U.S. Supreme Court swiftly ends Trump-backed Texas bid to upend election results

rooster59

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Its called an election. 

Numbers are involved. 

President elect Biden got 7 million more votes than exiting Mr.Trump. 

Of course the election is actually decided based on electoral votes. 

Biden 306

Mr. Trump 232

Do the math.

Only an authoritarian movement would try to overturn any election much less a definitively won one by such as that.

Thank you for posting the voting and electoral college numbers. I had no idea what they were till your informative post told me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thank you for posting the voting and electoral college numbers. I had no idea what they were till your informative post told me.

Given  your defense of the Trump team's ridiculous record of failures, one can't help but believe that that's true.

• Haha 2

On 12/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, FritsSikkink said:
On 12/12/2020 at 7:07 PM, Kelsall said:

Both sides need to take a deep breath and clear their heads.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:07 PM, Kelsall said:

Remember, Trump is still Commander-in-chief.  He may just go for it.

Go for what? You want a civil war because you lost an election. That would be treason and punishable by death.  

Do any of Trump's fan boys consider that when they dress up as a Confederate soldier, attend a protest and get interviewed like the muppet on BBC TV news yesterday?

I don't mind freedom of speech. It's this freedom of stupidity that's worrisome.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

This just in....

Republicans accept Biden win after Electoral College vote

Hoping webfact starts a new topic.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-senate/senior-republicans-accept-biden-as-president-elect-reject-talk-of-overturning-election-idUSKBN28O33F

End of an error....The king is dead , long live the President

Slight alteration:- "End of an error.......The clown is dead, long live the President.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Does he not understand that that's exactly what the Supreme Court just did? They said (in so many words), "We're not going to make a decision on this, we're going to let the people's decision stand."

I think Flynn was referring to violence necessary to let the people he wants decide.

He's still digging his way to China  by shoveling more lies and absurdities on twitter...Hard to imagine who would  be left to stand with him if he had been able to lie his way back into office.

His fans evoke the image of battered wives who defend the  actions of their abusers. 

My opinion is that McConnell and other Reps realized that the Dems could justify doing the same thing in the future .

It could also jeopardize the greater advantage Reps get from the  Electoral college system if its use is abandoned altogether.   

McConnell: "The Electoral College has spoken.”

Trump attacks Supreme Court for not helping him steal election and dubs McCain ‘overrated’ in late night Twitter rant

“I am very disappointed in the United States Supreme Court, and so is our great country!” tweeted Mr Trump.

......And in another post he lashed out at the late senator John McCain, who was widely hailed as a war hero when he died of cancer in August 2018. "Check out last in his class John McCain, one of the most overrated people in DC,” Mr Trump tweeted. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-tweet-scotus-election-mccain-b1775998.html

Edited by Seth1a2a
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

America Shouldn’t Try to Forget Trumpism Happened — It Should Bring His Whole Administration to Justice

The other day, Joe Biden — who’s now finally officially the President-elect — said something remarkable. America should “turn the page” and begin “healing.” Remarkable — but not in a good way. In a fatally disappointing one.

https://eand.co/fascism-a-coup-mass-death-this-is-why-the-trump-administration-should-be-prosecuted-d6ce28e2af94

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flynn drops a bombshell.  I wonder if the military would agree to this?  Whether it would or not, this guy is publicly calling for a military coup, and should be tried for treason once Biden takes over. 

"US Former national security adviser Michael Flynn says US President Donald Trump could deploy the US military to "rerun" the election if he wanted to. ...

... "The President has to plan for every eventuality," Flynn said, "because we can not allow this election and the integrity of our election to go the way it is. This is just totally unsatisfactory."

Following a suggestion the President could immediately make an order to "seize" every voting machine, he discussed the possibility of Trump using the military to redo elections in every swing state. 

"Within the swing states if he wanted to he could take military capabilities and he could place them in those states and basically rerun an election in each of those states," he told Newsmax."

'It's not unprecedented': US former security advisor says Trump could deploy military to 'rerun' election (msn.com)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Flynn drops a bombshell.  I wonder if the military would agree to this?  Whether it would or not, this guy is publicly calling for a military coup, and should be tried for treason once Biden takes over. 

"US Former national security adviser Michael Flynn says US President Donald Trump could deploy the US military to "rerun" the election if he wanted to. ...

... "The President has to plan for every eventuality," Flynn said, "because we can not allow this election and the integrity of our election to go the way it is. This is just totally unsatisfactory."

Following a suggestion the President could immediately make an order to "seize" every voting machine, he discussed the possibility of Trump using the military to redo elections in every swing state. 

"Within the swing states if he wanted to he could take military capabilities and he could place them in those states and basically rerun an election in each of those states," he told Newsmax."

'It's not unprecedented': US former security advisor says Trump could deploy military to 'rerun' election (msn.com)

Wow.  Well, we've known he was dodgy from the start.  He should be jailed.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes, this is high treason from a former general and a new crime. He should be tried, convicted and should spend the rest of his miserable life behind bars. To make it extra miserable his cell mate should be trump!

The only miniscule obstacle standing in the way is the 1st Amendment.

10 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes, this is high treason from a former general and a new crime. He should be tried, convicted and should spend the rest of his miserable life behind bars. To make it extra miserable his cell mate should be trump!

Who is Bubba?

• Haha 2