Thailand targeting seven-day quarantine for tourists

webfact

3 hours ago, damascase said:

I fail to understand this. One arrives with a recent Covid-test, is tested several times again during quarantine, so why does it matter where you come from?

At the same time they let Thai people re-patriate withoud a Covid test before the flight home.,.,.

Well there you go, the dual-pricing mentality is alive and well.

• Like 2

I havnt even read the article as the headline says it all these clowns need to realise that your average tourist comes for two to three weeks for a holiday they are definitely not going to come if they know they have to go into quarantine and be presented a bill after being released In order to carry on the few remaining days of their holiday, if they carry on with this sheer lunacy the already struggling economy will explode into oblivion and all the elites will flee to there second homes around the world leaving the normal Thai to struggle . The very thought is frightening it was only last week I caught someone picking the lock on my mountain bike they were trying to steal it to sell on because they had no food on the table I gave the guy a 100 baht because that’s all I had on me so he could get some food to put in his belly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, pookondee said:

All this malarky is getting like a game of snakes and ladders now.

The majority of other countries are not exactly thinking of tourism as the number 1 priority at this time.

Makes you really wonder if Thailand has been massively downplaying the % that foreigners contribute to the Thai GDP... 

be it through tourism or all the other trickle down effects of foriegn currency being injected into the country.

"Thailand has been massively downplaying the % that foreigners contribute to the Thai GDP..." 

Jackpot! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I understand that quarantine thing,but why they have to separate between high and low risk countries if they all have to quarantine.Makes absolutely no sense.Every tourist has corona insurance so if they arrive with the virus their treatment is paid for already

Seems to me that a proven successful vaccine well accepted by most/all countries is the only real answer.

Hopefully very soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure. And what about the no. of stars of these hotels, a few are 4 star, many/most are 5 and even 6 star hotels.

Many many tourists come to Thailand for a cheap holiday, normally (my guess) they would stay:

- A very small number in 4 star hotels.

- Even less (very few) in 5 and 6 star hotels.

- Large / very large numbers in 3, 2, 1 star hotels.

If they have any interest at all to come to LOS for a holiday (including quarantine), it won't include quarantine in 4, 5, 6 star venues. They just won't come.

Therefore a need for many quarantine hotels at 3, 2, 1, star level. 

Not rocket science.

Don’t make me laugh a 4* hotel in Thailand is equal to a 1* in most of the Western world it appears you have not stayed in many hotels around the globe there are a few exceptions and those are hotels that are under foreign ownership but your average Bangkok Hotel falls well short of even a 1*

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Don’t make me laugh a 4* hotel in Thailand is equal to a 1* in most of the Western world it appears you have not stayed in many hotels around the globe there are a few exceptions and those are hotels that are under foreign ownership but your average Bangkok Hotel falls well short of even a 1*

Not really the point, is it!

And yes I regularly stayed in dozens of hotels, all star levels, across the globe for more than 25 years when I was traveling continuously for my work.

• Like 2

a few pts id like to mention,yes perhaps a quarantine is needed 7 days seems a go.needs to be in an available and properly priced hotel,if not no,all hotels are almost empty so use them!the racist scams must stop ,people can easily see whats going on,youve done it too many times before.same with the insurance scam.if youve tested before getting on the plane  then x2 in quarantine your just  like everyone else and that applies to what ever country youve come from.so nix it no one else does it.swedes are being let in. great but their nos are high.so why?indias are lower but theyre not on the allowed list .why?bias and racism,same points keep coming up dont they!ankle straps well weve not heard about that one so iguess theyve shelved it,importantly returning thais must have a test neg cert to board just like us.why?they can infect the plane just look at your own figs.virus free people then test pos ,why?coz virus pos people are allowed on the plane,its a simple logical concept.its not gonna fly unless equality is put in the equation.dont you get it,watch the int news.nat parks ,quit with the same stuff it wont fly now,dont insult people.you may get some rude abuse back and then say ohh these terrible rude foreigners,cause and effect dummies never heard of it?its up to you,revive your economy or die in the desert of thirst.just control your greed and stupidity and you will prosper try thinking of all human beings as just the same as you,human beings,its really a good way to start the day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is seeking ways to shorten the 14-day quarantine for foreign tourists to attract more arrivals as the country opens up.

They can shorten quarantine but that would not change much as there are still to many more expensive things to pay for . Who would want to come anyway as most feel safer in there own country at the moment .

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

They want their cake and eat it and it ain’t gonna happen. 

“Tourists” are not coming for a holiday to spend a good part of it in Thaicrataz. Period.

Just waiting for a bureaucrat to come up with the idea that 'tourists could just send their money to Thailand, in return for a thank-you video'...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is seeking ways to shorten the 14-day quarantine for foreign tourists to attract more arrivals as the country opens up.

"As the country opens up?"  Have the wheels of the first plane hit the ground yet?

Honestly, I don't think four days, i.e. 14 days reduced to 10 days, would make such a huge difference – so far, only an extremely limited number of snowbirds are allowed in – there should be some both experience and statistics from the numerous, often daily, cases of positive Covid-19 from already legally returning Thais and foreigners, which could justify if 10 days or 14 days is the best observation period; I seem to recall that some experts mentioned that 14-days quarantine was perhaps a little too short period for Covid-19...????

• Like 1