Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Next oil change would it matter if I filled it with non synthetic oil?

Some folks say yes & some no about switching back & forth

As far as I know there is no harm in going back but..

There is really no point as the breaking in is surely done now.

But you know, don't get worried about all this as it is just preferences &

the differences are surely not that big a deal to pleasure riders like us.

It is just different lines of thought that folks have about the whole break in process.

But really don't lose sleep over it now. Stick with what you have & forget it.

Enjoy the bike

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well said couldn't agree more... Drive because you like it, worry less about the oil :), it's all good. If it's of any consideration, Honda filled mine with 100% synthetic to at the 1000klm service. Runs fine...

• Like 1

Went into Big Wing (Pattaya) yesterday.

Waiting time for a (red) CBR 500 F (the naked one) is probably 0 days, maybe a week. Typical vague answer.

They do an insurance deal for 9,500 Baht for one year but didn't ask the details.

They will part-ex a CBR 150 Ri but didn't ask the details.

Does anyone have latest waiting times for the F or perhaps the X (might change my mind)?

Has anyone bought this insurance deal from Honda?

Pretty sure I will go ahead with this later in the year. The government with its tax increases changed my mind for me on the er6n.

Anyone know how much more windier it is on the F than the R since there is no windshield?

I haven't ridden the F model but I had I Street Fighter before and I can tell you this when you don't have a windshield its like a storm trying to rip you off from your bike. However if you're cruising in Bangkok traffic and you try to keep the speed below 120 I think you should be fine I'm talking speeds about 130+ there will be alot of struggling with the wind pressure. Even with thr cbr I feel its hard above 120 130 kmph. You have to bend down and put your body like in a moto gp race lol.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Waiting time for a (red) CBR 500 F (the naked one) is probably 0 days, maybe a week. Typical vague answer.

They do an insurance deal for 9,500 Baht for one year but didn't ask the details.

Does anyone have latest waiting times for the F or perhaps the X (might change my mind)?

Pretty sure I will go ahead with this later in the year. The government with its tax increases changed my mind for me on the er6n.

About the insurance I can say that insurance is good if you need it but if you don't it's just a waste of money

About the insurance I can say that insurance is good if you need it but if you don't it's just a waste of money

Thanks , xa.

There's no way I would go without theft insurance at the very least.

My experience in Thailand is that just theft insurance is hard or impossible to find so I'll get the insurance package that includes it.

hey guys! does anyone knows the difference of rev it's g-liner vs z-liner? its a water proof inner line wear for their jackets but i cant understand the difference with their products. im not a english native speaker so maybe thats why.

here is a link to their page explaining all their products materials http://www.motorcyclegear.com/info_pages/revit_materials_information.html

thx alot for any help. much appreciate.

Anyone know how much more windier it is on the F than the R since there is no windshield?

Anything over about 110 and you can definitely feel the difference, windshield is great on the R, you can cruise along at around 120-130 and not feel so bad, on the F it's very windy.

Edited by commande
  • Like 2

maybe i should have said that im looking for a riding gear 2 piece textile with good air and also rain conditions but as good safety as possible. i have been looking into panda riders riding gear and rev it seems to have some deacent options. its raining often in thailand so the gear must be good for raining conditions.

what do you guys think tell me what you are using! share the love in here! lool

hey guys! does anyone knows the difference of rev it's g-liner vs z-liner? its a water proof inner line wear for their jackets but i cant understand the difference with their products. im not a english native speaker so maybe thats why.

here is a link to their page explaining all their products materials http://www.motorcyclegear.com/info_pages/revit_materials_information.html

According to your link (which I think you meant to post on another thread;)) the G-liner is actually a chemical application applied to the lining of the jacket while the Z-liner is a separate layer of protection that goes between the lining and the shell of the jacket- I would guess the difference between a 'basic' level of weather protection vs. a 'high-level' of protection has to do with how long it will take before the rain breaches the jacket and reaches your inner clothing- for an hour or less in the rain, the G-liner would probably be fine- for all day, I would go for the Z-liner (which of course will be more expensive, and probably less breathable).

