Tuesday 11 October 2016Slovenia v England

Friday 11 November 2016England v Scotland

Sunday 26 March 2017England v Lithuania

Saturday 10 June 2017Scotland v England

Friday 1 September 2017Malta v England

Monday 4 September 2017England v Slovakia

Thursday 5 October 2017England v Slovenia

Sunday 8 October 2017Lithuania v England

The minnows of the group must be fancying their chances, eh Smokie? ;-)

I watched Malta v England about 15 years ago at the national stadium there,it was a great day out and seeing Beckham,Gerrard,Lampard etc. run out in the little stadium,even though it only had three walls then as one was being built,was a fantastic day out.

We nearly lost to them I think it finished at 1-1 and I can tell you the normally calm and reserved Maltese were screaming for blood,lol! laugh.png

England's 2018 World Cup qualification fixtures

Sunday 4 September 2016Slovakia v England

Saturday 8 October 2016England v Malta

Tuesday 11 October 2016Slovenia v England

Friday 11 November 2016England v Scotland

Sunday 26 March 2017England v Lithuania

Saturday 10 June 2017Scotland v England

Friday 1 September 2017Malta v England

Monday 4 September 2017England v Slovakia

Thursday 5 October 2017England v Slovenia

Sunday 8 October 2017Lithuania v England

The minnows of the group must be fancying their chances, eh Smokie? ;-)

I watched Malta v England about 15 years ago at the national stadium there,it was a great day out and seeing Beckham,Gerrard,Lampard etc. run out in the little stadium,even though it only had three walls then as one was being built,was a fantastic day out.

We nearly lost to them I think it finished at 1-1 and I can tell you the normally calm and reserved Maltese were screaming for blood,lol! laugh.png

Agree Malta is a cracking trip.

Mancini !? This should get J&D posting again.

I like Mancini, obviously, but I'm not so keen on him for this position. Reckon statesmanlike Pellegrini would be a better fit.

I'd say they need a tactically savvy butt kicker. I like Pellegrini but I don't think he's that guy.

That's what they need a bit of German discipline, lazy pampered clowns

Not just discipline. A manager that knows tactics for one thing.

I found it very frustrating listening to football fans slagging off some England players who were only really guilty of following Hodgson's orders.

The Spurs player, for example arrived in France, in form and full of confidence. They left out of form and totally demoralized. Thanks all to Woy.

Regardless of the calamitous euro16 i think Klinsman will look at this squad and think he can get a lot more out of them. I'd imaging the likes of rooney, Hart will be goners too.

Why we talking about foreign manager's ? English team, English manager, English passion, Pellegrini !!! do me a favour, he has about as much inspiration in him as my left earole, just another old fart seeing out his day's, Klinsman ! hopefully not. Any up and coming English manager please.

^Just to correct you. I was comparing Pellegrini to my City colleague's Mancini suggestion, and not proposing Pellegrini for the engerland job.

Up to me, I'd go for an English manager. I feel embarrassed to have a foreign manager in the England manager position. Worst scenario; a german manager (there are still millions of English people alive who lived through ww2 and its aftermath). I'd go for an older english manager (Harry, why not) as 'manager' and two current managers (from the likes of The Big Sam, Dyche, Bournemouth pup) as 'assistants' and in two years make a decision of one from the 'assistants' to take the reigns with a couple of 'assistants' (ie. boot room succession).

Why we talking about foreign manager's ? English team, English manager, English passion, Pellegrini !!! do me a favour, he has about as much inspiration in him as my left earole, just another old fart seeing out his day's, Klinsman ! hopefully not. Any up and coming English manager please.

Howes at Bournemouth but way too early in his management career.

^Just to correct you. I was comparing Pellegrini to my City colleague's Mancini suggestion, and not proposing Pellegrini for the engerland job.

Up to me, I'd go for an English manager. I feel embarrassed to have a foreign manager in the England manager position. Worst scenario; a german manager (there are still millions of English people alive who lived through ww2 and its aftermath). I'd go for an older english manager (Harry, why not) as 'manager' and two current managers (from the likes of The Big Sam, Dyche, Bournemouth pup) as 'assistants' and in two years make a decision of one from the 'assistants' to take the reigns with a couple of 'assistants' (ie. boot room succession).

As long as Trevor Brooking sits on an FA board Redknapp has no chance of getting the job

Ok so you Reckon statesmanlike Pellegrini would be a better fit than Mancini for this position but your not proposing him for the job , ok i understand now biggrin.png biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

when was the last time an English manager even won the PL?

1991-92 (Howard Wilkinson, Leeds United)...72 year old now.

Quick check, 91/92 was the last season of the English Division One, so no english man has ever won the Premier. Premiers: Scotland 14 v 0 England...oops.