Why Do You Even Drink?

Why do people even drink alcohol? I can’t work it out. They spend a lot of money on wine and the like. Then they spend hours drinking the stuff trying to get snockered. And once they’re properly drunk then they are possibly going to get in a serious car accident, a fight, fall down, throw up and end up lying in a pile of their own vomit, or just wake up with a terrible hangover that lasts 24-48 hours. Not to mention the long term damage it can cause to cognitive brain function, liver, heart, etc. 

Meanwhile, alcohol consumption keeps falling every year within the younger people demographic and cannabis use continues to increase. So why don’t more older people just use cannabis edibles? Works much better than alcohol. Doesn’t cost much. Gets you zooted for hours and none of the downsides of alcohol. 

Edited by SoCal1990
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

Mostly because I have found over the years that drinking amongst drunk women increases the chances of their pants coming off and having casual unprotected sex with me about 10-20 fold. 

Ectasy, cocaine, amphetamines also help.

Weed a bit also, but sometimes can have the opposite effect. It is sketchy.

2 hours ago, SoCal1990 said:

They spend a lot of money on wine and the like.

Most people buy the cheapest alcoholic drink they can tolerate.

Fine wine is a waste of money after the first glass or two.

1 wine cooler costs 28bht (3 bottles to get the effect)

0.5g of cannabis costs 10bht (that's enough)

So clearly cannabis is a better option at 12% of the alcohol cost.

58 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Maybe you can't work it out because you have a very narrow-minded view of alcohol consumption. 

Check it out, alcohol is classified as a POISON for the human body.  Alcohol and alcoholic beverages contain ethanol which is TOXIC!  The World Health Org. says that no level of alcohol is safe for one's health!  Just saying...I had my days of drinking a beer or two but gave that up decades ago.  I hardly ever got high even as I just could not stand a hangover and I worked out every day as I still do and it seem counter intutitive to why I exercised.  Just saying and agree it may also waste one's money but to each his own I guess as many are probably laughing at why I exercise so often.  Best of luck and health to all.