For how much longer do we have to wear masks in supermarkets for?

Keyser Soze666

Just now, Flying Saucage said:

Yes Mike.

But keep in mind that it is as likely that Thailand really has zero cases as it is in Turkmenistan and North Korea, which are the only 2 other countries of reasonable size, which self-claim to be virus free, and which have dictatorships in power with governments as honest and honorable as the Thai government.

Mountains of evidence to back up Thailand's claim that it is virus free.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Well you had better be careful not to get involved in any accidents, can't be breaking any laws now, can we?

Read my posts. I have no problems breaking laws. I do have a problem causing offence to people I live amongst. Not wearing underwear causes no offence as no one is aware of the fact. Everyone is aware if I go outside my property not wearing a shirt or a mask and some would take offence.

• Haha 1

Just now, polpott said:

Read my posts. I have no problems breaking laws. I do have a problem causing offence to people I live amongst. Not wearing underwear causes no offence as no one is aware of the fact. Everyone is aware if I go outside my property not wearing a shirt or a mask and some would take offence.

"I have no problems breaking laws." All I can say is your post is just one big contradiction.

I now sometimes forget to wear a mask, and no-one cares, Half the staff wear their masks under the chin or not at all. I agree that the Thai government should say masks now not required - until next outbreak.

But for those of you who think the global situation is over-hyped, well 5,000 people a day still die from covid - officially, and many more are never recorded as such. The pandemic has been slowed down by social distancing, hygiene and closure of larger social gatherings, but it hasn't gone away - if anything they will prolong it until some immunity is built up. Russian flu (now believed to be another coronavirus) and Spanish Flu both took about 3 years to burn themselves out. At current rates, that could still mean about 5 million dead by the end. 

1 minute ago, polpott said:

if that's all you can say, best say nothing as your post is nonsense.

But you have just said "I have no problems breaking laws." after you said something along the lines of people should always obey the law. So whose post is really nonsense?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

But you have just said "I have no problems breaking laws." after you said something along the lines of people should always obey the law. So whose post is really nonsense?

Please quote me where I said people should always obey the law. More nonsense from you.

I even gave you an example of a law that I break every single day.....but it doesn't cause offence.

Edited by polpott

11 minutes ago, polpott said:

Please quote me where I said people should always obey the law. More nonsense from you.

I even gave you an example of a law that I break every single day.....but it doesn't cause offence.

Hello Mr Polpott, here is your quote. "Rules is rules. If you want to live in the country you abide by the rules. not make them." Answer please.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Hello Mr Polpott, here is your quote. "Rules is rules. If you want to live in the country you abide by the rules. not make them." Answer please.

There's a difference between rules and laws. Also you have taken my quote completely out of context by not showing the post I replied to. You are now just trying to be offensive, don't expect any more replies to your nonsense.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

There's a difference between rules and laws. Also you have taken my quote completely out of context by not showing the post I replied to. You are now just trying to be offensive, don't expect any more replies to your nonsense.

Good, now no more contradictions please.????

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I go to a local mall for a cup of tea once a week, to meet a couple of friends. I am not permitted to enter the mall without a mask, but having walked probably 60 yards to where we sit, which is not partitioned off from the rest of the mall, I am then allowed to sit there mask free for the duration of my stay !

A bit contradictory to the necessity to wear a mask. 

So be happy that you can do it like you do. Let the rest of it go. It's just not a big burden. Forget the contradictions. 

• Sad 2

On 9/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, Keyser Soze666 said:

there hasn't been a domestic covid case here for approx 4 months now! So why still the masks??

wearing mask is one the important reasons that we are covid free now. Thailand can not afford another wave. Not wearing mask will make it more risky. No foreign tourists, but at least we can go anywhere in Thailand freely with no limit with respecting current rules.   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

yes champion ! you can be sure to know when someone has covid but no symptoms !

why foreigners are so ridiculous and make problems to apply such a simple rule ? Actually i love mask to stop having to see these ugly all men faces !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, shackleton said:

No hardship wearing a mask 

Its become part of my normal routine 

Clearly yes ! but some people as my parents are so idiots that they keep thinking about it instead of just shut up and wear it forever ! Stupid old people !

• Sad 2

Maybe the new norm for 5 years.

Thailand has mainly dodged the bullet so far but it is not over by a long shot,

I hope when a vaccine becomes available the Thai authorities have the intestinal fortitude to demand a vacciation certificate for entry.

Worldwide I hope it becomes "no jabs, no journey"

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My nephew and his GF both got it in the US. Mild symptoms for a few days, and then gone. Very few without pre-existing conditions are taken down by it. Also, diet appears to be a big factor. Eating junk daily lowers the immune system. Basic common sense. 

we are learning a lot from this new virus. i agree with you. it seems healthy people with a normal healthy immune system seldom die. it are the people basically with modern day diseases basically bc of eating unhealthy and unhealthy lifestyle, that have to pay the price. Even than people will not admit it but only blame covid.

We can fight this virus by a vaccine OR maybe the fat people should go eat more healthy. Basically covid is like the flue.

19 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Maybe the new norm for 5 years.

Thailand has mainly dodged the bullet so far but it is not over by a long shot,

I hope when a vaccine becomes available the Thai authorities have the intestinal fortitude to demand a vacciation certificate for entry.

Worldwide I hope it becomes "no jabs, no journey"

for people who take care of their health by eating healthy and excercising, with a normal healthy immune system, covid is seldom lethal, mostly a temporary inconvenience.

maybe instead of demanding everybody gets a shot of alien fluid in his body, we should demand or socially expect ppl to live more healthy, or, last resort, let Darwin do his job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

"Hot weather" has been debunked ages ago.  Just ask the people in Florida, Texas, Indonesia or the Philippines.  In some places in the Philippines, like where I live, we have to wear face masks and face shields inside of public places, outside walking and inside transportation.  In the case of a motorcycle, the requirement is a mask, a shield, a helmet and if there are two riders there needs to be a shield between them.  In my city alone, there have been well over 500 arrests for violations.  The penalty is ~ $21 for the first offense and by the time you get to the 3rd offense it is ~ $100 plus jail time.  The Gestapo even enters private property to enforce the rules.  Then, of course, we have nightly curfews too with arrest and detention for violators. 

sounds the cure that the us needs. 

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It does, however, beg the question...... what testing has been taking place outside of quarantine suspects? The reason Thailand is a no fly country for the UK is because of a serious lack of testing......Trump was right....if you don't test you don't get positive results.

I agree up to a point. But if there had been hundreds or thousands of people being hospitalised we would certainly have heard about it, if not from government sources then via social media. You really can't cover these things up anymore, unless you are somewhere like China where even social media is controlled by the government. Thailand hasn't quite reached that stage yet.

• Like 1