Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

okay, fair enough. the bike is still new so you don't see too many yet. But you know that in a year or two these bikes will be as common as the kawa 650's are now.

Mind You, there is nothing wrong with a bike that is (or will be) common. Its just to illustrate that some people might want to buy a Benelli even when the new honda might be a more "sensible" choice.

REad it back I said that the Honda would not replace the CBR600RR, and later I said that after Honda had introduced the 2014 CB600F it would be unlikely that it would replace that model also... While we can expect that the Honda CB650F to replace the CB600F in some markets we know for sure that the CBR650F is not replacing the CBR600RR...

You flat out said that Honda would not release a 650 inline 4.

Thaivisa forum is a discussion board and I just expressed my opinion, at the moment it was logical that Honda would not introduce a motorcycle that would replace the CBR600R, CBR600RR, CB600F or the CBR600F as Honda had just introduced the 2014 models of the CBR600F.

For what we now know about the Honda CBR650F or CB650F it would, on paper, not make many CBR600F owners wanting to upgrade to the CBR650F. The CBR650F has less horsepower and a few other things are not of the CBR600F standard.

For instance the CBR650F provides a maximum power output of 64kW, and according to Honda the 2014 CBR600F delivers 75kW, this while torque numbers are similar 63Nm for the CBR650F vs 64Nm for the CBR600F.

Also the chassis of the Honda CBR650F is less impressive compared to the 2014 Honda CBR600F, the CBR650F comes with a standard steel diamond shaped frame, while the 2014 Honda CBR600F comes with a mono-backbone; rectangular-section gravity die-cast aluminum frame.

Also the suspension of the 2014 CBR650F is less impressive on paper, 41mm conventional telescopic fork, 120mm stroke, while the 2014 CBR600F has a 41mm tension and preload adjustable inverted HMAS cartridge-type telescopic fork also with 120mm travel.

Also the seat height of the CBR650F was increased to 810mm for the riding comfort of European riders The 2014 Honda CBR600F comes with a seat height of 800mm.

Source: http://www.hondamc.eu/bikes/cbr600f/

The argument that I disagreed that Honda would introduce a CBR650R was based on the information that the new 650cc motorcycle would replace the CBR600RR, CBR600R, CBR600F or the CB600F. For now the Honda CBR600RR, CBR600R, CBR600F and CB600F are still in the European line-up for 2014. And according to what you can read on the internet about the EICMA show Honda will position the new 650cc between the 500cc series and the 600cc series in the European market.

For the price in Thailand of the new Honda 650cc motorcycles, I'm sure that Honda will use a bit more official way to introduce the price, and not use two pictures of the EICMA press kit and join them together in a single frame and write the price above it and post it on Facebook.... Is the price incorrect, I have no idea... If the price is correct I'm sure that Kawasaki will have some problems maintaining market share. For Benelli the Thai market is small and worldwide they have much less import duty and therefore are probably capable to still sell the BN600... for Thailand, if the price is correct, the Thai Benelli distributor and Benelli HQ have to find a way to make the bikes go down in price.

no worries Richard.

As i told you before, i like it anyway when you are wrong! as everytime we get good bikes after thatlaugh.png

it is bad for us now if you were right!

and sometime we all are wrong in this world. We are all human after all.

Although at times, you provide misleading information still you contribute here and provide us real insider opinions sometime.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

For the price in Thailand of the new Honda 650cc motorcycles, I'm sure that Honda will use a bit more official way to introduce the price, and not use two pictures of the EICMA press kit and join them together in a single frame and write the price above it and post it on Facebook....

post-113252-0-81114200-1385609036_thumb.

• Like 1

For the price in Thailand of the new Honda 650cc motorcycles, I'm sure that Honda will use a bit more official way to introduce the price, and not use two pictures of the EICMA press kit and join them together in a single frame and write the price above it and post it on Facebook....

attachicon.gif1.jpg

That seems like something we can trust.... Nice price

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Yes but it does also say Special Price for Motor Expo.

So it may go up after the show?

Edited by meechai

All these cry babies that focus so much on You Richard should really be focussing on the Benelli. Suddenly they all come out of the woodwork to gloat after the new Honda has been released.Like some puppetmaster controls them.

But none of them even bothered to give a reaction to the Cycle News review....

Guys, we all know You don't give a shit about the Benelli and You will never change Your mind about it. So if this bike does not interest you please just stay on your beloved honda and kawa pages.

Let's compare two boardmembers who have a financial stake in the motorcycle industry; Richard and Brian (from Sumet Cycles). I dare anybody to go through and find any derogatory information on a non-Honda bike. Not even going into 'incorrect' (which is stated after the posting when called on it as opinion...even though there is no indication in the original post that is anything but the factual information) statements that are flung by Richard.

