Good tv series

beechbum

I've got hooked to a reality show, "Full throttle saloon", it's one of the big bars that only operate during bike week at Sturgis.

There happens to be someone here in Phuket that also operates on of those really big Sturgis bars.

Back on topic, Shameless is a good adult show if you like drugs, sex, and general mayhem.

Just about to try the first two episodes of the BBC 6 parter 'War and Peace'. My favourite programme of this type up to now was Sharpe's Rifles though I could never get to grasp that they never seemed to get to fight a French unit bigger than about 20 men, even in pitched battles, when infantry battalions in those days were between 500-1,000 strong rolleyes.gif

Edited by Pick of Penang

Just about to try the first two episodes of the BBC 6 parter 'War and Peace'. My favourite programme of this type up to now was Sharpe's Rifles though I could never get to grasp that they never seemed to get to fight a French unit bigger than about 20 men, even in pitched battles, when infantry battalions in those days were between 500-1,000 strong rolleyes.gif

Yeah, not much reality in Sharpe's Rifles. I mean everyone knows that there were no electric guitars in the Napoleonic wars. The least they could have done was use classical music, eh?

You should watch it.

Very gentle humour that will make you smile rather than laugh.

Closest other comedy that I can compare it to, is Last of the Summer Wine.

Watched 2 episodes - infinitely better than last of the summer wine...but understand the reference, can see that and Darling Buds but with more updated humour and more of a psychological dig into people without going madcap and zany. Parked for now but on the like side of the column and will probably download more and revisit

Really enjoying Fortitude. Buddy of mine just recommended 'Man in the High Castle': A glimpse into an alternate history of America. What life after WWII may have been like if the Nazi's had won the war.

Haven't seen it, but, the movie Fatherland with Rutger Hauer did it so well, that I have a feeling that the TV show could be a disappointment (if you've seen Fatherland).

Really enjoying Fortitude. Buddy of mine just recommended 'Man in the High Castle': A glimpse into an alternate history of America. What life after WWII may have been like if the Nazi's had won the war.

Haven't seen it, but, the movie Fatherland with Rutger Hauer did it so well, that I have a feeling that the TV show could be a disappointment (if you've seen Fatherland).

Yes I saw it. But I'd rather try a show that MIGHT be good than miss out on one because MAYBE 'x' movie may have done it better.

Man in the High Castle turns out to be excellent. Very well done, good plots and good acting. Impressed :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Pilot episode was a little slow at the start but storyline is interesting (have seen Fatherland many years ago) & positive comments here meant I stuck with it & glad I did as its warming up nicely now [emoji106]

• Like 1

Enjoying Mad Dogs - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2805574/

A group of guys travel to Belize to see an old friend, when things take an unexpectedly dark turn.

Didn't know this was out. I loved the British version where the lads get into trouble in Spain and other countries. The new series is based on the UK series as I saw the pilot for the US version and it's goes right along with the first British episode.

Enjoying Mad Dogs - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2805574/

A group of guys travel to Belize to see an old friend, when things take an unexpectedly dark turn.

Didn't know this was out. I loved the British version where the lads get into trouble in Spain and other countries. The new series is based on the UK series as I saw the pilot for the US version and it's goes right along with the first British episode.

So is it just a kind of exact copy of the UK series? Not sure I'd be that keen on watching exactly the same programme again but Americanised. OK if it's done in a different way.

I see the X-Files has been rebooted for a new season, Ep01 out now. Seen some good reviews of it.

Only two episodes, I think huh.png. Saw the first one last night on Fox - pretty good, but poor <old> Scully is showing her age sad.png.

Next episode tonight at 8pm.

Edit:

Just checked - 6 part series, my bad! Woo-hoo w00t.gif!

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

I see the X-Files has been rebooted for a new season, Ep01 out now. Seen some good reviews of it.

Only two episodes, I think huh.png. Saw the first one last night on Fox - pretty good, but poor <old> Scully is showing her age sad.png.

Next episode tonight at 8pm.

Edit:

Just checked - 6 part series, my bad! Woo-hoo w00t.gif!

Yah. Scully sure was one of the bonuses in the original ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a promising first two episodes The X Files took a serious nosedive with ep 3. Jeez, more like Mr Bean meets Swamp Thing. Seriously rubbish with a very slapstick theme to it and what looked like a production budget of $42 (depending what the daily hire rate was for the abysmal rubber suit!!!).

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1

just watched the first season of American Crime, slow but well done, worth a watch if nothing else going on.

Madoff was pretty good, nothing like as good as the big short, but interesting if you like to see how the rich are doing us all in the behind.