Giving up on Pattaya

aussiexpat

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

. . . . including the location, quality and cost of accommodation and the convenience of all services are hard to equal anywhere in Thailand.

Your previous posts indicated you were in Pratumnak in which case the "location" and "convenience of all services" bits can't be true.  Can you clarify?

11 minutes ago, treetops said:

Your previous posts indicated you were in Pratumnak in which case the "location" and "convenience of all services" bits can't be true.  Can you clarify?

I'm not going to give you my exact address, but nowhere is more convenient than where I am. What services do you think are inconvenient for a person living near the park?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Reading your answer i am not at all ''completely and utterly wrong''

but you are not alone to be in a form of deny

if it wasn't the girls, a lot of others places

offer you a much better deal for the beach

the swimming, the sun. the weather, the food

the shopping and the general ambience.

Lol fella am not in denial. Thats what I think about Pattaya. Great all rounder in all aspects 24/7....

If it was "solely" about Girls and nothing else I certainly wouldn't be visiting at all.

Only the out and out desperate in society would visit Pattaya if it was just Girls and nothing else

Just now, Chivas said:

Only the out and out desperate in society would visit Pattaya if it was just Girls and nothing else

"Out and out desperate in western society" ......... pretty much describes us all.

I could do everything else cheaper in Florida/Portugal.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Based on what experience? I never go to bars and I'm not here for the girls, yet I would wager that my lifestyle in Pattaya, including the location, quality and cost of accommodation and the convenience of all services are hard to equal anywhere in Thailand. If I knew of a better place, I would be there.

So you're single ........ no Thai woman partner in your bed?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I really don't understand why people that don't live in Pattaya feel the need to come into the Pattaya thread and say how bad they think it is. Surely you can spend time in the thread where you actually live or threads where you love going to.

Your'e just trolling otherwise 

People love Pattaya for the same reason some people hate it. If you don't like it, it's not Pattaya's fault ????

Me, I loved that every night in Pattaya felt like New Years eve, well at least until the flag waving chinese tourists put us in a fishbowl, but we adjusted, we moved to LK Metro ????

I don't live in Pattaya, I'm in Chiang Mai.

But I like reading about Pattaya, and if I were single, and still up for sex, I'd probably move down there.

I also like Hua Hin.

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But I like reading about Pattaya, and if I were single, and still up for sex, I'd probably move down there.

I also like Hua Hin.

But that's just it, people that love Pattaya are not all about sex.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I also like Hua Hin.

And if living full time, was a requirement to post in the local forums, this thing would be more dead than Nimmanhaemin.  Does 22 years of visits and a high education count for anything?

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:05 PM, Chivas said:

I haven't given up on Pattaya but have red carded it for 2 years with a hopeful return in the Autumn of 2022 by which time I'd "expect" to have seen a vaccine up and running with a high take up

No vaccine becoming available in general then frankly Thailand is over

They certainly dont need the Tourist Dollar to balance the books what with the huge (massive in fact) increase in FGR since the Pandemic started and borders closed

Do you know if you're still alive then? ( Without trying to hurt you).

I've stopped planning what I'm doing in a couple of years, the times they are a changing. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moontang said:

And if living full time, was a requirement to post in the local forums, this thing would be more dead than Nimmanhaemin.  Does 22 years of visits and a high education count for anything?

In your case, I doubt the high education as us with Masters degrees normally don't brag about it. You are just crapping on Pattaya for no reason

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Based on what experience? I never go to bars and I'm not here for the girls, yet I would wager that my lifestyle in Pattaya, including the location, quality and cost of accommodation and the convenience of all services are hard to equal anywhere in Thailand. If I knew of a better place, I would be there.

You are in denial

you don't clearly state why you came here in the first place

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Lol fella am not in denial. Thats what I think about Pattaya. Great all rounder in all aspects 24/7....

If it was "solely" about Girls and nothing else I certainly wouldn't be visiting at all.

Of course it's not just the girls or sex

they are the icing on the cake

if they weren't here, nobody will come for the first time

then come and come back again, then stay here full time

Greece and Turkey for example are cheap, have nice beaches,

clear sea water. fantastic food and a lot of sun too, but something is missing in the picture

• Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 12:43 PM, BritManToo said:

Almost everyone I've ever met in Thailand had a 3rd rate education.

