Good tv series

beechbum

11 hours ago, Haso said:

Ray Donovan... 5 series

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I got tired of it- the fake Bawstan accents, constant flashbacks, a Jew playing an Irish-American and a Hispanic playing a Jew- where do I stop! First series was OK but it got tired very quickly.

I got tired of it- the fake Bawstan accents, constant flashbacks, a Jew playing an Irish-American and a Hispanic playing a Jew- where do I stop! First series was OK but it got tired very quickly.
Odd fixation on Jewish casting. Jews often play non Jews and vice versa.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A new series has started called wanderlust has just stsrted ,you can download from the usual places its story about sex mainly with women of a certain age, to be honest i got bored half way through the 1st episode but the acting and the actors are good so you may want to give it a try its very raunchy

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/24/2018 at 8:42 AM, phuketrichard said:

Mr Mercedes season 2

if u did not see season 1, the first 10 minutes was a shocker

Season 2 is seriously weird. I don't remember season 1 being such Twin Peaks style.

Now I'm watching it mostly because of the Holly character. She is just the best.

45 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Season 2 is seriously weird. I don't remember season 1 being such Twin Peaks style.

Now I'm watching it mostly because of the Holly character. She is just the best.

Mr. Mercedes.

Watchedfirst pilot. Looks ok. Started of shocking went on slow for a bit but left wanting to watch a little more. Recommend.

Edited by stud858

On 9/4/2018 at 7:36 PM, Jingthing said:

Odd fixation on Jewish casting. Jews often play non Jews and vice versa.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How is a single comment a fixation? Oy vey- sorry to upset you my boy.

Is this better- I DID NOT LIKE RAY DONOVAN .

Edited by Psimbo

Yes i fancy holly as well,strsnge,because in the series she is quite plain,unlike in real life

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

31 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Apparently terrarium is shutting it's doors. Was my favourite. Now I'll have to find a new favourite to stream all these good series.

Any ideas?

Yep loved Terrarium but went to use it today & it's not working at all, has a pop-up message (that I can't close) saying it will definately be switched off by the end of the month 

I gave up on Kodi 6+ months ago so in addition to Terrarium I've been using Morpheus TV/Megabox & have just installed TVTAP Firestick (was UkTVNowFirestick) so will see how that pans out.

When I get back to Bangkok on Thursday there should be a new box waiting for me from the guy who's provided my last 1, so should have the latest & greatest apps then - 5,000 THB for the high end box, 3,000 for the lower model.

I have no affiliation with the guy except being a happy customer of his as witnessed by the fact that I'm buying a 2nd box from him, happy to PM details as I don't think it's within the forum rules to promote on a thread.

NB - The only reason I'm buying a 2nd box is I'm splitting my time between Singapore & Bangkok so don't want the hassle of having to cart the box between the 2 - The 1st box is still going strong after 3 years & the guy has said he'll rebuild it for me if I want it updating, but to be honest there's nothing that I've wanted to watch that I've not manage to find (watched the latest Mission Impossible movie in 1080 earlier).

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

Am hooked on a series called Money Heist. 

It's in Spanish with English subtitles so if you don't like subtitles & don't speak Spanish it's not for you, but I'm loving it...

Yes it’s a great series.

The 1st season is available in English audio version also, don’t remember where I downloaded it as it was a while ago .
Season 2 I have with subtitles only but am hanging off a little from watching it in case a season 2 English audio version is released.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, oilinki said:

Secret diary of a call girl is excellent. Season 4 released. 

I read the books years ago and watched the first series (always had a hard,sorry mean soft spot for Billy Piper, but found it started to get a bit boreing ,after a while . She needed to get her clothes off more like in the first series . ?

Just finished Ozark- plenty  of plot material for another season. Moved on to the 3rd (and last) season of Shooter- seems a bit better than S2.

No Offence the black comedy about Manchester cops has just started as well. The bit in a previous series when she mixed up the Fanny Fresh and breath spray was a coffee spitter.

Edited by Psimbo

"The First"   (Warning - some may consider the following as a spoiler)

Hulu. A joint British -American  production set in the 2030's about a manned mission to mars. Well written, great photography. Eight episodes released, I've watched about 5 so far. Far more realistic plots/writing than the convoluted "Salvation."

Rather than featuring hero astronauts mending spaceships with duct tape or growing potatoes in crap, this depicts human reality. There are doubts, fears, the devastation of getting cut from the team, family crises and funding issues with a conservative government. 

Depiction of technology of the era is very believable as natural evolution of today's tech.

For me, a downer was the casting of one of my least favorite actors in Sean Penn. He's also seems improbably old to lead a 3 year expedition to another planet.

All in all, great viewing so far, I'm looking forward to the actual space part. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7412482/

• Like 1

No Offence was excellent, starting on Condor now.

S6 of Elementary is on Arr Billy- search by date uploaded and there's a 3.9g season package so you don't need to pull down the individual episodes. 

2 parter on 'The Silent War' about brit subs in the Cold war could be good as well. Palin in N Korea Ep1 also available.

Yesterday I watched the pilot episode of "Manifest", a new series I talked about a few weeks back.

Intriguing concept, it remains to be seen if it stays as interesting, or wanders into the idiotic where many of the genre go when the writers run out of momentum.

For those with an interest in standard US programs, this seems to be the time of year when many shows start their new seasons.  eg:  Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, The Resident, Good Doctor, the various NCIS programs, The Voice, Survivor, etc., etc.