"No, you gave me a 100 baht" says 7/11 staffer after being handed 1,000 baht

webfact

"No, you gave me a 100 baht" says 7/11 staffer after being handed 1,000 baht

6PM_VID.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CCTV footage posted to Facebook showed a female 7/11 staffer try to con an elderly woman at one of their stores. 

The footage shows the staffer taking a 1,000 baht note and tossing it in a storage area under the counter. 

She then sidetracks the customer by telling her that the till is experiencing technical difficulties. 

Then she gives change for 100 baht. 

The customer is adamant they have handed over 1,000 baht and the old lady is then shown a bunch of 100s in the till, but no thousands. 

Another staffer is called to sort out the problem and the till is closed off. 

The footage was posted by a friend of the victim who warned people - especially the elderly - to be on the lookout for such deception. 

Sanook did not report where it happened though according to the date on the CCTV it appeared to have occurred on 21st September. 

They also did not report the eventual outcome of the deception or what happened to the staffer. 

There was no comment from the owners of 7/11.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-24

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The cashier is right under the cctv camera, how could she believe that she wouldn’t be caught?

Though I do wonder how the friend get hold of the footage. 

Happened me in maxvalu recently also with a 1k.note 

I know the cashier knew because of how quickly she refunded the correct amount and crumpled up the receipt and threw it into a bin on her side of the counter

• Thanks 1

This is a risk people run by using minimarts to make change for a 1000 Baht note. I try to avoid doing this.

I was once given 500 Baht too much in change at a restaurant. The waitress got it back; I know that till shortages are deducted from their wages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think what I would do in restaurants would work just as well at such convenience stores. I don't do it because I don't consider it high risk. Also the place I usually go has super nice clerks that know me. In general I think workers at such places are excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

Not surprised. The only time I've had a bill not paid was a 3BB done at 7-11 which I was later told had never been paid. By then I had lost the receipt and paid again but that was over 600b wasted (or gained).

More fool you for not keeping your receipts here for at least one year; none of them can be trusted !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kannot said:

had   car wash staff  take 1000 baht out of my ash tray once ( I dont smoke) I keep it there for emergencies, they were stupid enough to replace it with 100 baht thinking I wouldnt notice I mentioned it to them and they  looked at me like I was  nuts, I gave them their 100 baht note back and drove off.

Phone  call to my  local Policeman and he visited the car wash and  called the owner who retrieved  the 1000 baht + the 100 baht they had left me in the ash tray.

Never used them again and  note they  dropped their prices  substantially now so probably closing soon

did you know this copper prior or just called the station?  nice to see the bib involved even though this could be seen as trivial.

36 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Very common and handed down from generation to generation. I had it happen at a 7 11 years ago. Didn't budge and got the correct change back. Open air food markets are notorious for this trick

Had it happen at a bar, and a Tesco Lotus (!) 

34 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

The thieving girl will keep her job and the Police will announce...''It was all a terrible misunderstanding '' !

It was a terrible misunderstanding, the cashier understood she was entitled to get away with blatant theft. 

Edited by Bluespunk

It happened to me 3 times at a local hardware shop,the lady owner

knew, that I knew,what she was up to, so from then on whenever I

would buy something there,I would wave the money above my head,

we both laughed about it,I guess if she got away with a couple of times

a day,she was having a good day.

regards worgeordie

27 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

very surprised at this.

I have always found the staff at 7 to be very polite and honest

The overwhelmingly majority are and they're also underappreciated and underpaid I'm sure as well. Then later they age out of those positions.

• Like 2