Trump does not plan to concede any time soon, aides and allies indicate

webfact

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

did you read the entire article?  nothing sinister to see here.....any formal response would shirley be called out as election interference. 

Overnight, a Kremlin spokesperson indicated they will wait until the election result is officially confirmed before providing a formal reaction, noting Trump’s legal claims over possible electoral fraud. China echoed a similar response.

“We believe it is correct to wait for the official results of the elections that have taken place,” Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

“I’d like to remind you that President Putin has repeatedly said that he will respect the choice of the American people whatever it may be.”

Peskov said Putin would be “ready to work with any elected president of the United States” despite a crumbling relationship since Moscow was accused of election interference in 2016.

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

did you read the entire article?  nothing sinister to see here.....any formal response would shirley be called out as election interference. 

Overnight, a Kremlin spokesperson indicated they will wait until the election result is officially confirmed before providing a formal reaction, noting Trump’s legal claims over possible electoral fraud. China echoed a similar response.

“We believe it is correct to wait for the official results of the elections that have taken place,” Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

“I’d like to remind you that President Putin has repeatedly said that he will respect the choice of the American people whatever it may be.”

Peskov said Putin would be “ready to work with any elected president of the United States” despite a crumbling relationship since Moscow was accused of election interference in 2016.

I didn't say anything is sinister but in 2016 he congratulated him within 1 hour

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I didn't say anything is sinister but in 2016 he congratulated him within 1 hour

not stated, but imo implied when you post a link to an article, without comment, about the "forboding" silence of putin.  what is the importance of the article?

Peskov said that this election was different because of the legal challenges that Trump, who has refused to concede defeat, is planning to mount over the vote.

“The difference is quite obvious … then there were no announcements of legal challenges,” Peskov said.

Edited by ChouDoufu

10 minutes ago, bendejo said:

So DT's dictator buddies are unhappy?  I see that as a positive for the U.S.

Back to december 2019 

"Mr Biden, the former US vice president, says in the video he is "very concerned" about Mr Erdogan's approach to Kurds in Turkey, his partial military co-operation with Russia, and access to US airfields in the country, a NATO ally. "What I think we should be doing is taking a very different approach to him now, making it clear that we support opposition leadership," Mr Biden said in the video and verified by a transcript published in January by the Times, according to Reuters."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-turkey-idUSKCN25B0XS

America Under Biden Won’t Go Soft on China

On Election Day, the editor of the Chinese government propaganda newspaper Global Times, Hu Xijin, gleefully posted on Twitter about storefronts being boarded up in U.S. cities, writing that unrest is usually a “complication of elections in poor countries, but people are worried it may appear in the US. The US is in degradation.” 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/11/06/biden-china-trump-election/

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

Back to december 2019 

"Mr Biden, the former US vice president, says in the video he is "very concerned" about Mr Erdogan's approach to Kurds in Turkey, his partial military co-operation with Russia, and access to US airfields in the country, a NATO ally. "What I think we should be doing is taking a very different approach to him now, making it clear that we support opposition leadership," Mr Biden said in the video and verified by a transcript published in January by the Times, according to Reuters."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-turkey-idUSKCN25B0XS

For those who like to credit DT with not starting any wars while in office this is other end of the telescope: he's been capitulating to world leaders who are stronger and smarter than him.  We can only imagine the jokes they tell about him.

putin-salman0.jpg.161b68c361aefa40b7faf0471aa45f54.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Very likely he will continue playing golf, sulking and the occasional Twitter storm until January 20.

Perhaps no more "big announcements" with concerned and hurt expressions  at the White House, he may have noticed that they just lead people to take the <deleted>!

And then, inauguration day, "The Final Meltdown"

He is firing a lot of people but that is nothing new.  To take a line from Terminator, that's what he does, that's all he does.  Apologies for insulting terminators.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, johnmell said:

Why does it take over 2 months to install a new president.

Living in the past (took a while to get there from certain parts of the country). Used to be even longer before the 20th Amendment. You'd think it would be changed to avoid such a ridiculous situation but ...

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, tonray said:

Especially because they know Trump is about to set up a competing news venture....I'm sure it will be filled with right wing conspiracy theorirsts and it looks like Megan Kelly is vying for an anchor job.

Covid will ease off, trump will not

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tonray said:

Especially because they know Trump is about to set up a competing news venture....I'm sure it will be filled with right wing conspiracy theorirsts and it looks like Megan Kelly is vying for an anchor job.

Oh yes, I'd heard about that. A Trump controlled news channel. I'd rather assured that it was a joke!

If it ever happens, it will be.

Mind you you need quite a lot of cash to set up any media operation. Access to cash ( borrowing) could just be a problem "going forward'" as they say!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2