• Like 1

According to your link (which I think you meant to post on another thread;)) the G-liner is actually a chemical application applied to the lining of the jacket while the Z-liner is a separate layer of protection that goes between the lining and the shell of the jacket- I would guess the difference between a 'basic' level of weather protection vs. a 'high-level' of protection has to do with how long it will take before the rain breaches the jacket and reaches your inner clothing- for an hour or less in the rain, the G-liner would probably be fine- for all day, I would go for the Z-liner (which of course will be more expensive, and probably less breathable).

if i understand you correctly now the g liner is like a spray of water proof chemical rather than textile itself and the z liner is actually real textile that is water proof? if the g liner as as u say a chemical application applied to the lining of the jacket then it should have a reduce life time of effectiveness right? this sounds to much sience to me know lol. lets say in easy words of understanding unthink the z liner is more quality gear for rain purpose and the g liner should be less effective and take less amount of water before it gets wet.

could you pls have a look at these two models and tell me what you think? its g vs z here and price is about the same.

post-63766-13711145001305_thumb.jpg tornado this is g

post-63766-137111452416_thumb.jpg tarmac h20 this is z

or maybe i should get a full one piece leather race track suit with those ventilation holes at legs and elbow and also at the speed hump. it will get wet in rain but a separate full rain suit can cover that. im sure when we talk sbout safety this is as safe as we can get with riding gear or maybe kevlar is even more strong compared to leather? i read kevlar was 5 times stronger than steel, but that was on a website selling kevlar suits and ofcourse they do wanna tell that their stuff is great and might only be some real bed time stories.

The way it reads is that both the G-liner and Z-liner are some sort of chemical barrier, but the Z-liner is applied to a separate film or piece of fabric that it adheres to and is then placed between the liner and the main shell of the jacket, where the G-liner is applied to only the standard jacket liner.

Of the two jackets above, in Thailand I would definitely go for the Tornado as it's made specifically for hot weather, while the Tarmac is geared more toward keeping you warm (and the Z-liner most likely blocks air-flow).

• Like 1

The way it reads is that both the G-liner and Z-liner are some sort of chemical barrier, but the Z-liner is applied to a separate film or piece of fabric that it adheres to and is then placed between the liner and the main shell of the jacket, where the G-liner is applied to only the standard jacket liner.

Of the two jackets above, in Thailand I would definitely go for the Tornado as it's made specifically for hot weather, while the Tarmac is geared more toward keeping you warm (and the Z-liner most likely blocks air-flow).

Thx alot for explaining that! I appreciate it. What do you think about a full race suits made of leather that is for track use if I'm to use it mostly of the track really being nice or will it just be a pain in the ass?

Thx alot for explaining that! I appreciate it. What do you think about a full race suits made of leather that is for track use if I'm to use it mostly of the track really being nice or will it just be a pain in the ass?

There's a track-suit thread posted by loserlazer that has some good info- I have an Alpinestars Orbiter suit which will work on the track but is also very street oriented (lots of venting)- if I were going to be riding more on the track I would have bought a different suit (possibly the Atem) as it can take more abuse and keep going (my suit has similar protection, but a couple low sides and it would be done, where the Atem will survive many)- it's about how comfortable you want to be- on the track you'll wear the suit for maybe an hour between sessions and a hot suit is bearable for that short stint, but I wanted a suit I can wear for 3-4 hours on the street (though in Thailand the weather would really have to cooperate;)).

Here's the thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/626628-motorcycle-track-suits/?hl=+orbiter

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

i bought dianese two piece leather track suit but it is impossible wear it on streets. just too hot.

for the street just buy a full mesh one. yes i know, one accident and it will dissolve but we do not make an accident everyday anyway.

i bought dianese two piece leather track suit but it is impossible wear it on streets. just too hot. 

for the street just buy a full mesh one. yes i know, one accident and it will dissolve but we do not make an accident everyday anyway.

Can you post a photo of the gear you bought perhaps mention price and where you bought it.

did u mean a 2 piece mesh suit? I haven't seen any full textile suits!

did u mean a 2 piece mesh suit? I haven't seen any full textile suits!