Will I give him props for promoting what is quite obviously beneficial to his business and providing information for prospective buyers; yes. However, when there is an expressed 'opinion' that contradicts facts and is obviously intended to sabotage competing companies than is it not just as much a right of another boardmember to point out facts?

And for what it's worth, before the 500's were released I was seriously mulling this bike. Have followed this thread with interest and was awaiting ride reports. All manufacturers have issues upon releasing bikes (the cam end caps on the CB500) and I think it's a good idea to let others be a guinea pig for the bike's QA time on the road.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Yes but it does also say Special Price for Motor Expo.

So it may go up after the show?

they said teh same for cbr500r last year at motor expo and there were no increase later on - apart from government big bike tax increase.

they say it bc you can get a bike with 10 % upfront money!

• Like 1

All these cry babies that focus so much on You Richard should really be focussing on the Benelli. Suddenly they all come out of the woodwork to gloat after the new Honda has been released.Like some puppetmaster controls them.

Guys, we all know You don't give a shit about the Benelli and You will never change Your mind about it. So if this bike does not interest you please just stay on your beloved honda and kawa pages.

Let's compare two boardmembers who have a financial stake in the motorcycle industry; Richard and Brian (from Sumet Cycles). I dare anybody to go through and find any derogatory information on a non-Honda bike. Not even going into 'incorrect' (which is stated after the posting when called on it as opinion...even though there is no indication in the original post that is anything but the factual information) statements that are flung by Richard.

Will I give him props for promoting what is quite obviously beneficial to his business and providing information for prospective buyers; yes. However, when there is an expressed 'opinion' that contradicts facts and is obviously intended to sabotage competing companies than is it not just as much a right of another boardmember to point out facts?

And for what it's worth, before the 500's were released I was seriously mulling this bike. Have followed this thread with interest and was awaiting ride reports. All manufacturers have issues upon releasing bikes (the cam end caps on the CB500) and I think it's a good idea to let others be a guinea pig for the bike's QA time on the road.

So Dave, you should actually thank me that you not bought a Benelli BN600 because now you can buy a Honda CB650F or do you fancy the bit sportier looking CBR650F?

It's an absurd idea that I have something against Honda, one of my most trusted and best companion is a Honda bike. Also Honda is the biggest sponsor of a organization I'm member of, and a few of my best business friends work at Honda. Additional I I think that I do more for Honda motorcycle owners on a daily base than for any other brand name. Probably just because more people own a Honda...

If I needed to selected a Honda motorcycle I not or didn't liked, it was the Honda TA200 Phantom, yes I know lots of people are very happy with it and it did what was advertised ~ still the weight of the motorcycle vs performance was mind boggling for me... In the same respect I also not particular like the Keeway Superlight 200 which has basically the same specifications as the Honda TA200 Phantom.

For long time on this forum talked about me having commercial interest in a particular company, with a simple search you can find that I have been accused of working for Tiger Motorcycle, Kawasaki, Suzuki and I think even Yamaha but most talk is probably that I work for a Chinese company I think. But it seems that people cannot decide if it's Lifan or Keeway/Benelli.

One of my companies I partly own worked in the past for Sachs Bike, I never hide this, and as far as I can recall the information I provided on this forum was accurate, Tiger Motorcycles did loose the distribution rights for Sachs Bikes... and was forced to stop the sales of Sachs Bike copies.

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

Thank you for me not buying? Is that continental ironic humour?

So Dave, you should actually thank me that you not bought a Benelli BN600 because now you can buy a Honda CB650F or do you fancy the bit sportier looking CBR650F?

As I had stated, I was waiting for others to get back with actual reports on the bike as sold in Thailand. For over a year, since you first announced it, I haven't seen one. Then the CB500X was released. A lower end mid-sized bike, the value and step up in power, while remaining within my riding upgrade plan means it was essentially a forgone conclusion that I was going to purchase it. Know that I've been spoiled by its plushness I don't know that going with a sporty bike or a naked one is in the cards.

It's an absurd idea that I have something against Honda, one of my most trusted and best companion is a Honda bike. Also Honda is the biggest sponsor of a organization I'm member of, and a few of my best business friends work at Honda. Additional I I think that I do more for Honda motorcycle owners on a daily base than for any other brand name. Probably just because more people own a Honda...

If I needed to selected a Honda motorcycle I not or didn't liked, it was the Honda TA200 Phantom, yes I know lots of people are very happy with it and it did what was advertised ~ still the weight of the motorcycle vs performance was mind boggling for me... In the same respect I also not particular like the Keeway Superlight 200 which has basically the same specifications as the Honda TA200 Phantom.