Most of the white folk I encounter were retired postmen/plumbers/house painters/SAS not to mention a few younger ones that appeared to be unqualified English teachers, not to mention the totally broke 'digital nomads'.

If I have to spend my time with stupid people, I'd prefer them to be fit young women.

Else I'd prefer to drink at home alone with cheap beer from my local booze shop, sitting in the garden.

Or the German lifelong students. Doing a degree they finish close to retirement.

On 10/6/2020 at 8:49 PM, aussiexpat said:

12 years coming to Pattaya I've only ever had 2 warm beers and both were replaced immediately. Supposed warm beer is not a reason to give up on Pattaya

You really don't drink a lot, do you?

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"Out and out desperate in western society" ......... pretty much describes us all.

I could do everything else cheaper in Florida/Portugal.

Really?

I lived 3 years in Portugal and it isn't so cheap.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Of course it's not just the girls or sex

they are the icing on the cake

if they weren't here, nobody will come for the first time

then come and come back again, then stay here full time

Greece and Turkey for example are cheap, have nice beaches,

clear sea water. fantastic food and a lot of sun too, but something is missing in the picture

7-11

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are in denial

you don't clearly state why you came here in the first place

You're clearly making assumptions based on your biased view of Pattaya. I deny nothing. I came here as a happily married man 15 years ago. I don't need to clearly state my life history to make the point that Pattaya is a great place to retire.

The fact that there were, precovid, many bars around town was never any imposition on my enjoyment of life here. Now that the bars have closed, it's even better with less traffic. If the bars never opened again, it would be of no consequence to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

That is like bringing sand to the beach if you ask me but to each his own I guess.

Not at all. Your beach "sand" may share a common gender with my wife, unless of course you prefer transgender "sand", but that's about it. Just because you have an appendage between your legs doesn't make you a gentleman either. Whoremongering into one's twilight years with Pattaya's sand seems like a desperate and depraved existence, but each to their own.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Your beach "sand" may share a common gender with my wife, unless of course you prefer transgender "sand", but that's about it.

Prime opportunity to tell someone to "go pound sand" wasted...

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, BigStar said:

Usual promulgation of abysmal stereotypical ignorance. You don't even know what school they attend, of course.????

I've known several examples personally where Thailand diplomas/degrees were in fact accepted in the West. One business owner's daughter was accepted by USC, graduated with an engineering degree, and now works as a professional engineer. Fact. She doesn't regard her father as selfish. Another, an adopted Thai, after attending a purely Thai school, later graduated from ABAC w/ a business degree and was accepted in career path positions in the States and is now in pilot training w/ the USA military. 

His daughters go to quite a good school, are doing well, and seem to be learning more than they would in the usual taxpayer-funded public school in the West, which is where returning expats typically park their kids. They're also not learning a lot of the undesirable characteristics of Western students and it certainly shows.

They may continue uni or graduate school in the West, as countless Thai students do, Or they may enroll in one of the many dual degree programs in offered by Thai unis in cooperation w/ Western. I've known of a successful example of that as well. So, if they're really interested in a particular career, and have some aptitude, I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to pursue it (as in the examples above). In any case, they may not wish to live and work in the West anyway. All those bigots over there, as you know well.

Countless?

There are 66 million people in Thailand.

How many graduate from western universities each year? And how many because their parents are filthy rich? It is not countless.

It is a known fact a Thai education is worthless outside of Thailand. 

4,000 engineers where I work in the US, India, China, South Koreans, Russians and not 1 Thai.

We had our son in one of the most expensive schools in Chiang Mai (https://ptis.ac.th/).

When he came to the US in the Eighth grade, he was a year behind the kids here for his age.

Now he is excelling at the Uni of Florida. Speaks English, Thai, Spanish.

He will have a future he never would have had, if we trapped him in the Thailand school system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

No, I'm married and my wife is also an expat.

It is unusual though, assuming your wife is the same age and nationality, it's not an ideal place for a wife as there's too much competition from other women which a lot of men would find it hard to resist, not you

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Really?

I lived 3 years in Portugal and it isn't so cheap.

If you're not associating with a woman, and all the expense that comes with them, everywhere in the world suddenly becomes very cheap. I spend 50-60% of my income on women, if I didn't want them I'd have loads of spare cash.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2