Had really bad accident

Glad you are ok... 

Its most likely the helmet saved your life and full face maintained your dashing looks.

Any other kit ? jacket / riding pants ? or just flip-flops, shorts, t-shirt etc ?

Was anyone else involved in the accident ?

Is there any way you can get hold of CCTV of the footage ?

Could anyone file charges against you for the cause ?  

Could anyone else be at major fault (i.e. car just driving into you without looking etc) ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Hi my friends

Had a serious crash one and half week ago 

Don't remember what happened,woke up in Pattaya city hospital. (No cost, social security card)

Got a really bad concussion, had full face helmet. Is two weeks normal.

Used to work as a stuntman with horses, so I know how to roll.

Ordered a new helmet, old one would not trust anymore.

Any good advice.

I had something similar four months ago when the motorbike taxi driver flipped his motorbike with me on the back, going up a steep concrete drive. The result was a broken coccyx for me as well as severe concussion which affected my memory and balance quite markedly.

Fortunately a doctor at the Bangkok Phuket hospital managed to "rearrange the crystals" which are apparently at the base of the skull and are responsible for balance, and I got back to about 90% after that, but still have the occasional "spell".

It's now a few months on and I still get an occasional dizzy spell, and some days just feel so very tired. According to the doctors, rest is of paramount importance, for both my broken coccyx in the concussion. On the concussion, my memory has started to come back now, but not completely.

Good luck with your recovery/recuperation.

As said, get well again. Try to forget, though it will always be in your mind.

You never know when you meet an accident. It doesnt matter bike or car.

Only on a bike you are more vulnerable. 

There are tv programs here, showing accidents (dashcam recordings), you really cant believe.

The actions, situations really incredible to see it happening.

No matter how careful you are, the other one could put you in a nasty situation.

Personal experience in Thailand:

Driving on none lit road, Time just really getting dark, big road so doing 90-100 km/h.

Right lane, which goes up at certain point. In the glimmering, it looks like something is on that lane in front of me. My car light wasnt showing yet. It was in the back light of getting dark.

DIdnt trust it and and went on left lane, reduced some speed and that was a very good decision.

On that lane, a pick up truck, well used to be, a wreck they use for transport loads. Palm fruits.

No fenders anymore and of course NO lights. Totally in the dark. Good I really paid attention (normally already do, but Thailand need extra) and noticed the silhouet. I really had an angel watching over me that time.

After passing, I was really steaming off with a bunch of the most ugly words, I could spit out.

Those cars are common in the left south of Thailand, but probably everywhere in Thailand.  

My Thai wife told me, Thai people dont like bends in roads. They start on left lane and then cross to right lane. No signal light used and in sleeping way, they just do ! Also had that experience.

The car was already right beside me IN the bend, about 20 cm's. I even drive in Thailand with lights on, same as home, every time. Quick thinking I horned instead of pulling away. As if you do that, you could flip your car or whatever. Just jiffy time, you have to take the right action.  I was cool and did.

It also worked, as the other car pulled away, normal way. Yha , otherwise he would have pushed me aside, as he came in slowly, but would know then and then see further if so. Was prepared.

Was watching the car way before we went into the bend, but no then really IN the bend he was coming. 

Motor bike, just once in my lifetime, knock on wood.

Was waiting in line of traffic, relaxed and sit up. Then I heard the sound of rubber on wet asphalt and moment after that I got a bump from behind and was flying through the air.

Luckily not a big hit and I felt in a good way, no physical problems, then some hurt.

Accidents they happen, take care ! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I got bad concussion from a bike accident back in the early 1970's, still cannot remember what happened to this day.

Could you describe the circumstances of the accident? What bike do you ride? What speed were you doing? What happened? Who was at fault? Is there anything you could have done to avoid it?

I'm sorry this happened and wish you a speedy recovery. However as I see it, the purpose of these "accident" threads is partly to raise awareness on the dangers of riding in Thailand, and help other riders anticipate them.

Regarding the advice you're seeking, you mean in terms of recovery? My dad had a bad accident a few years ago and an osteopath helped him a lot.

Edited by rattlesnake
Typo.
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes .......   sell the bike 

i came off for the 1st time, bike sold next day, car only from now on, 

3 things to avoid in Thailand, Bikes, minibuses and sitting in the back of a pickup

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Hi my friends

Don't remember what happened,woke up in Pattaya city hospital. (No cost, social security card)

Any good advice.

I think maybe another week in the hospital might be advisable. I think I know what you mean. I think.😉

Any good advice.

Probably the wrong forum for good advice, most AN comments will be negative. 

Good to hear you were wearing a helmet, not to many foreigners wearing them in Pattaya. 

See you riding again soon 👍

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi my friends

Any good advice.

Well, obviously you should try a car. No helmet necessary, normally.