For long time on this forum talked about me having commercial interest in a particular company, with a simple search you can find that I have been accused of working for Tiger Motorcycle, Kawasaki, Suzuki and I think even Yamaha but most talk is probably that I work for a Chinese company I think. But it seems that people cannot decide if it's Lifan or Keeway/Benelli.

One of my companies I partly own worked in the past for Sachs Bike, I never hide this, and as far as I can recall the information I provided on this forum was accurate, Tiger Motorcycles did loose the distribution rights for Sachs Bikes... and was forced to stop the sales of Sachs Bike copies.

Doth protest too much, methinks. If it was only I who thought they observed this, than there was a possibility that it was simply a conflict of persona or I am just wrong; however considering that other boardmembers have expressed similar thoughts perhaps there's a least a nugget of truth there?

Many people on other forums in Thailand and UK have reported serious problems with new CB500 F and model variants regarding , excessive oil loss at high speed due to engine breather problems , seems a design fault some ownners have almost run the sump dry of oil on long hard fast runs , also the valve service high cost required at 1st service has annoyed many people , spares availablity for the 500s at Thai honda dealers has also been a issue ..

usually Honda are exemplary but sometime they get it wrong , remember the early VFR chocolate cams.

Many people on other forums in Thailand and UK have reported serious problems with new CB500 F and model variants regarding , excessive oil loss at high speed due to engine breather problems , seems a design fault some ownners have almost run the sump dry of oil on long hard fast runs , also the valve service high cost required at 1st service has annoyed many people , spares availablity for the 500s at Thai honda dealers has also been a issue ..

usually Honda are exemplary but sometime they get it wrong , remember the early VFR chocolate cams.

Those issues caused me pause; but I waited until after there was talk of the issues being corrected. 4 weeks riding and over 5000 km later and I haven't seen any issues.

For a bike from a country with such inexpensive costs that first service is quite a hefty charge; looking over the life of the bike though the total service charges quickly fall into line with a twist-and-go...

Have You heard about any problems with the Benelli 600 or do You know anyone that owns one. I would like to hear from some owners about this bike but in Thailand is seems only Thai buy them and they don't seem to be active on this forum.

Edited by pokerkid

I am sorry which people?

i use a cbr500r now at 16500 km and have lots of friends owning one and zero problems so far. I am riding this bike like hell and no oil loss too and no one has apart from some unlucky people 1 in 10,000.

also the cbr500 forum which i am a moderator, we had really very less problems as well.

Besides, teh service costs of 500 series hondas for 100,000 km is around 22,401 thb so if you make 20,000 km per year it is 4400 thb per year for 5 years. Please find/show me a better service deal than this amount in Thailand for a big bike!

• Like 1

A handful of people have reported a number of different problems but never seen any reports about the engine having breather problems.

Met with the owner of benelli today.

He wanted to sell me one a lot.

They have a new red model 600 looking ok.

Benelli 302 i think heavier than 600 cc model somehow!

Owner of benelli is really a nice guy by the way. They have discount on cash and 0% interest for 36 months campaign.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Owner of benelli is really a nice guy by the way. They have discount on cash and 0% interest for 36 months campaign.

Did he offer You a testride ? You should try one,that could be a real eye opener for you... or confirm your expectations. Either way, it would be a good thing.

Did he offer You a testride ? You should try one,that could be a real eye opener for you... or confirm your expectations. Either way, it would be a good thing.

Yes he offered a test ride to me anytime on any benelli and keeway bike.

And i will do you guys a favour and post my impressions here as it looks like less people will buy one after honda's release of 650 series.

• Like 1

Have You heard about any problems with the Benelli 600 or do You know anyone that owns one. I would like to hear from some owners about this bike but in Thailand is seems only Thai buy them and they don't seem to be active on this forum.

Ha ha ha...this is called irony.

499, is a nice price . I must say the upside down forks and triple clamps of the Benelli 600 look a whole lot better than the conventional forks of the new honda 650's.

But they are coming from an unknown source.

An upside down fork does not mean it is better. It is all about quality of the product. There might be a shitty spring inside for example.

499, is a nice price . I must say the upside down forks and triple clamps of the Benelli 600 look a whole lot better than the conventional forks of the new honda 650's.

An upside down fork does not mean it is better. It is all about quality of the product. There might be a shitty spring inside for example.

True but then again I have not read any reports or roadtests complaining about the forks on the 600.

• Like 1

True but then again I have not read any reports or roadtests complaining about the forks on the 600.

Which reports and roadtests?:huh:

Which reports and roadtests?:huh:

There's plenty of reviews on youtube, alot to read on the Benelli forums and rider reports if you care to google. I'm interested in one myself and can't say I have found anything negative to say on the suspension or handling.

Head tells me to buy a cbr650 though but hopefully I'll be at the motorshow later this week, riots permitting, and give them both a good going over.

• Like 1