line, and are easier to aim. 

During my days, 5.56 x 45 mm caliber was used and seem very powerful at 100-120 yards to do serious damage. Anyway the young man was a lousy shooter and couldn;t even pass the muster to join the school shooting club. Glad Trump not hit and felt bad for the man shot

Just now, Yellowtail said:

image.jpeg.05ed9d341293ad586d0efc090def0658.jpeg

Look at that Hillary and Bill Clinton laughing and giggling with hitler. Wait, if Trump is hitler, how come everybody wished him well after the assassination attempt. Did Roosevelt give Adolf a call saying gee bro I'm sorry, I heard about the bomb.

It's all part of the leninist Playbook

Edited by Yagoda

Just now, Eric Loh said:

During my days, 5.56 x 45 mm caliber was used and seem very powerful at 100-120 yards to do serious damage. Anyway the young man was a lousy shooter and couldn;t even pass the muster to join the school shooting club. Glad Trump not hit and felt bad for the man shot

No you aren't glad he wasn't hit and you could care less for the people shot as you've evidenced by your continual posts over the past months. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The 5.56 was developed so soldiers could carry more ammo and fire on full auto. In terms of hitting power, the 7.62 is roughly double the strength. The advantage of 5.56 is negligible recoil so you can go rock n roll if needed. Our rifles were strictly semi-auto. I used the Belgian Fn-C1A1. It was a beast to carry around but had serious stopping power.

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

A head shot at 150 yards can easily be done with just about any rifle without a scope given that it’s a pretty large target, can certainly be done with a 556 depending on the shooters eyesight and projection ability, I’d say most shooters can do it with ease.

Just now, Hanaguma said:

The 5.56 was developed so soldiers could carry more ammo and fire on full auto. In terms of hitting power, the 7.62 is roughly double the strength. The advantage of 5.56 is negligible recoil so you can go rock n roll if needed. Our rifles were strictly semi-auto. I used the Belgian Fn-C1A1. It was a beast to carry around but had serious stopping power.

I have an FN Fal Congo under my bed in the usa. I don't need to fire it to hit anybody, just get that flaming ball of fireblast out of the muzzle. That's enough.

They should have let you rock that FAL full auto, that's a treat

3 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I have an FN Fal Congo under my bed in the usa. I don't need to fire it to hit anybody, just get that flaming ball of fireblast out of the muzzle. That's enough.

They should have let you rock that FAL full auto, that's a treat

We could...adjust... the C1 to fire full auto by jamming the sear with tinfoil. Played hell with the barrel though. Each infantry section got an Fn-C2 to play with- the squad automatic. Heavier barrel, bipod, 30 round magazines.  Bitch to carry though. 

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, but does it have a black plastic stock and a big, scary muzzle brake? If so, it should be banned, 

Anything with a pretty walnut stock is okay...

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

We could...adjust... the C1 to fire full auto by jamming the sear with tinfoil. Played hell with the barrel though. Each infantry section got an Fn-C2 to play with- the squad automatic. Heavier barrel, bipod, 30 round magazines.  Bitch to carry though. 

Go for the Scar 17s in the next life. Light and accurate. Personally I think it’s the best all around rifle. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, but does it have a black plastic stock and a big, scary muzzle brake? If so, it should be banned, 

The wooden grips and stock were far better for us- the plastic parts got brittle in the cold.  Plus, wood is far better when going in to butt-stroke someone- no fear of the stock cracking on impact. 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

If we didn't have scary black guns nobody would have shot at trump. That's what Joe Biden says

On 7/16/2024 at 3:33 AM, Social Media said:

The aftermath of Trump's brush with death has injected unprecedented volatility into an already critical election cycle. What was once implicit in political rhetoric—violence—has now become explicit.