There is one at CHiang Rai saddle bags when I visited unfortunately they dont have that many sizes. Iam planning to pick up jacket next month and pants a month after that.

Edited by sup3r1or

New rear red blinkers from my cbr250.

Also triple clamp nut from from cbr250 fits cbr500.

I like the design of those signals. I checked around a lot for cbr500 but this one is still my best.

And yes still no plate. But i am not complaining:lol:

post-114750-13715589907561_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13715590179155_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13715590417764_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13715590801138_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

after all, i am also thinking of buying k speed 5000 thb pipe - but not the cnc one as it looks like a knock off two bros and do not like the design.

tired of waiting something and there is a possibility of Honda releasing a cbr650r in Thailand next year so do not want to make lots of expense as if they release it, i might trade my bike.

Man I can't wait to get back to the USA. No more waiting and wanting a different bike or importing grey market. It's so funny, in Thailand we get so excited about little things because we can't get anything else without getting screwed in price/tax. I am really looking hard at the Kawa ZX6r ABS (360,000 baht brand new in the crate in the states). Already purchased my car smile.png, just have to pick it up at the dealer same day I get off the plane - new 2013 Ford Focus ST in Black with Black leather Recaro Seats, paid less for that turbo car new in the states than the base model they sell and manufacture here in Thailand that a lot of people think is amazing LOL... Lets see top of the line Turbo Focus 870,000 Baht all in, over a million baht for a baseline top model Focus here in the Land of Smiles smile.png....

Taxation is ridiculous here, I do understand completely why people try and avoid it if possible...

Come on 7th of July....

Ah wait, I get dealer discount of 1200 USD on the car so even less LOL... Wonder what discount I can get on the bike, wheel and deal in the USA, no stupid static pricing model and waiting multiple months to get your ride like in Thailand.

Edited by commande
  • Like 1

Man I can't wait to get back to the USA. No more waiting and wanting a different bike or importing grey market. It's so funny, in Thailand we get so excited about little things because we can't get anything else without getting screwed in price/tax. I am really looking hard at the Kawa ZX6r ABS (360,000 baht brand new in the crate in the states). Already purchased my car smile.png, just have to pick it up at the dealer same day I get off the plane - new 2013 Ford Focus ST in Black with Black leather Recaro Seats, paid less for that turbo car new in the states than the base model they sell and manufacture here in Thailand that a lot of people think is amazing LOL... Lets see top of the line Turbo Focus 870,000 Baht all in, over a million baht for a baseline top model Focus here in the Land of Smiles smile.png....

Taxation is ridiculous here, I do understand completely why people try and avoid it if possible...

Come on 7th of July....

Ah wait, I get dealer discount of 1200 USD on the car so even less LOL... Wonder what discount I can get on the bike, wheel and deal in the USA, no stupid static pricing model and waiting multiple months to get your ride like in Thailand.

Some good points, you'll be able to ride it on the highway as well. Very annoying sitting in Bangkok traffic on a big bike when there's a highway directly above you that you're not allowed on because of the "car for rich people, bike for poor people" mentality that still exists here. Kind of ironic when you consider the prices of big bikes in LOS.

Having said that, there's nothing quite like the roads in northern Thailand with virtually no enforced speed limits and beautiful twisty roads and amazing scenery. Decent hotels for 500 baht and ice cold beers for 50 baht when you stop at the end of a days ride.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Enjoy your new ride. If I left Thailand I think the new ZX6 would be near the top of my list as well.

• Like 2

Come on 7th of July....

Some good points, you'll be able to ride it on the highway as well. Very annoying sitting in Bangkok traffic on a big bike when there's a highway directly above you that you're not allowed on because of the "car for rich people, bike for poor people" mentality that still exists here. Kind of ironic when you consider the prices of big bikes in LOS.

Having said that, there's nothing quite like the roads in northern Thailand with virtually no enforced speed limits and beautiful twisty roads and amazing scenery. Decent hotels for 500 baht and ice cold beers for 50 baht when you stop at the end of a days ride.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Enjoy your new ride. If I left Thailand I think the new ZX6 would be near the top of my list as well.

The reason you are not allowed on the elevated highways on your bike is because of the strong winds.

• Like 1