Another Fatal Accident on Pattaya’s Roads

webfact

Another Fatal Accident on Pattaya’s Roads

By Danny Boy -

big-bike-3.jpg?fit=964,643

Another Thai man involved in another fatal accident in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- At around 6:00am on February 1st, Pattaya police and emergency services were called to the scene of a fatal accident involving a Thai male.

At the scene, police found the dead body of the Thai male, later found out to be aged 26 years old. He had suffered some horrendous injuries including broken bones in both his arms and legs, as well as a fractured skull. Emergency services believe that it’s almost certain he died upon impact due to the severity of his injuries.

According to a witness, he had seen the victim driving his black GRX 200 motorbike at high speed before losing control and smashing into an electrical pole. The bike was in fact found wedged between the electrical pole and a wall. The bike still had a red number plate on, which indicates it was still fairly new.

On searching through the bits of debris trying to find out what may have caused the victim to lose control of his bike, police found the rev counter which had broken off. It showed the rev ticker stuck firmly in the red zone, which indicates the victim may have still been accelerating at the time of impact. It also showed a speed in access of 120km/hour.

The body was taken to the local hospital for full examination and family and friends have been called and told about the tragic news.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/fatal-accident-pattaya/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-02

I have said in numerous posts before how accustomed you become to this. Feeling a bit disappointed that another young life wasted.

But honestly the way they ride their bikes here is unbelievable. I see it everyday,no helmets,weaving in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds. Not giving a shit about other road users or pedestrians.

At least no one else was injured or hurt,except the family members left behind.

Maybe new licence holders should be forced to watch the videos on you tube for 1 hr. Motor vehicle accidents in Thailand.

4 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

I have said in numerous posts before how accustomed you become to this. Feeling a bit disappointed that another young life wasted.

But honestly the way they ride their bikes here is unbelievable. I see it everyday,no helmets,weaving in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds. Not giving a shit about other road users or pedestrians.

At least no one else was injured or hurt,except the family members left behind.

Maybe new licence holders should be forced to watch the videos on you tube for 1 hr. Motor vehicle accidents in Thailand.

What it will take is roving police patrols that catch bikes (and cars) speeding and doing dangerous things like undertaking or bikes passing in the middle line.  That happened to me yesterday.  A scooter going 100km passed between me and a truck just as I was moving to the left lane after passing.  Blinkers on, I almost hit the bike.  2 riders, no helmets.

Bike speeding in Pattaya's poorly maintained roads is a nono… !

At high speeds..you hit a bump or a pot hole.. You're done for… !

I hope farang riders read my post for what it's worth… ! The end results are where that unfortunate rider is resting on the cement post!

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

What it will take is roving police patrols that catch bikes (and cars) speeding and doing dangerous things like undertaking or bikes passing in the middle line.  That happened to me yesterday.  A scooter going 100km passed between me and a truck just as I was moving to the left lane after passing.  Blinkers on, I almost hit the bike.  2 riders, no helmets.

Your blinkers may have been on but did you check your mirrors the see if the road was clear before attempting to change lanes???

Pattaya has the most dangerous electrical poles in the world. TVF calls for greater law enforcement over the decades have of course been totally ignored. The only solution is deploy electrical pole airbags on all the poles to instantly inflate and absorb the force of impact. If sticky like flypaper it could restrain the driver until police arrive.

Edited by JSixpack

31 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Your blinkers may have been on but did you check your mirrors the see if the road was clear before attempting to change lanes???

I was doing 60km, they were doing 100km and came from behind the truck I was passing.  Impossible to see them until the last minute.  Dangerous behavior.  Never pass in the middle while on a scooter. 

4 hours ago, manarak said:

at least no one else was injured... if only all accidents could end this way, without harming innocent bystanders and other drivers

Exactly ! It's always better when they kill themselves riding bikes than Benz...

Yesterday two girls on a bike overtook me cut infront and then overtook another car on the inside , further down the road ,my wife opened the window and told the girls off for being so stupid , the passenger ,just laughed at her and said tell your husband he should drive faster . no cure for being  stupid .

For what is supposed to be a laid-back people the Thais sure are in a hurry once they take to the roads. Only speed they know is Max, same as when they turn on the music. Max volume only. But then that's the same way they view most things - black and white, no half measures. Knock a man down and kick kick kick until you might have killed him. Interesting culture. Is it because most Thais are or feel restricted all the time, so once they get the chance to break free they go to extremes?

9 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I was doing 60km, they were doing 100km and came from behind the truck I was passing.  Impossible to see them until the last minute.  Dangerous behavior.  Never pass in the middle while on a scooter. 

Undertaking on a three lane dual carriageway is actually a legal maneuver in Thailand, but changing lanes without confirming the one you're about to enter is clear is illegal. If you can't see far enough to confirm whether the lane is clear or not (because the truck you've just passed is blocking your view for example) then don't change lanes. Simple.

Changing lanes blindly is just as  dangerous as a bike weaving blindly through traffic and more dangerous than making a legal undertaking maneuvre

11 hours ago, sumrit said:

Undertaking on a three lane dual carriageway is actually a legal maneuver in Thailand, but changing lanes without confirming the one you're about to enter is clear is illegal. If you can't see far enough to confirm whether the lane is clear or not (because the truck you've just passed is blocking your view for example) then don't change lanes. Simple.

Changing lanes blindly is just as  dangerous as a bike weaving blindly through traffic and more dangerous than making a legal undertaking maneuvre

It's legal for a scooter to pass in between lanes?  Overall, these guys weren't legal.  They were speeding and no helmets! LOL