Fugitive monk Nen Kham emerges in LA

Lite Beer

The article probably has a probable typo listing Sino Hills rather than Chino Hills, California as to the location of him acquiring a D/L. Los Angeles does have an official designated area named "Thai Town", so it's no wonder he chose to relocate there. Here are 7 facts regarding LA and Thai's:

1. Los Angeles County is considered the 77th province of Thailand because of the high number of Thais living here (largest population of Thais outside of Thailand).

2. The meaning of Los Angeles and Bangkok is the same: The City of Angels.

3. Los Angeles Thai Town is currently the only established Thai Town in the United States and the world.

4. Thai Town has appeared on Anthony Bourdains No Reservations TV show.

5. The extremely popular Thai iced tea or Cha Yen is sometimes served without milk and is called Cha Dam Yen.

6. Be sure to have plenty of cash, as many Thai businesses do not accept credit cards.

7. Chopsticks are usually used only to eat noodles in soups, and using both a fork and spoon (at the same time) is customary when eating Thai food there, same as in Thailand.

wai2.gif

Thai Town in Sydney Australia also.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does Thailand ever try to bring home fugitives? Ask Interpol for an international arrest warrant. Surely when the Thais hand over Russian arms trader Bout and American criminals to the US they can return the favor? Or did the monk pay off Thai officials not to do so? If top dogs do not get locked up all is lost for the Kingdom in the longer run. Free luting for present and future high ranks.

I have not followed this story closely but my understanding is he is being persecuted because of things he did that are not illegal for an ordinary person but rather because he is a monk (religious reasons). If true, this guarantees he will be granted citizenship status in the US and they would never send him back to Thailand and nor would Interpol honor such a warrant ... even if there is just a suspicion his crimes are related to religion. No different than some radical Muslim country wanting one of their people back to execute or jail for converting religion while throwing in a charge of having sex with an underage girl that never was brought up until after it became widely known and publicized the person changed religion.

He's wanted for statutory rape and violations of the computer crime act [whatever that means].

Ok I get it This is about money. He stole money and money can Be replaced What about Vorayud Yoovidhya The red bull heir who killed a police officer.

Why have the Thais not attempted to get him brought back from Singapore

This is truly horrible. At the very least he should be behind bars not walking free He took a life

I do not have any faith in the Thai monks - too many stories of bad monks, rapes, corruption, hypocrisy. If I need to donate to Buddhism I donate to the nuns - I feel they are closer to the true meaning of serving Buddhism (even though I know that Thais do not recognize nuns as equal to monks).

What was he wanted for again?

Edit: just googled him: Statutory rape alone makes me wonder how he's managed to stay in the USA, after all the DSI's finest were after him well over a year ago.

So how does this POS get a visa, but my wife was refused?

It's called corruption........

Why was your wife denied? I'd like to know......

kilosierra wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

no i wont i promised myself not to annoy the mods to much before the new year

see i can take a warning seriously

Nothing worries a mod...they just take another valium and go to the next trouble maker. By the way which new year..I believe it is the new Jewish year now.

Edit: just googled him: Statutory rape alone makes me wonder how he's managed to stay in the USA, after all the DSI's finest were after him well over a year ago.

Do you have his money?

The article probably has a probable typo listing Sino Hills rather than Chino Hills, California as to the location of him acquiring a D/L. Los Angeles does have an official designated area named "Thai Town", so it's no wonder he chose to relocate there. Here are 7 facts regarding LA and Thai's:

1. Los Angeles County is considered the 77th province of Thailand because of the high number of Thais living here (largest population of Thais outside of Thailand).

2. The meaning of Los Angeles and Bangkok is the same: The City of Angels.

3. Los Angeles Thai Town is currently the only established Thai Town in the United States and the world.

4. Thai Town has appeared on Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations” TV show.

5. The extremely popular Thai iced tea or “Cha Yen” is sometimes served without milk and is called “Cha Dam Yen.”

6. Be sure to have plenty of cash, as many Thai businesses do not accept credit cards.

7. Chopsticks are usually used only to eat noodles in soups, and using both a fork and spoon (at the same time) is customary when eating Thai food there, same as in Thailand.

wai2.gif

1. wrong

2. wrong

3. wrong

4. for about two minutes

5. who cares?

6. wrong

7. again, who cares?

Nothing worries a mod...they just take another valium and go to the next trouble maker. By the way which new year..I believe it is the new Jewish year now.

so now i am branded a trouble maker??

I do not have any faith in the Thai monks - too many stories of bad monks, rapes, corruption, hypocrisy. If I need to donate to Buddhism I donate to the nuns - I feel they are closer to the true meaning of serving Buddhism (even though I know that Thais do not recognize nuns as equal to monks).

I would have to agree,

I have seen throughout the years the same things, don't have much respect for them. And this goes in Thailand, and the USA.....

But I have come to question them.... Usually stupid answers, and pointing at their books.

I did let my wife here go crazy on some of these things, here in the U.S.

Result? She realized what was going on..... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

so now i am branded a trouble maker??

depends on which side of the fence you sit.....I wish they would stop putting barbed wire on the top of the fences...it hurts when you sit on it. I guess nothing a monks magic helicopter carpet will not fix. Do not know why he needed all those cars......one goes everywhere I need even if is a bit slow.

Do you have his money?

The requirements to get a tourist visa to the U.S. have zero to do with financials. Not the American boyfriend's financials, nor the Thai applicant's financials.

It has to do with the likelihood that the Thai traveler will not come back to Thailand. When my wife -- at the time my girlfriend -- applied, we both had strong and valid reasons for returning to Thailand.

Judging from what I've read about Monk P.O.S., he's not real likely to return to Thailand.

It place a big question mark over why his passport have not been cancelled. It's easy to do. But then again if they do it to the monk they must do it for the Red Bull kid and that will be bad for the traditional elite. So they let everyone go incase one of the elites need to leave the country under a cloud.

Does Thailand ever try to bring home fugitives? Ask Interpol for an international arrest warrant. Surely when the Thais hand over Russian arms trader Bout and American criminals to the US they can return the favor? Or did the monk pay off Thai officials not to do so? If top dogs do not get locked up all is lost for the Kingdom in the longer run. Free luting for present and future high ranks.

Could it be that the fugitives know where all the bodies are buried.?

A monk that handles 6 million USD a day has rank over a General I bet.

Where does that kind of money come from? Drugs, insider trading, theft, corruption, scams. It certainly couldn't be clean money.

Anyway, that kind of money is tied to influentials that can't be exposed.

No corruption, just facilitation fees.

Another "shiny" example of the men of the cloth. His brethren meanwhile are getting caught on dealing with little pills. Pathetic though reflecting what Thailand has become over the last few decades.
What a pitty and doing unjust to all those honest and nice citizens here.

monk's ain't what they used to be... bah.gif no doubt he's a follower of Phra Suthep wai.gif

Someone introduces Thaksin to another non political thread, in a joking way, and you get all shitty and bring out the yellow accusation nonsense.

See the irony?

Thaksin supporters want to tell others they mustn't do what they do. Just like the boss himself.