CONFIRMED: Thai mass shooter killed at shopping mall

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

why does the media pixelate fake guns out on lakorn shows and films on tv, but when it comes the the real thing they don't?

They have a thing against fake things except when it's the "government".

Edited by FarFlungFalang

2 minutes ago, 30la said:

Anutin who jumps from an event that concerns him directly to another that affects him only indirectly because the mass killer is his colleague of arms, give a mask, even to your colleague ...

He is the Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister so I would have thought it entirely appropriate.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, darren84310 said:

I had no idea that Thailand is an island until Reuters news told me. 

I always had the impression it was a unique planet at the centre of the universe that foreign aliens could never understand!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, alexth said:

How does it even matter? There is absolutely NO justification for such actions! 

it does matter if people are going to make judgements and misrepresent his horrific actions to promote their own agenda

understanding the underlying causes and taking appropriate actions/measures may help prevent such atrocities happening in the future

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, samsensam said:

understanding the underlying causes and taking appropriate actions/measures may help prevent such atrocities happening in the future

You live in hope! we no longer live in a sane world, ban "video" games and movies that glorify actions like this? not going to happen!

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find the stories about wanting to start a war etc, have been made up, the same as the boss was having an affair with GF stories.

The guy only posted a couple of things on facebook before it got shutdown, the posts have been widely shown on TV news, none of the posts said anything about starting a war.

He explicitly stated that on Facebook. 

He said for the first 3 it was revenge and the others he was starting a war against rich people or words to that effect. 

If you didn't see or understand that it is not my problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Are there any mental health programs available for those in military here? Young men, away from family with access to lots of firepower.... why would they need any counseling, etc? Thai culture seems to lack "safety valves": people can go from all smiles and wai to full on homicide in nothing flat when they do finally "pop".

First of all huge condolences to those innocent people affected by this. My wife was in tears most of the night. 

Yo have to wonder about the guy’s mindset, and how much it was influenced by other high profile mass shootings around the world, particularly in USA. Of course, we’ll probably never know. 

1 minute ago, Yadon Toploy said:

He explicitly stated that on Facebook. 

He said for the first 3 it was revenge and the others he was starting a war against rich people or words to that effect. 

If you didn't see or understand that it is not my problem.

I did see the posts and nothing about a war.

Can you show a screen shot of the post that talks about starting a war. ????

the quote is about being angry at rich people, the rich people that just ripped him off. 

Here are his posts, nothing about a war, just pisseed off with the people who just ripped him off.

1-side.jpg

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I did see the posts and nothing about a war.

Can you show a screen shot of the post that talks about starting a war. ????

the quote is about being angry at rich people, the rich people that just ripped him off. 

Here are his posts, nothing about a war, just pisseed off with the people who just ripped him off.

was probably a side glance, at a different Topic...

another parallel Topic, that mentions '...war...'

2 minutes ago, shen923 said:

Warning, watch at your own discretion, graphic images ahead from the room where he was killed.

https://www.facebook.com/100021253968779/videos/500590067326121/UzpfSTEwMDAxMTIyODYxMjQyNzoxMDI4MTk1MDI3NTY0Nzc1/?id=100011228612427

there might be a select few, that automatically get protected from viewing the scene... 

- those Not on Facebook!

can otherwise keep checking in at Kiwi farms

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shen923 said:

Warning, watch at your own discretion, graphic images ahead from the room where he was killed.

https://www.facebook.com/100021253968779/videos/500590067326121/UzpfSTEwMDAxMTIyODYxMjQyNzoxMDI4MTk1MDI3NTY0Nzc1/?id=100011228612427

Wow! So sad to see more unfortunately have lost their lives.

A dark day in Thailand’s history. 

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Now, Thailand joins the list of countries with mass murderers. I did find two others, in the past 15 years. But, none this bad.

googling for any history of anything similar before posting shows great discipline and ensuring forum threads remain grounded in fact. Very good, thanks.

Still a bit sad though.