Given the number of security failures on July 13th in Butler, PA, I'm pretty sure that there will be ample future opportunities provided for those on the Left to celebrate the elimination of "Hitler."  As now has been proven, pretty much any wanna-be assassinate can just waltz past the cops, the police, and the secret service holding a gun and a range-finder and take the highest elevated roof at a venue featuring former President Trump, and begin popping off shots at the hated former president with abandon before being verbally, physically, or terminally challenged - in the latter case "terminally."  Just as little as a centimeter, and all of you who call Trump "a Fascist Dictator who must be stopped by any means" would have had the chance to pop the top off the champagne ya'll keep in the refrigerator for just such an occasion.  But think on the bright side Trump-haters, the folks who fell-down on the job July 13th will be "protecting" the former president in the future as "mistakes happen" and no one will be losing their job over this little screw-up. Keep that champagne cold.  If the US Secret Service and police protective authorities can mess-up this badly once, I'm sure they can screw-up just as badly for "as long as it takes."  Well maybe.  My guess is that when Trump and Vance take office in January 2025 - things are going to change - a lot.
; sarcasm_off

Freaking amazing.  I was 11 when JFK had his head blow off in 1963 and I remember it vividly.  And I almost experienced that horror once again, but for the grace of God and a whole lot of luck.  That's a pretty sad testament of the state of affairs in the world today - the fact that you can go to TikTok or X and see people bemoaning the fact that President Trump survived.  Pathetic.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, connda said:

Just as little as a centimeter, and all of you who call Trump "a Fascist Dictator who must be stopped by any means"

All of which are culpable.

14 minutes ago, connda said:

If the US Secret Service and police protective authorities can mess-up this badly once, I'm sure they can screw-up just as badly for "as long as it takes."  Well maybe.  My guess is that when Trump and Vance take office in January 2025 - things are going to change - a lot.

If they can make it that far. I don’t think the perps have any intention on holding back, because if Trump takes office he’s going to go after them with a vengeance and they know it.

13 hours ago, stoner said:

this is not bringing game to the conversation either. 

C'mon Stone...Dude gave me nothing to work with...other than a stupid and false retort. What else to bring other than derision🤣

I don't know how you guys are claiming it is an easy shot.  A police officer popped his head up over the roof edge and the shooter aimed his rifle at him. A few seconds later under high stress and without a scope repositioned and hit the president in the ear. Trumps head was also moving the whole time.  A phenomenal shot IMO considering the stress, urgency, and lack of a scope.   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Biden should never have been the candidate.

True, the DNC put him in to head off Bernie Sanders, LOL. We might call that a subversion of democracy, no?

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The Democrats need a younger and more energetic candidate to face the fraudster Donald Trump. 

But they're left with nothing but the genuine, verifiable fraudsters (Russia hoaxes, phony lawfare, phony impeachments, phony insurrection lies, censorship, attempted bankruptcy, manufactured lawfare, jailing of opposition) often coinciding with DEI bimbos--in what we may call a Venn diagram. Don't you just love them?

So they got little choice but to go with their most successful current crime family with the only chance of being elected. That chance has been receding rapidly with Biden's implosion, partly because of age, as voters seem to have come around to De Santis' memorable view the other night that “America cannot afford four more years of a Weekend at Bernie's presidency."

But more than Biden's implosion is simply that many voters realize that the old talking points used incessantly against Trump really were just political lies (duly repeated here, by the gullible), no longer believable--and Biden's failed policies are VERY costly.

Edited by BigStar

5 hours ago, Yagoda said:

He killed Jews for, among other reasons because that's what Europeans do. Especially the French and the Germans.

More ridiculous trolling from you....

41 minutes ago, connda said:

Dude - you and people like you and your hyperbole IS the problem.  There isn't going to be a dictatorship. You're yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater.  The results?  Some guy goes out and tries to put a bullet through Trump's head.  "He's a fascist dictator and needs to be stopped."  You all need to tone it down.  "Fascists."  "Dictatorship."  "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  Get real.  You don't even know what Fascism is.  Stop being part of the problem. Your rhetoric and the rhetoric of people's like you is a real "danger."

You're wrong and the shooter was a flippin republican. The side inciting violence is the maga fascist side.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Condemned by the Dem but in the case of Republicans, attacks are often make light or deny. Remember this after Paul Pelosi got his skull cracked, Trump re-tweeted a photographn of a hammer and a pair of underwear or Clay Higgins (R) posted that the assilant was a male prostitute. No condemnation. 

a gay rent boy attack is not equivalent to a political assassination attempt

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

So the “go to” default put down by the MAGA loons is that anyone who opposes them is a left wing agitator. McCarthyism is alive and well in the US. 

as opposed to the lefts default hitler comparison,

• Agree 1